Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-20-2012, 05:13 PM   #11
blueone
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Going to Nutramigen from Alimentum

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvsviola View Post
If you have a script from your doctor, WIC will cover whatever formula you need.
Apparently that's not how it is in NY, but in CA where we're moving to they'll do that. DD is doing very good with Nutramigen thankfully though, so we'll stick with that though.

Advertisement

Old 05-20-2012, 05:50 PM   #12
AcrossTheUniverse
Registered Users
Formerly: ReiSapphireJade
seller

My Mood:

In California, WIC will cover Nutramigen if your insurance won't. They will require you to get a prescription and try to get it covered through a pharmacy via whatever your insurance is first. If it gets denied, you then bring in the proof of denial and the prescription to the WIC office and they will cover it. They will usually give you 1 months worth to tide you over until you figure out whether or not you can get it via insurance. Also, they will require you to go through this process every 3 months.
*i* Loved and Lost (6/12), (9/12), & (2/13) *i*
AcrossTheUniverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 06:16 PM   #13
blueone
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcrossTheUniverse View Post
In California, WIC will cover Nutramigen if your insurance won't. They will require you to get a prescription and try to get it covered through a pharmacy via whatever your insurance is first. If it gets denied, you then bring in the proof of denial and the prescription to the WIC office and they will cover it. They will usually give you 1 months worth to tide you over until you figure out whether or not you can get it via insurance. Also, they will require you to go through this process every 3 months.
I got the transfer papers from our current WIC office in NY and they got the prescription from from our ped already so I should be set. That's good to know that they will cover it if insurance won't.