Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-17-2012, 07:35 AM   #11
vatblack
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Saying "I Love You" regularly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by danner View Post
My daughter was about 2.5 ish when she started saying it. She was just 3 when she started saying it after she did something that she knew would make me angry. It was a pretty cute manipulation. Now at almost 4, she says it randomly like people do and doesn't use it like a tool anymore.
My DD is 2.5ish - closer to 3 - and she is doing the manipulating part of it now. it is so disarming! Now, if she gets in trouble I say: I love you but...

Advertisement

vatblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 08:47 AM   #12
brittbuceta
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My son is 21 months and he'll always come up to me, give me a kiss and say "I love you".
If I ask him he won't say it, he'll only do it on his own
brittbuceta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 09:07 AM   #13
MamaNae
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

DS2 is speech delayed (more or less on track now, graduated from ST but still semi-delayed) and he says "Ove me" after I say I love you LOL it cracks me up.
Renae. Helpmeet to my hottie hubby, Josh. Devoted Mama to my Wolf scout-bookworm-sports-a-holic James (7), my Daisy Scout Princess Aldria (5) and my 2 year old Tornado Emmett and [COLOR="Magenta"] and my tiny squish Cora Paige! (May 2013)
MamaNae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 09:26 AM   #14
Liadan23
Registered Users
seller

ds was probably about the same age as yours when he first started saying it. but i don't think he really got what it meant. he just got that it made me melt when he said it, so he launched right into the manipulation part of it (i feel he may be advanced in the manipulation department. i don't think i'm proud of it ) and whenever he did something bad, or i was trying to get him to do something he didn't want, he would just start repeating "i love you mommy! i love you!..." over and over trying to distract me. until i was forced to say something like "ok, i love you to. let's stop saying it now" ugh.

he's 2.5 now, and probably in the last couple of months he's started saying it spontaneously, and meaning it. he rarely responds when i say "i love you" to him though, unless prompted. and the manipulation has dropped off....some. is it bad that he says it to the dog multiple times a day but me only occasionally? he knows what it means though. it's always accompanied by hugs and kisses. i think though, even now, words don't have as strong a meaning to him as we as adults put on them. he says it, but it doesn't really encompass the totality of his deep feelings for me and the other important people in his life. i still think he mostly says it because it makes us happy. he shows HIS love by running screaming to greet me at the door when i get home from work, begging for "snuggles" and for me to pick him up and sit with him, or by wanting me to just spend time with him playing. and all those things, he's been doing since way before he could say "i love you"

Last edited by Liadan23; 05-17-2012 at 09:28 AM.
Liadan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 11:55 AM   #15
Kabuki24
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I do.. all the time! I can't help it I love him so much.
Old 05-17-2012, 12:13 PM   #16
JennTheMomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We say it several times a day, and the kids will say it usually once a day. They are 25 months and almost 5 years old.
JennTheMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 01:45 PM   #17
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:

oh golly, I'd just like to hear my 19month old DD say 'mommy' or atleast give me some sort of name - baba? gaga? something that refers to her mom?? please!

she says plenty of other things.. but will not vocalize anything for her mom.

The idea that she'd be saying 'I love you' in 2 more months seems crazy.
Old 05-17-2012, 01:48 PM   #18
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by vatblack View Post
My DD is 2.5ish - closer to 3 - and she is doing the manipulating part of it now. it is so disarming! Now, if she gets in trouble I say: I love you but...
she does this with 'hi'.

If she's getting in trouble or I have my stern face on, she'll look at me all sweet and say 'hi!' It's very disarming.

I'd give her anything in the world though if she'd just say 'mama'.
Old 05-17-2012, 02:01 PM   #19
Sylvie89
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendaRN View Post
My son is 2.5yrs old and he'll say it spontaneously now. I'm not entirely sure he knows what it means, because he was saying goodbye to the guy working on our basement and he told him he loved him Awkward.....
This cracked me up!!!!
Sylvie89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 05:54 PM   #20
BNC
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My 4 year old says it all the time. My 2.5 year old likes to say "I dont love you mommy" because she knows it upsets me. Then she screams "JUST JOKIN!" and runs away laughing.

Search with SwagBucks & earn gift cards!
ADORABLE WINTER HATS FSOT!
BNC is offline   Reply With Quote