Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 01-27-2013, 05:52 PM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
Rosy Complection after

Hi everyone. Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

My little girl is 6 month old. We started solid foods on 1/19. Her first food was sweet potato (homemade, steamed and then pureed), her second food was bananas (pureed at home) and we added oatmeal 3 days ago.

Well, we went for her 6 month check up and I told the doctor that she seemed to poop more often after eating bananas. He said that this was not normal, apparently bananas as usually binding. He expressed that we should not have bananas for a 'few days' and see what happens. We didn't give bananas for about 3 days, her poo seemed ok, she is still 90% breastfed, she just gets two 2 tablespoon servings of food a day max . But last night after eating sweet potatoes her face became all flushed and rosy. hmmmmm right?

So at lunch today she just had oatmeal- no issues, at dinner tonight I gave her bananas with the oatmeal. I didn't want to give her sweet potatoes and she isn't ready for her next food until at least tomorrow.

Well, now she is all flushed again. No fever, a little cranky (but its bedtime) and she hasn't pooped (its 2 hours after feeding, so I wouldn't expect it but just adding info).

So bananas and sweet potatoes both seem to make her flushed but she is 6 months and for sure needs solids. She reaches for our food, has upped how much she breastfeeds, seems hungry.

Any thoughts? She isn't my first kid but my boys are 12 and 9 so I don't remember much. They started baby cereal at 3 months and ate jarred food. They basically rushed into eating without issue.

Thanks again.

Terrible spelling, 'smart' phone using, harried wife & mom to my
2 boys ('00 & '04 ) & our brand new girl (7/12)
Hello, My name is mommy and I am a fluff addict.
eileprose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:00 PM   #2
Registered Users
Re: Rosy Complection after

I'd move on to a different food- I'd try a green one. Maybe peas. And see how she does with that.

She may just be slightly sensitive to bananas and sweet potatoes.
Katledoodle is offline   Reply With Quote