Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-12-2012, 10:20 AM   #1
Cherise1502
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Should I be worried?

Hi ladies - I'm 41 weeks today and am feeling absolutely nothing! I really want our second homebirth and want to believe in my body that it will do what it is designed to do I guess this morning I'm just having my doubts. I am feeling no pressure have had no contractions nothing My midwife is not worried at all but I'm starting to feel a little defeated

Advertisement

Old 05-12-2012, 10:24 AM   #2
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Should I be worried?

I know this isn't your first, but with my first, I felt nothing prior to going into labor. I didn't even lose my plug that I know of before going into labor. I really don't think lack of labor signs is anything to worry about. But, I know that it is hard not to worry. Hang in there! It definitely won't last too much longer.
Old 05-12-2012, 11:04 AM   #3
Michelle_M
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Have you tried eating Jump Start Your Labor cookies and nipple stimulation?
My midwife (talk to yours to make sure she's ok with it) would suggest a mix of black/blue cohosh.

Perhaps your midwife can offer some suggestioins... of course walking and sex are always at the top of the list.

Good luck mama.
God bless!

Send a custom greeting card from Just Because Stationery!Because you don't need a reason to show you care. Caring is reason enough!!!
Michelle_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 11:52 AM   #4
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I was the same with both of my pregnancies- no prelabor at all. First one was born at 40 and the next one at 41. Each day brings you closer! I know it's really hard to remember that when you're stuck in between, but try not to focus on the waiting too much. My midwife talked me out of a lot of things to try to start labor, and I'm glad that she did. The few things that I tried didn't help anyway. I went to bed crying because I thought I'd never go into labor, and woke up in hard labor; baby was born 2.5 hours later.
Unless there's something that might be slowing up labor starting, like baby's position, try not to worry too much; baby has a schedule too!
Old 05-13-2012, 06:46 AM   #5
Cherise1502
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Thanks ladies - about a week ago I gave up trying any remedy that I knew of to bring on labor as it is proving useless - I've done kohosh, drinking red rasberry leaf tea, evening primrose and of course sex Baby is head down and there just no start of any labor - so wanting to get him here and I know he will !
Old 05-13-2012, 02:43 PM   #6
Kelly3139
Registered Users
seller

I was 41 weeks to the day when I went into labor with DD. My midwife kept telling me that I will not delivery a 5 year old this baby will come At that time I did not think it too funny but of course she was right. At 9:41 pm at 41 weeks even labor started! This is the most dreadful part just waiting when we are so eager to meet the little one. I actually cheered and clapped my hands when I arrived at the birthing center and the nurse confirmed I was in actual labor!
Hang in there Momma!
Old 05-13-2012, 03:38 PM   #7
Cherise1502
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Michelle - Where would I find the Jump Start cookies? Also, how do you take your kohosh - like how much and how often to try to get something going?
Old 05-14-2012, 02:41 PM   #8
mariamommy
Registered Users
seller

I am not sure exactly how to respond, but isn't the fact that you've done this before any encouragement? I am hoping for vbac soon and had 3 "failed" deliveries ending in cesareans. If I was in your shoes already having one vaginal birth under my belt I would be super excited. But I know its all perspective, I can totally understand the going postdates and having no signs of anything, that's how all of mine have been and how this one is ending up, i'm already "late".