Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 05-11-2012, 03:09 AM   #11
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: NINE days overdue!

Thanks for all the kind messages and support. Today is ten days past my due date and I am hopeful

Jen- Mama to Nathan (06/08) and new baby on the way!
royj1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 05:18 AM   #12
Registered Users
My best friends mom was induced at 41 weeks with her eldest, the 4 next children she had at home at 43-44 weeks!

She found out after her first that her mom, grandmother, great grandmother (and most likely past generations) ALL went overdue even up to 6 weeks! And ALL babies were 10lbs or smaller and fairly easy and quick labours

This is a totally rare case, but usually you can trust your body. You'll make it!!
Marie - Living my dreams! Mama to a bright and busy big girl, a sweet little toddler girl and expecting a surprise in November! If I'm not with my daughters, then I'm or doing or spending time with the husband or... what else? here on DS!
omahonycm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 03:18 PM   #13
Registered Users

Hang in there! I just gave birth on Saturday, and I was 9 days past due and having the SAME feelings you were - I was miserable and sure I would have to be induced and not get my unmedicated labor, but everything worked out PERFECTLY. My baby was 8lbs 3oz at birth, and absolutely the cutest little bug ever. I had very little warning about going into labor, so it could happen any time for you. I know it's tough, but you're proving how strong you are by waiting!!
BCsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 11:08 AM   #14
Registered Users
My Mood:

I hope you have your baby by now! Just wanted to chime in and say that my baby was 7 days past due and still only 7 pounds 4 ounces, and looked more like a 38 weeker. Obviously he just needed more time than we all thought! I was also charting and I knew exactly when he was conceived, so there was no doubt that he was really in there 41 weeks...
Sara- mommy to Claire (01/10) and Micah (3/12) and someone new (10/14)
Birth doula and life-long student of Everything! Need a doula in the central VA area? Let's talk!
songbird516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 11:14 AM   #15
Registered Users
My Mood:

I'm still not at my DD yet (due May 21) but I have a similar family situation happening. One side of my family decided to travel out to us (we live over 500 miles from the nearest family member) and stay at our house for 10 days starting the day before my due date. They've all been calling me every day to see how I'm feeling - but it's more of in a pressuring kind of a way than out of concern!

I'm also feeling stressed because i really don't want them at the hospital while I'm there - so I'm torn between wanting baby to stay in until he's ready and stressing out over the fact that I want him to come BEFORE their arrival! My Dr. has been pushing me to schedule an induction (concerns over "large baby", higher numbers than they like to see on the GD test even though I was negative, etc) but I really want to wait and let things progress how they will. It makes me feel like I have this "Deadline" looming, though...

I'm sorry you're feeling the same and I'm sure each day feels like an eternity! Hugs mama! I hope your LO arrives soon and is healthy and ready to meet you!
Lisa799 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 05:14 PM   #16
Registered Users
My Mood:

You are totally an inspiration. I have whined for inductions in the past, and always regretted it.. Last time they had to induce because MY condition was deteriorating (like, I was really sick and losing weight, and my measurements were really going down fast.. Once I started bleeding really bad so they induced. But one was just total whining. The one labor that started naturally was so wonderful, so easy.. I am determined to do it that way again, and will probably re-read this thread if I go over much!
Mama to 3 sweet girls, and one handsome little man
Cautiously expecting number 5 in October
kymdenise is offline   Reply With Quote