Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-14-2012, 02:49 PM   #11
this_mel_rocks
Registered Users
seller

Re: Is this forum just warped on my end?

I use firefox and have no issues at all. :shrug:

Advertisement

this_mel_rocks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 07:12 PM   #12
imnottelling
Registered Users

I'm running a different operating system than most of the world, which is why my firefox is likely more of an issue than others. There definitely is some messed up code, just firefox is usually smart enough to figure out what went broke

I emailed one Admin from the contact list pinned on this forum, but honestly I have no idea who can fix it. I see a definite issue just by looking at the html source code, and that's without looking deeper to see if included files have issues.

I doubt upgrading will help in this case.

Boss over 1 Husband, 2 Boys, 3 Girls
imnottelling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 09:31 AM   #13
imnottelling
Registered Users

I've resorted to using Opera for now, but I still see the source code has the comment tag that was never ended.

Who do I contact about it?

Old 05-15-2012, 09:32 AM   #14
imnottelling
Registered Users

I've resorted to using Opera for now, but I still see the source code has the comment tag that was never ended.

Who do I contact about it?

Old 05-15-2012, 04:23 PM   #15
drunkenmonkeysmommy1
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I did update recently
Old 05-16-2012, 11:25 AM   #16
ammcmaho
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

i can only use IE. My firefox does the same.
Paying for two in child care? An au pair may be cheaper! Great for families who need flexibility!
ammcmaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 07:15 AM   #17
~happy2Bamommy~
Four things come not back: The spoken word; the sped arrow; the past life; and the neglected opportunity.
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

I *thought* I had updated firefox but I had not. I had gone through the steps on their website but it didn't actually update. The second the update actually went though it fixed everything on this end. Until that happened I had to use IE or I was seeing what the OP was. Update went through and it is back to normal.

It may be a glitch on this end.No idea. Juan M is the one to contact.He can get the tech team on it. We do know though that others with the same issue resolve it by installing the firefox update.

~happy2Bamommy~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 07:31 AM   #18
imnottelling
Registered Users

Ok, let me see if I can contact Juan. I see one obvious issue which may or may not be the cause of this, but it's easy enough to fix...if only I had access to fix it :P
It's not a firefox issue -- it's an issue with the board, just browsers are so dummy proofed nowadays to be able to throw out some bad coding and figure out what it should be doing.

Old 05-18-2012, 04:52 AM   #19
~happy2Bamommy~
Four things come not back: The spoken word; the sped arrow; the past life; and the neglected opportunity.
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by imnottelling View Post
Ok, let me see if I can contact Juan. I see one obvious issue which may or may not be the cause of this, but it's easy enough to fix...if only I had access to fix it :P
It's not a firefox issue -- it's an issue with the board, just browsers are so dummy proofed nowadays to be able to throw out some bad coding and figure out what it should be doing.

Why has updating firefox worked for not only myself but others as well?

Do for sure contact Juan. If there is something on this end that would help fix it that would be great!

~happy2Bamommy~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 08:43 AM   #20
imnottelling
Registered Users

I'll try to explain what I meant about firefox.

When a website gives code to read to a browser, the browser has to figure out how to interpret the code and display the page.

When code is broken, some browsers work hard and figure out what code is broken and ignore it and figure out what is correct code and display it.

In upgraded firefox versions, firefox is essentially excusing some bad code and is trying to execute what it believes should happen. It may be doing this correctly, but you have no idea what is not being done correctly. In this case, probably nothing wrong is happening.
But this is firefox taking responsibility that it shouldn't need to take. It's not their job to give beautiful sites: it's the website's responsibility to display things properly. FF still wants a market using it, so it's compensating for slacking off on the website's end.
It's a band-aid, not a cure.

Every browser renders code differently, and that is why each page has to meet specific standards so that it should display properly everywhere: IE, FF, Opera, Chrome, mobile devices.

Saying it's a FF issue is passing the buck: there is something broken that shouldn't be. Who knows if there is code that should have been put in and was erased accidentally and what the repercussions can be?

For example, if I programmed a system that allows people to pay money and the browser figured out how to go ahead and do that even though a chunk of my code got erased...so you the user can pay the money, but the code that tracks it to my commission isn't there! The money essentially doesn't get paid to me! Is that a good idea?

See what I mean?

I sent Juan a PM, but no response yet. (Same with an email to Lee...)

It's funny because at work yesterday there was a very similar issue (comment tags gone awry) and my boss tried fixing it to no avail and I came in, cleaned everything up, and that site is now beautiful. It really was a very quick fix....and so what I noticed wrong here too if that's the only issue would also be a very quick fix...but I can't fix it!!

Last edited by imnottelling; 05-18-2012 at 08:44 AM.