Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-11-2012, 08:35 PM   #1
momomom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Norwex Reviews, please???

I received a Norwex window cloth for xmas. I've never been to a party. I like the cloth a lot- takes a bit of elbow grease but does a good job on mirrors and my stainless appliances.

I was going to buy some more but choked when I discovered the prices.

If you use Norwex envirocloths for cleaning, do you LOVE them and why, and do find them to be thrifty overall?

Also, I was going to splurge despite the cost when I thought the 'silver ions' disinfected the surfaces you clean, but now I realize the ions just keep the cloth from getting moldy/ stinky but do not affect the surfaces you clean. That was sorta disappointing to me.

Anyway, I am sick of cleaning these days so I was looking for some cleaning stuff to motivate me and make me enjoy it a bit more. Anyone else have non-toxic cleaning things they love? I had to give up white vinegar because yds has a corn allergy and pretty much all white vinegar is distilled from corn- who knew?

Advertisement

momomom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 09:48 AM   #2
Bear Family
Registered Users
seller

Re: Norwex Reviews, please???

I have been to a party and was impressed, honestly the only reason I haven't bought anything is the price. My friend is a consultant and totally swears by them, thats pretty much all she uses and is a super clean freak. I told her I want some but not that bad right now to pay that price, and she said she thought the same thing and put off buying it for a while too, but she tells me that I will be happy with the purchase once I start using it to clean.
Bear Family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 07:54 PM   #3
Melinda29
Registered Users
seller

Soak orange peels in apple cider vinegar for a few weeks, strain through a coffee filter, then mix half and half with distilled water and use in a spray bottle.

It is very disturbing to me how many people have the wrong idea that Norwex will disinfect surfaces with just wetting the cloth with water. The consultants, too. People are wiping down their toilets and then their kitchen counters with the same cloth . . . Yes, I know the cloth itself is disinfected so there are no bacteria transferred, but still . . .

Last edited by Melinda29; 05-14-2012 at 07:57 PM.
Melinda29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 08:09 AM   #4
drabekgirl
Registered Users

I have both the window and the cleaning and I no longer use the cleaning just the window. Why well their is the obvious of the cross contamination. but really it never took the urine smell out of my bathroom! I have 2 boys and I can't stand the smell of urine in my bathroom.
drabekgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 08:15 AM   #5
Arabesque
Registered Users

My Mood:
I love my Norwex cloths. I have one specifically for the kitchen, one for cleaning toilets, and one for cleaning bathroom counters. That way I don't have any cross contamination. I do have other microfiber cloths that I use in the kitchen, and the Norwex is by far the best at cleaning the counters.
Old 05-15-2012, 11:51 AM   #6
NorwexMa
Registered Users
seller

I'm assuming you are looking for customer reviews, but I thought I would leave some neutral comments in regards to your questions, because they reminded me of many of my thoughts too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momomom View Post
I received a Norwex window cloth for xmas. I've never been to a party. I like the cloth a lot- takes a bit of elbow grease but does a good job on mirrors and my stainless appliances.
Are you using a wet cloth to wipe them clean first,then dry with the window cloth? I haven't had to use much elbow grease this way.

Quote:
I was going to buy some more but choked when I discovered the prices. If you use Norwex envirocloths for cleaning, do you LOVE them and why, and do find them to be thrifty overall?
This was my first reaction too- honestly. And still is for most of my customers b/c all my friends/ area customers are as conservative as I am. Talk to your consultant, she may have some customer specials, and of course there is always the option to host a party (same way as with other consultant based businesses). Others justify it because they don't have to buy any other (chemical or green) chemicals. For example, the envirocloth can be used for dusting, carpet spot cleaner, stain remover, surface cleaner, ect. So you have 1 cloth in the cupboard vs. 5 or more cleaners and cotton cloths/paper towels. They have a 2 yr warranty, but for many people they last much longer. Obviously I like them, but I will let others comment on that part for you.

Quote:
Also, I was going to splurge despite the cost when I thought the 'silver ions' disinfected the surfaces you clean, but now I realize the ions just keep the cloth from getting moldy/ stinky but do not affect the surfaces you clean. That was sorta disappointing to me.
A positive thought- nothing (chemicals or vinegar) is being left on your surface either! Norwex used to say that the microfiber in the cloths removed 99.99% of all bacteria/germs from surfaces, and the silver prevented bacteria growth cloth while/after cloth was dry, but due to US regs and rules they had to reword it to say that "nothing is left on the surface". Technicality, but still same thing, it was just their point that a consultant cannot prove at parties that (with chemicals or microfiber) the surface was 99.99% bacteria free.

As for cross contamination- I leave this part up to each person's comfort level. Everyone is differnt in that area!

Hope I haven't offended anyone. No spamming is/was intended. Just wanted to offer some insight/info.

I enjoy being thrifty green with Norwex! http://leahrus.norwex.biz

Last edited by NorwexMa; 05-15-2012 at 11:58 AM. Reason: wording, address cross contamination :-)
NorwexMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 06:42 PM   #7
Melinda29
Registered Users
seller

NorwexMa--So do they have actual proof that if the cloth is wet with plain water and then wiped on my kitchen counter, that my counter is 99.99% free of bacteria??? I went to a party once and the consultant said that the cloth is free of bacteria, but she was not sure about the surface, she had never seen any actual evidence or independent studies. She just used the cloth to wipe off the chemical she sprayed on the surface.

Not trying to be rude, just honestly curious.
Old 05-16-2012, 06:53 AM   #8
NorwexMa
Registered Users
seller

She used the cloth to wipe off chemical???? Wow, first time I heard of a consultant doing that! Maybe she was new? No offense, but that defeats the whole purpose of Norwex!

Yes, they do have 'offical' studies and tests that did leave the surface free of bacteria. They are rather wordy and sound scientific to me (not my language preferance). Some consultants do a protien swab test with raw, warm chicken, and do a first swab after the raw chix has been wiped on the counter, and then another test after the microfiber cloth wiped the counter clean, and the test results develop color differnces in 10 minutes, so customers at parties can see the differnce (no protiens detected after being wipes with the cloth). This is not a 'germ' test, but it picks up traces of protiens on surfaces, demonstating how the cloth picks up everything without spreading it (protien/germs) around. Actual lab bateria test take days of developing and are much more costly, and wouldn't be effective for party use.

I enjoy being thrifty green with Norwex! http://leahrus.norwex.biz
NorwexMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 06:16 PM   #9
Melinda29
Registered Users
seller

Okay, you sold me! Heading over to your link!
Old 05-18-2012, 10:40 AM   #10
momomom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have also discovered ecloth, a much cheaper, non-mlm (please, don't even argue that, ok? ALL home businesses like this are mlm's!!!) company that makes a similar microfiber cleaning cloth, WAY cheaper than Norwex. I am still planning to buy a couple Norwex things, like the grey kitchen cloth for really greasy stuff, but I will probably buy some ecloths. I actually already bought 2 for 7.99 and frees hipping to try and as all the reviews say, they work just as well. And their mop got top reviews by realSIMPLE magazine and costs only 40 bucks unlike Norwex's 112!!!
momomom is offline   Reply With Quote