Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-12-2012, 10:21 AM   #1
Mara'sMommy
Registered Users
seller

I feel exhausted ALL the time!!!

Hey ladies. I cannot get over how tired I am all the time. Just doing the laundry, loading/unloading dishwasher etc etc is such a chore. I definitely felt this way when I was pregnant with DD BUT I was working an overnight shift, 11pm to 8am and I just always thought that was why. This time around I'm working but I work as an independent contractor doing placenta encapsulation so while it's still work, there isn't set shifts. I am also breastfeeding my 14 month old, and I'm 20 weeks pregnant. Is anyone else feeling this way? I'm out of breathe, totally exhausted and never hungry. I can't figure it out.

Advertisement

Mara'sMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 10:50 AM   #2
angelarose
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: I feel exhausted ALL the time!!!

I am definitely tired all the time even though I am pretty sedentary. I am 37 weeks and just doing a load of laundry makes me have to sit down for at least 30 minutes, can't relate to the appetite thing, I've been eating constantly!
Old 05-12-2012, 05:41 PM   #3
boekesec
Registered Users
Formerly E***n
seller

I'm 17 weeks and also totally drained. It's much worse than during the first trimester, even. I've actually worried about it too since you're supposedly not supposed to be QUITE as exhausted in the second tri. I was tired with DD too, but not like this. Also, like you, out of breath and not really hungry. Have you been tested for anemia? I think that's a pretty common during pregnancy. Most docs will test for it in the initial bloodwork, but I would think it could show up later in pregnancy even if you were fine at the beginning. Worth asking your doc about at least. Hope you feel better soon!
Old 05-12-2012, 07:23 PM   #4
kangasox
Registered Users
seller

I'm 14 weeks and the same. I remember being tired with my first but with my second. This time, I'm WIPED out all the time. I keep waiting for it to let up!!
kangasox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 12:43 PM   #5
Mara'sMommy
Registered Users
seller

Thanks ladies. I hope we all get some energy soon. I was actually thinking could this possibly be anemia?! Im going to talk to my midwife about it soon. I noticed if I have my a/c on its better, and we live in Florida so it gets pretty warm without it running. Trying to save money but I also have to be able to function on a day to day basis. Luckily I'm half way through! Come on October!!!!!
Mara'sMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 01:55 PM   #6
pharmmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ugh! I'm at 32 weeks and I slog thru the day. It's just too hard to sleep at this point, which I'm sure is making it much worse. No anemia here though, just pregnant and tired. My OB runs a check for anemia when she does the glucose screen and I came back clear.
Pharmacist, wife to a nerdy chemist, and proud mama to Leta (12/2006), Derek (4/2009) and Viola (7/2012). Now if only I could figure out a way to quit my job and still pay my student loans all would be well with the world.
pharmmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 02:17 PM   #7
dancingingrace
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm so sorry that you're feeling this way, but I'm relieved that I'm not the only one! I'm 16 weeks, and I have honestly been getting a little worried about how wiped I am...and it isn't really sleepy-tired (although I get that way enough, lol), but I constantly feel physically worn out. My first preg was perfect, and I even worked full time...I had the typical tiredness at the beginning and end, but I really felt great overall. Now, I'm a SAHM, and I know that my totally active DD has to be part of it, but even if I just stand up to make her lunch or get myself ready in the morning, I feel like I'm going to faint. My body feels like sand, and I sometimes get shaky or blurry vision if I don't sit down when I feel it coming on. I get really hot, too, and I'm out of breath. I have a bit of a belly now, but I'm really not that big yet. I asked at my appt last week, but they just shrugged it off like it was normal. I was also wondering about the anemia, or maybe even gest. diabetes, which I haven't yet been tested for this time around. I know each preg is different, but I really am a little confused at just the extent of it this time. Hope you start feeling better, mama....hang in there!
dancingingrace is offline   Reply With Quote