Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 05-13-2012, 03:31 PM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
How did you tell your kids?

I am 8wks pg with #3. Our girls are 7 and almost 5. When pg with dd2 is wasnt a big deal b/c dd1 was so young I dont think she really got it until baby was at home. But now they are older and know a lot more lol When/how did you tell your older kid/s baby was on the way? Btw-we have been talking about adding a baby and so far they have seemed excited.

House Goddess & mama to 8 yr old princess L , 6 yr old mama magnet J and 9mos old love bug C

Swagbucks. Search. Earn. Redeem. Yep, it's that simple (I've earned $70 in gift cards and counting!).
my2sweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 04:22 PM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: How did you tell your kids?

My oldest is 7 and was 6 when we found out. We had been trying and waiting and finally happened. She was excited but after we found out gender even more so. Yea I don't know if it hit til grandma was here when oldest woke up to take to school instead of mommy and daddy. Couldn't wait to go to school and tell everyone. We have a big sis /big bro class here that went through stuff when new baby comes for different ages and they did pics so baby would know siblings and tour birthing area and that they had a job to help get mommy where she needed to go in the hospital and how to help after baby is here. Seemed to make them a part of the process and all.

Only thing I think was a change was getting used to crying at night especially during the year. Kind of like when we came from living not by a train right across the road to a train right there whistling several times a day... I had to get used to that too and now yea I might be oh yeah train but not startle me awake at night like it used to. I think it will be alright.
abunchoflemons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 11:24 PM   #3
Registered Users
Formerly: PaisleyandLaylasmommy
My Mood:

When I was pregnant with my third, we had the girls open up a picture of my 7 week ultrasound (they were 2 and 4). I had a friend take pics, and it was pretty darn cute. They were trying to figure out what the blurry little picture was, and then as soon as I told them it was a baby in my tummy they started jumping up and down and screaming. That series of pictures still makes me cry happy tears.

With my fourth, I was trying not to tell the kids until after we had confirmed a heartbeat at 8 weeks, but at 7.5 weeks I had a total pregnant-mommy meltdown. I had been really sick and exhausted, and then there was this domino effect of one kid screaming, one kid breaking something, and one kid knocking my coffee all over me... and I totally lost it. I screamed at my poor kids to "get in your room and never, ever come out"... then I commenced bawling like a... well, like a very hormonal pregnant woman.

When I pulled myself together I went into their room, hugged and kissed them, apologized for my ridiculous behavior, and then had to explain why mommy was so crazy. So... that wasn't exactly what I had planned, but they were so incredibly excited that they forgave my insanity, and my girls (4 1/2 and 6 1/2 at the time) tried a lot harder from then on to help me out.
Heather; wife to my love Jacob, lucky mama of Layla (9), Paisley (7), Thatcher (almost 5) and my nursling, Koa (9/4/12). Creator of Hand-stamped jewelry, custom teething necklaces and accessories by Avery Rayne Designs
MacMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 11:41 PM   #4
Registered Users
My Mood:

We were driving in the car.. I don't remember where we were going... and I said "Hey guys, mommy and daddy have some really great news to share with you. We just found out that God is going to give us another baby. You're going to get a little brother or a little sister."

DS1 is 6, DS2 is 4, and DS3 is 2.

DS1 had been asking for another baby for a long time, so he was really excited. DS2 seemed really excited too. And they are both THRILLED that the baby is a girl, because "We have too much boys." LOL

God bless!
Christian wife to my hubby, mamma to three little men and a little lady!

Send a custom greeting card from Just Because Stationery!Because you don't need a reason to show you care. Caring is reason enough!!!
Michelle_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 11:33 AM   #5
Registered Users
Formerly: hu**rees
Mine are non-bio and lived with us off and on (family situation) and no longer live with us but are over frequently and I still feel like they are "mine" so this was very special to them as if they were getting another brother or sister. Anywayyyy, I took them with me to my 3D ultrasound and they instantly knew it was a baby. They were SO excited and thrilled.
"You think that true love is the only thing that can crush your heart;
that will take your life and light it up or destroy it.
Then, you become a mother."

Austen 06/12
Only is offline   Reply With Quote