Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-10-2012, 08:39 AM   #1
royj1234
Registered Users

My Mood:
NINE days overdue!

I don't post often but just hoping to vent and get this off my chest. My due date was May 1 so that makes me 9 days overdue. I was charting so Im confident on my dates. I am dealing with an insane about of calls and texts asking everyday in disbelief that I have not had the baby yet. My sister came to visit and had to fly back last night. So she flew here to meet the baby and there was no baby. She would ask me every hour if I was having any pains or contractions. Talk about pressure! Others have also said how awful it that she had to leave before seeing baby. Yes it is very dissappointing but there is nothing I could do short of medical intervention to get the baby out so stop making me feel bad about it. People are also very concerned that something is wrong/will go wrong cause the baby is late. I've heard everything from the baby could be 17 pounds with two teeth (Thanks grandma) to the baby is gaining a pound every week overdue and you wont be able to push him out. I just can't take everyones comments!! Not once has someone said good for you for waiting till the baby is ready or not begging the doctor to induce or csection. My son was one day late so I wasn't really prepared for a baby this late but I'm managing. I actually feel fairly content until I let others comments get to me. At doc appt on tuesday they did an ultrasound and said baby and fluid levels are great. My bp is perfect, urine great, and everything else is just fine too. Medically no reason to induce or be concerned. Doctor is not pushing at all to induce and feels good about me waiting till 42 weeks. She knows I have been relaxed and wanting no medical interventions/drugs if possible. She did offer to induce this week if that was something I really wanted but just threw it out there with absolutely no pressure. So 90% of the day I feel good about waiting for the baby to arrive on its own. But 10% of the day I am letting others comments and fear think maybe I should consider induction. Please let me know if you think I am doing the right thing and baby will eventually come out.

Also adding that I know I am making progress 4cm dialated, 80% effaced, mucous plus a week and half ago, bloody show yesterday but its still so hard to trust my body and just wait it out!

Advertisement

Last edited by royj1234; 05-10-2012 at 02:23 PM.
royj1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 08:44 AM   #2
Madeline's Mommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: NINE days overdue!

DDC crashing.

I just wanted to say Good Job. You are awesome for putting your baby first and letting him or her come on their own time and not giving into pressure. I fully believe that it is best to go into labor when baby is ready!
Old 05-10-2012, 08:47 AM   #3
Sarichka
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ugh, how annoying. Good for you for staying positive despite all that noise from other people. I understand it can get to you, though. Stay confident! You know you and baby are healthy and all will happen when the time is right. My husband was born ~3 weeks after his due date (I don't think they'd let that fly these days) and he was a happy, healthy laid-back baby. He was not a giant and did not have any teeth .

Good luck!
Sarichka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 09:02 AM   #4
need some diaps!
Registered Users
seller

Great for you! My baby is 1 today and a year ago I was going through the same thing but was my 8th day. She was born at home 1030 at night after 3 hours of labor and she was perfect! Not 15 lbs and no teeth
need some diaps! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 09:26 AM   #5
groovymum
Registered Users

My Mood:

You are doing awesome! What "they", don't see is the big picture. Babies come when they are ready..not everyone else. Having said that my BF went 20 days past her due date and had a 7.9 baby. That babes needed to stay in there, not to mention if she had a normal OB they would have prob induced at 40 weeks and had a 6 lb baby. Just trust that your body is awesome and when he/she is done cooking perfectly they will be here in a jiffy!!
Old 05-10-2012, 12:07 PM   #6
mariamommy
Registered Users
seller

I am a fan of waiting. I went to 43 weeks with my last pregnancy, boy do I understand what you are going through! My EDD is Sunday and people are already driving me crazy with ph calls and comments. Hang in there! It is May!
Old 05-10-2012, 02:21 PM   #7
AleahDeann
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Good job mama!! Tell people to stop asking because it can cause labor to not come. All the pressure, your body will wait. You will do awesome and your baby will be so perfectly healthy!!
Old 05-10-2012, 03:55 PM   #8
rosenfried2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Ddc. I second everyone else. Baby is great, mom is great, waiting is just fine. We will be doing the sAme thing come July .. No inductions here either! Good on you for being patient !

Follow me at my blog:Rosenfried's Ramblings
rosenfried2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 11:29 PM   #9
lovebabies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madeline's Mommy
DDC crashing.

I just wanted to say Good Job. You are awesome for putting your baby first and letting him or her come on their own time and not giving into pressure. I fully believe that it is best to go into labor when baby is ready!
Yes! I agree with this! My mom went 10 days overdue with my sister, and she was born in 45 min! Your body totally knows what to do, and you are so smart to let it just happen. Hugs, mama! I know it's really hard to wait.
Old 05-10-2012, 11:38 PM   #10
me_just_me
Registered Users

My Mood:

Sounds like it will happen very soon if you are 4 cm, 80% effaced and having bloody show! I bet it will be very soon!

Good for you for holding out and let baby come when it is ready. I know how frustrating going past your due date came be.

Hopefully your labor will be quick and easy with how dilated and effaced you are already!