Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-16-2012, 08:25 PM   #1
Teexie
Registered Users
seller

LOs and chiropractor...

Just took my 12 month old to the chiro for the first time today. She was very gentle but DD still cried after 2 of the adjustments. Wondering if this is normal? I heard nothing but "my LO loves the chiropractor!" so I was kind of disappointed. She assured me that my DD did very well, and DD was perfectly fine and smiling and happy shortly thereafter.

This chiro frequently adjusts children and babies, and I also see her for adjustments for myself, so I definitely trust her.

Advertisement

Teexie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 08:34 PM   #2
doulamomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

all three of my girls have home through phases where they don't like the chiro. lol they will go for a while and be fine and then a couple months thrill decide they don't like it and cry during adjustments, then the next time they love him again.
Old 05-16-2012, 08:42 PM   #3
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Re: LOs and chiropractor...

It has been awhile since we have taken the kids to the chiro. When my son was a toddler he would run around looking for the chiro as soon as we arrived at her office. If she didn't come out to pick him up and greet him he would try desperately to escape me to check in the exam rooms for her. He loved his trips to the chiropractors. She was one of his favorite persons.

Since moving we have not found someone we liked nearly as well so now we rarely go.
qsefthuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 08:47 PM   #4
meldo
Registered Users
seller
seller

Not meaning to hijack but what made you all take your LOs in the first place? It has never occurred to me that babies or children could need to see a chiropractor.

I'm typing on my iPhone, sorry.
Most likely nak!
meldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 09:05 PM   #5
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

A former boss took hers for everything like fevers ....but like something really bad the md. I go but my back sometimes is in really bad pain no pills will help.
abunchoflemons is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 09:46 PM   #6
mariamommy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by meldo
Not meaning to hijack but what made you all take your LOs in the first place? It has never occurred to me that babies or children could need to see a chiropractor.

Babies go through a lot of smashing during normal birth and especially a cesarean birth where they are yanked out by the head and the neck is pulled on hard. Its a very smart move to have them checked out by a chiro after birth to make sure everything settled correctly. Chiros are also big on prevention, if they can keep a kid healthy and aligned, they are less likely to have pain in the future.

Last edited by mariamommy; 05-16-2012 at 09:49 PM.
mariamommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 10:43 PM   #7
smashncakes
Registered Users
Formerly: bren***this
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by meldo View Post

ours all went right after being born...oldest because of a long delivery where he got stuck because of his position (sunny side up with his head tilted back, and his arm & hand wrapped around his head)...younger two because of super super fast deliveries (like, 6cm to baby out in less than 5 minutes with no pushing from me with both of them). Younger two actually didn't need adjusted, but the oldest definitely did. We also took the oldest and youngest occasionally for reflux & colic issues, it helped a LOT with the reflux issues.
Old 05-17-2012, 01:23 AM   #8
ecrawfor80
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My babies have always cried. Especially when it's a first adjustment because sometimes they are pretty "out of wack" and it can be sort of loud. I think it startles them which makes them cry more than it actually hurts. As you said, they are find soon afterwards and I've noticed big improvments in health and pooping (for constipated babies) from the chiro.
Elizabeth-Wife to my navy man Dan, Homeschooling, cloth diapering, baby wearing, breastfeeding, raw milk drinking, non-vaxing, no TV, co-sleeping mama to six beautiful blessings. (I didn't know I was crunchy until I wrote this siggy)
ecrawfor80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 04:08 AM   #9
Brooke789
Registered Users
seller
seller

Mine cried the first few visits. But after they got used it and used to the doctor they don't cry any more. He usually comes out into the waiting room and adjusts them while they watch tv.
Brooke789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 06:15 AM   #10
Maplecat
Registered Users
seller

My daughter was born by c-section and we took her to the chiro at six days old. We had been having a hard time with her latch and nursing. The chiro did some work on her cranium and all the feeding issues were resolved by the next day. I was pretty skeptical, but the change was amazing. My daughter slept through both appointments.
Maplecat is offline   Reply With Quote