Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-18-2012, 07:19 PM   #21
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: I want to get a pertussis booster...

I have never been offered booster vaccines? I am surprised to see all these moms offered vaccines in the hospital; I don't remember anything like that.

Advertisement

Old 05-18-2012, 09:46 PM   #22
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I got mine after delivery too. It was nice because it was part of my hospital admission, so it was essentially free (We'd hit the deductible long before that...)
My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 10:01 AM   #23
monimer
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I know this can be a touchy subject. I have done hundreds and hundreds of hours of research on vaccines over the last 12 years, gone to many seminars on the subject, and even talked to immunologists that used to make vaccines who now speak against them. They have never done any testing on the effects of vaccines on pregnant women. I would never get one while pregnant. Just because you are vaccinated does not mean you are immune from the disease. Outbreaks are occuring in highly vaccinated areas. What people don't know is that the vaccines are causing the viruses and bacteria to mutate. Now we are seeing more virulent strains of pertussis caused from the vaccine itself. The CDC even admits this. Their answer- let's give people another booster vaccine. It doesn't make any sense what so ever.
monimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 03:50 PM   #24
sunyflwr
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by monimer
I know this can be a touchy subject. I have done hundreds and hundreds of hours of research on vaccines over the last 12 years, gone to many seminars on the subject, and even talked to immunologists that used to make vaccines who now speak against them. They have never done any testing on the effects of vaccines on pregnant women. I would never get one while pregnant. Just because you are vaccinated does not mean you are immune from the disease. Outbreaks are occuring in highly vaccinated areas. What people don't know is that the vaccines are causing the viruses and bacteria to mutate. Now we are seeing more virulent strains of pertussis caused from the vaccine itself. The CDC even admits this. Their answer- let's give people another booster vaccine. It doesn't make any sense what so ever.
Do you have the article/site where the CDC admits that? I'd be curious to read it! Thanks!
sunyflwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 02:09 PM   #25
jesslfar
Registered Users
seller

Mine offers it just the pertussis for the 3rd trimester. We've got a 4 year old and live in an area with a huge outbreak because of people not vaccinating against it. I am really weighing my options. I had dh get it, and my 4 year old is up on it, but I really don't want any shots during pregnancy so I am holding off until right after birth. I plan on getting it like I did shots with DD right after so she would not get it from me but I didn't have to get it while pregnant. My OB said it is fine in the 3rd trimester but I'm scared.
Old 05-31-2012, 11:38 AM   #26
mgl
Registered Users
seller
seller

You may not be able to get it. When I was working on a mother/baby unit we were not to give it I'd you had gotten a tetanus in the previous two years. Just something you might want to check on.