Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 05-17-2012, 12:05 PM   #31
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Silky Cloth Diapering Mom?

I realize there are some super crunchies on here, but I lot of them really tend to hang out on

DSMOMS for 5% off at My Sweet Pickles! Freebies and good deals always going on!
Find us on Facebook!
Kabuki24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 12:15 PM   #32
Registered Users
My Mood:

Originally Posted by babylove921 View Post
I don't cloth diaper, I'm trying to breastfeed, I circ, I vaccinate, but I love to co-sleep and babywear.
You do know you are on a cloth diapering message board, right?
$$$ Opening an ING account? PM me for a referral code and you'll get $25 for free, just for opening! :thumbsup:
chimichanga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 12:18 PM   #33
Registered Users
My Mood:

i know people online that are not AP and not green. they do not care about the environment and only CD because they think they are cute or the like saving money.
Super crunchy, atheist, vegetarian, liberal WOH and student mama to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wesley 17, Seth 10, Pandora Moonlilly 6 and Nevermore Stargazer 3, married to my awesome sahd artist husband of 7 years
KaleidoscopeEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 12:48 PM   #34
Registered Users
My Mood:

You are not out of place. I do a lot of "crunchy" things but am far from it. Like other posters said. I am cheap. I CD b/c I don't like having to change trash bags out every few days. It's my way of helping "save the environment". I recycle most of the time. We use cloth napkins, cloth wipes, cloth diapers, cloth 'snot rags'...etc. We do not go so far as to use cloth feminine pads though. I had an epidural b/c I am a wimp. No doubt. DH suggested it b/c he knew (as well as I) that I wouldn't have made it without. I would have passed out or something. I do everytime I have excruciating pain. We circ'd our son. We vaccinate. He wore disposables until he was 4 months old and still does once in a while when we have a weekend visiting family. We garden and grow our own veggies b/c it's cheaper and I know what's in my veggies. I don't believe in organic...I've worked on an organic farm and they aren't alway true blue organic anyway so you never know what you are getting there. I made baby food AND I bought it. I formula fed b/c I went back to work and it was too hard for us and our situation. I SAH now. If I could start bfing again I would to save money. I "wear" my baby when I'm in the garden on my back or when we are on my in-laws farm...he also spends time in a stroller. Otherwise, I let him be free. We co-slept some for the first 2 months while I was bfing b/c it was easier to just pop it in while we were sleeping. After that DS slept in his own bed at night and when he got up for his early morning bottle, he stayed in our bed until DH had to get up for work (about 2-3 hours). Now he doesn't want to sleep with us...he wants to be in his crib. Don't feel bad Mama! You do what's best for your family and what you like. Be yourself!!

Also, the comment about we just don't put it in our siggy.... Exactly!
Danielle farmer's wife to Hubbs and SAHM to Roo (7/2011), Bird (11/2013) and Bug (3/2015) Trying for #4! I blog about our crazy life at:

Last edited by Dani_Phen; 05-17-2012 at 12:50 PM.
Dani_Phen is offline   Reply With Quote