Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-15-2012, 12:56 PM   #21
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Blessed with children, Struggling for more Week of May 14th

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinpossible View Post
I know how you feel, we are Catholic too! I used to stay home on Mother's Day and cry, I refused to go to church. It's better now that we have the girls but I still feel like a second class Catholic just like you, if we could we would have a TON of babies.

Thanks for the info on your experience. It has only been a week since the baby was passed but I am still bleeding and it's starting to get to me. I know I just had a miscarriage and I am supposed to be thinking "don't touch me" to my hubby but I really want to be intimate again
I don't think there's any such thing as "supposed" to be thinking or feeling. I think we all have a slightly different response. After some of mine, I've been standoffish and after others I've needed closeness. I can't even predict my own feelings each time. Just roll with it and don't feel guilty for how you are feeling.

Advertisement

slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 01:39 PM   #22
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

slimy72 - Some doctors don't like herbs and some think they don't work so they don't care. I was hoping you had the later. I would at least ask and if they resist then ask them why your body is behaving worse now then when you were on the herbs. That way the ball is back in his/her court and they have to come up with an answer. That is how I got DH to go to raw milk.

Melmonkey - My old RE (I have been going to the same clinic since August 2005) told me that. That is why they wanted me to me on something for at least 3 months before a treated cycle.

Ardenne - Thanks for the link that was interesting! I have a child loss which isn't mentioned though. My daughter died at 5 months 5 days and one of my son's died at 11 days. I am just going to see the first Sunday in May as my day. That is international bereaved mother's day. Congratulations on your new baby!

twinpossible - I am sorry your dealing with those feelings in the church. My DH and I struggled with the whole thing for many years and finally DH got mad at something unrelated to reproduction that happened in the church and agreed to go with me to a Lutheran church. We haven't converted yet, but we are very close to starting the process. I was baptized Lutheran but converted a week prior to our marriage and all of our children were baptized Catholic (one was conditionally baptized) and DH is a cradle Catholic so this has been a hard decision on all of us.

I am sorry you are dealing with the bleeding. I tend to bleed a long time after birth so that could be why I bleed as long as I did. After both of my c-sections I was bleeding at the 6 week post pardom visit. So maybe you will be lucky and not have to deal with that.

yellowitchgrl - I am sorry you tested negative today! I hope you can get a miracle this month and that you just tested too early.

I went through many of our baby things last summer and got rid of anything that I honestly wouldn't put on another baby (stained) or I didn't like and was a gift. I still have a lot of baby stuff left though. Much of the stuff I have is still new too. Especially for a little girl.
Old 05-15-2012, 01:57 PM   #23
jacquelinemarie82
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Susan, yay for a retrieval! I'm so excited for you! So you have the 4 follies per side right?
jacquelinemarie82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 02:35 PM   #24
finleyjudemommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacquelinemarie82 View Post
Susan, yay for a retrieval! I'm so excited for you! So you have the 4 follies per side right?

4-5 per side Good enough for me!
Old 05-15-2012, 02:36 PM   #25
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Susan- That's exciting!

Jennifer- We did the same thing, got rid of anything stained or well worn, and some carriers that I wouldn't use again. I used those snuggli type carriers with ds, and didn't discover ergos and wraps until he was 18 months old so no reason to keep all those old carriers.
Old 05-15-2012, 02:37 PM   #26
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by finleyjudemommy View Post
4-5 per side Good enough for me!
YAY!! That sounds pretty good.
Old 05-15-2012, 02:55 PM   #27
twinpossible
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimy72 View Post
I don't think there's any such thing as "supposed" to be thinking or feeling. I think we all have a slightly different response. After some of mine, I've been standoffish and after others I've needed closeness. I can't even predict my own feelings each time. Just roll with it and don't feel guilty for how you are feeling.
I agree. The last couple weeks I was pregnant I was SO NOT interested in being intimate. Looking back I think it was my body protecting itself because I could have ended up with an infection on top of the miscarriage. Now it's been far too long and I miss connecting in that way. This whole process is weird, I keep thinking that I "should" be doing to feeling this or that...most of the time I feel empty and numb.
Old 05-15-2012, 03:00 PM   #28
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinpossible View Post
I agree. The last couple weeks I was pregnant I was SO NOT interested in being intimate. Looking back I think it was my body protecting itself because I could have ended up with an infection on top of the miscarriage. Now it's been far too long and I miss connecting in that way. This whole process is weird, I keep thinking that I "should" be doing to feeling this or that...most of the time I feel empty and numb.
Been there. Just go easy on yourself. It will get better eventually. Give yourself time to heal, and don't judge what you feel.
Old 05-15-2012, 03:07 PM   #29
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've been having a little bit of a personal dilemma with mothers day. I've really wanted to post on my personal blog the two letters from the main TTC forum sticky's about infertility, and loss. I think it would help me feel better to let those close to me read those. Also possibly the link posted about church as well. But I'm worried about the comments and feedback. I've already heard from many family memebers, shouldn't you be over that by now? Um, no actually I'm not. Yes my would be due date is now past, but I'm still not pregnant again, and I'm still sad and frustrated. I would like them to know how I feel but I still don't feel ready to talk about it. Good idea, bad idea? I just don't know. I should chat with dh about it he always has good perspective.
Old 05-15-2012, 03:12 PM   #30
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

finleyjudemommy - Don't know how I missed this earlier but good luck! Sounds like you will have the perfect amount of eggs! :fingerscrossed:

slimy72 - If it wouldn't hurt someone else and you feel you should post it then I would post it. I talked a lot about different things on my blog and I have every background that reads my blog so I try to be sensitive without loosing myself in my blog. I think that is really the best you can do. And your family that is saying that you should "just get over it" needs a sensitivity lesson IMHO.