Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-13-2006, 02:22 PM   #11
teachermama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: She cant poop!!

Anything come out yet? You're certainly not alone in this situation, my 14 mo. old had it sooo bad over Memorial Day weekend that his ped. gastro. Dr. referred me to the ER because he was bleeding rectally from the strain of trying to go. Anyways, we did the suppositories and they worked, but I was also instructed to do mineral oil because apparently it's more effective. We didn't have though because the suppository did the trick. As for the rice milk causing it, my son has/had horrible food protein intolerances and still drinks rice milk, but I am positive it's the carb's he's been eating that are gumming him up. The reason I know is that he only started on the solids about a month ago due to his food allergies/intorlerances and he's been fine on the rice milk long before this. If ever there was a kid to get blocked up, it's him!! So maybe your little one is different (different kids, different reactions to stuff) but mine definetely is not affected by the rice milk. Hope everything comes out ok!!! It'll definetely be a "fun" dipe to change!

Advertisement

teachermama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 03:23 PM   #12
Kimmomy2dom
Mmmm Saucers eating chocolate
seller

Location: I'm halfway across the country, but weirdos have a way of teleporting!
My Mood:

Yeah, I just wandered in here to see if it worked - or anything was moving yet, LOL. Let us know! I feel responsible for your daughter going to the bathroom now that I suggested that.
Kimmomy2dom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 04:45 PM   #13
SandyG
Moderator at heart, but no longer moderator
The best way I know of to win an argument is to start by being in the right
seller

did she go??? hope so ouchhhy!!
i had to use supp for david too one time. he is aterrible eater
uhmm ithink that rice milk might be the culprit too of her servere constipation
SandyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 05:20 PM   #14
nothing_butt_cloth
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

She poopes a tiny bit and it was so hard. She wont drink the Mineral oil, so I am going ot buy some yogert and at the oil to that. She keeps saying her belly hurts, and i know she has more poop in her.

Feel like with all this I am trying to do i better put her in a sposie or I am gonna have one heck of amess to clean up LOL
Old 06-14-2006, 10:02 AM   #15
BlueMango
Registered Users

Have you done any tummy massage with her? Or take her to a RMT that works with children. There are some special techniques/stokes that they can use that are related directly to the digestive track. Is she getting plenty of fluid? I'd be making bran muffins with stewed prunes. I've only glanced over the thread, so I'm not sure where the mineral oil suggestion came from, but I'd be very hesitant to use it on anyone in my family especially a child. Now cod liver oil, yes...but not mineral oil. How long has she been constipated? If you're working on her diet to help move things along, and massaging her tummy (if you want info on strokes to use, let me know and I will give you more info...but be aware that since she is already constipated the strokes will be uncomfortable for her, but if you do them at every diaper change they WILL help move things through her system)....and you still aren't having success, I might take her to a doctor to at least have them listen to her bowel to make sure there isn't an obstruction. HTH
BlueMango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 11:20 AM   #16
aschrimp
Registered Users

I would try another suppository or a child's fleet enema (seen them but haven't used them, but my sister used to and says they work wonders). How long has it been since she's had a normal poop? If she's over a year old & eating solids, and it's approaching a week without a poop, with her as uncomfortable as you describe, I would say to get thee to the dr's before the weekend.

They might be able to jump start her there with a rectal exam or an enema and have her ALOT more comfortable. And then, follow it up with lots of fruit/fiber. At this point with her already terribly constipated, adding fiber is probably just bulking up the poop that is stuck behind the really hard stuff, and making her more uncomfortable.

BTW- rice is the only grain that is digested completely in the small intestine. It is famously good for intestinal ailments because of that. I doubt that the rice milk is causing the constipation.

Andrea - Mama to Lexy (9/7/05) & Serenity (3/14/09)! My Feedback: DS EBay
aschrimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 11:27 AM   #17
nothing_butt_cloth
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

No poop yet!!! I called the PED but dont know when they will call back. I may just go buy a peds emema, I had some here but i used it on my older dd a few weeks ago. I dont really like to use enemas or suppositories but i think i have too.
I think everyone in my family has bad bowel problems the last few weeks. between the stress of our baby dyinig, and planning funeral and moving and going down to one car, we have been not eating like we normally do. and our bodies must be in shock. i did give her Mineral oil last night and it did NOTHING!!

thanks for the tips mamas
Old 06-14-2006, 11:40 AM   #18
Kimmomy2dom
Mmmm Saucers eating chocolate
seller

Location: I'm halfway across the country, but weirdos have a way of teleporting!
My Mood:

I hope she can feel more comfortable soon! If an enema is what it takes to solve the problem, I'd probably do it too. Sorry the oil didn't work - maybe she's just too backed up for it to help. I really hope she's feeling better soon!
Kimmomy2dom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 11:49 AM   #19
nothing_butt_cloth
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

yeah, i think in need to unplug her on both ends... maybe after the bottom plug is realease the MOwill do its thing
Old 06-14-2006, 12:13 PM   #20
SandyG
Moderator at heart, but no longer moderator
The best way I know of to win an argument is to start by being in the right
seller

oh my goddnes poor her so sorry to hear that
SandyG is offline   Reply With Quote