Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-18-2013, 06:09 AM   #1
Holly dolly
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Struggling to get motivated...

I NEED to get motivated and start something. I hate working out alone. I don't have a gym locally.

What did you do starting out?? I have a treadmill but it's in my basement (which is freezing cold) and the ceilings are very low so I almost hit my head.

I have better luck working out in the evening...but then I can't sleep. Blech. I'm not overweight but I'm getting soft around the mid section and I hate it!!

Advertisement

Wife to Casey Mom to Isaac and Carson Hoping for someone new in 2014
Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.
Holly dolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 10:08 AM   #2
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:
Re: Struggling to get motivated...

I had weight to lose and started with my diet. I cannot wort out, so I am not much help there.
l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 11:23 AM   #3
s2grace
Registered Users
seller

I think picking a time and just making yourself schedule it in is what works for me. It's not an option. I have to work out. Someone said once that working out is hard, it's a pain, time commitment, etc. But not feeling good or being overweight is hard too. You have no self confidence, feel bad about your body, no energy, etc. So, since both are hard, which kind of hard do you want?

I have been doing exercise videos and I like them. I'm doing turbo fire right now and I like that daily variety. I have to exercise first thing in the morning or it's very hard to get done. that means I have to drag myself out of bed at 5 am! You need to find what works best for you. Can you move your treadmill up to the main floor? can you layer up to go down there? Do some dvds or something?
Old 03-18-2013, 11:40 AM   #4
champatlife
Registered Users
seller

hip hop abs is on sale for 19.95 (i think rockin' body too) they look like fun even if you do them alone.

I'm doing turbofire and insanity currently.
Old 03-18-2013, 03:18 PM   #5
Holly dolly
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Thanks ladies. I have never struggled with my weight...this is a hard change to make!

I need to just start getting my tush out of bed in the mornings so I can accomplish something. I know I will feel better. As for dieting...there are some changes I can make...I want to start having smoothies for breakfast but our grocery budget has been lacking the last few months so I don't have a ton of extra to buy for smoothies.

Any inexpensive smoothie recipes out there that you recommend??

Wife to Casey Mom to Isaac and Carson Hoping for someone new in 2014
Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.
Holly dolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 03:36 PM   #6
savingmomof2boys
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by s2grace View Post
I think picking a time and just making yourself schedule it in is what works for me. It's not an option. I have to work out. Someone said once that working out is hard, it's a pain, time commitment, etc. But not feeling good or being overweight is hard too. You have no self confidence, feel bad about your body, no energy, etc. So, since both are hard, which kind of hard do you want?
I agree with all of this!

Sometimes you just have to make yourself get moving. It takes a while to get in the habit but once you do, it will just become part of your routine. As far as the treadmill being in the cold basement, layer up and remember, once you get moving, you will warm up.

I have a ton of gym equipment in my unheated garage. Sure it was hard to get out there, this winter, when it was in the single digits but I did it and I always felt good afterwards.

I do think smoothies are great but I personally prefer to just eat my food. I find that eating my food rather then drinking it, keeps me fuller for longer. If time is an issue, you can try to pre-make stuff so it is ready to go. I don't have a ton of time in the mornings, so I pre-make egg omelettes with veggies so all I have to do in reheat.

Join me on Swag Bucks to earn Free Giftcards!

Also Earning CASH with Jingit!!
savingmomof2boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 04:56 PM   #7
NotLad
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Try meetup.com for exercising friends. You may be able to find an early morning walking group or yoga in the park - things like that.
NotLad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 09:59 AM   #8
eracheld
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I downloaded the charity miles app to my phone. Helps me get out of the house on a run when I know it's helping someone.

Scentsy team!
eracheld is offline   Reply With Quote