Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-16-2012, 07:07 AM   #11
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Basically it's Wednesday

Jen, the last couple of times any of us got bronchitis, it took FOREVER to go away. If it keeps her up at night, you can ask the doc about liquid Albuterol. It opens up the lungs so you don't cough as much, and doesn't interfere with any garden variety cough suppressants/expectorants. Totally agree stay away from steriods. Ugh.

It is warm and muggy, and threatening to rain more, and today is the day the movers move the big stuff. Whee! I'll have my real bed to sleep in again. And our couch. The rest I don't really care about.

Ginger has a field trip tomorrow, and told Raj while he was dropping her off she needed her permission slip. I know for a fact I sent her with an envelope with money and her slip, but she had a sub that day. I don't know what I'm more disappointed about, that it never got to the right place or that no one told me until indirectly the day before. Of course it's possible everything is fine and Ginger is confused. Just don't need yet ANOTHER fire to put out today. Gah.

Mr. Grumpy Butt has had two graham crackers and 1/3 of banana. I don't know why he won't eat, but it's clear the lack of food is affecting his mood. Maybe after the couch gets here I can cram stuff in him while he watches TV.

Advertisement

Old 05-16-2012, 07:30 AM   #12
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Ugh. I am so dead tired. First of all, I am still not accustomed to the extended daylight hours we have up here, where it is still bright when the kids go to bed and light enough to drive at 5am. Second, that really cute robins nest with three baby birds gets me up at 5am every morning. Plus the kids don't totally understand their new alarm clocks, so usually one or more goes off in the middle of the night. I feel like am in those sleep deprived newbie days again.
Old 05-16-2012, 07:49 AM   #13
redgirlsmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

And that is why my kids don't have alarm clocks
I got the house picked up, made Bella vacuum, finished my coffee and need to heat up lunch for the big girl's thermoses.
Doesn't everybody have more sun in the summer? I guess I have always lived at around the same latitude, but I thought it was pretty standard.

"Oh, dear. I really ought to do something. But I am all ready in my pajamas."
redgirlsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 08:00 AM   #14
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
Formerly: whitehologram
seller

My Mood:
Mine don't have alarm clocks either. They look cute but they are such a PITA.

Sent from my SG-S2 using DS Forum... Currently in hospital, drugged up after getting my tonsils out. My posts may reflect that.
Old 05-16-2012, 08:01 AM   #15
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
Formerly: whitehologram
seller

My Mood:
The days are much longer here too in the summer.

Sent from my SG-S2 using DS Forum... Currently in hospital, drugged up after getting my tonsils out. My posts may reflect that.
Old 05-16-2012, 08:25 AM   #16
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

In Texas, it does not get dark at 5pm in the winter. Nor is it ever bright enough to drive without headlights at 5am.

I figured the alarm clocks would wear off after a while. It was something that was *very* important to them when we told them we were moving. IDK why. We've tried taking them away after they go to sleep and they come find us in the night and ask where it is.
Old 05-16-2012, 08:57 AM   #17
yaylucy
Registered Users
seller

Location: I live in Arlington, Texas, but travel for work. Currently located in Morgantown WV
My Mood:
Jen, how do you survive? It sounds so hectic! I hope MH is alright and you should try the albuterol - I have asthma and frequently get upper respiratory infections that cause major cough problems. Albuterol fixes the cough/wheeze and helps me breathe enough to sleep

Janine; I cant imagine how it feels to be away from your kids! Its already been three nights, you must miss them so much. Im sure if it was say, a vacay in the bahamas it would be a different story, but a hospital is no fun. I am feeling ok. Woke up in a ton of pain, and didnt sleep much. These pain pills make me so sick and ibuprofen does nothing. Not sure if I should try the pain meds again because I dont want to risk a puke fest.

~Lucy - Dali Mama to Adalia, my DD born 2/08/2012 ~ Sent from my iPhone
Old 05-16-2012, 09:08 AM   #18
redgirlsmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Try Dali's teething tablets Sorry for the pain though, I know how you feel. I am allergic to tylenol so being pregnant is hard with no ibuprofen (ETA I am not currently pg, just in general )
Max is playing, kids are at school. I am obsessively pinning....

"Oh, dear. I really ought to do something. But I am all ready in my pajamas."
redgirlsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 10:00 AM   #19
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

The movers have left. I have a couch again! And my bed! I am stoked beyond words.

We are going to dress the bed (which is harder than it sounds, putting a bedskirt on a king bed) and then I will take a much-needed shower. I will try to remember to take a pic of the liquor tiles.
Old 05-16-2012, 10:23 AM   #20
yaylucy
Registered Users
seller

Location: I live in Arlington, Texas, but travel for work. Currently located in Morgantown WV
My Mood:
I just joined your obsession , Adam told me to get a pinterest and Im super addicted now. And i actually did try hylands!

~Lucy - Dali Mama to Adalia, my DD born 2/08/2012 ~ Sent from my iPhone