Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-17-2012, 07:20 AM   #1
chandni3
Registered Users
seller

EC just for poop?

My baby is 6 months old (today ). I'm dreading the non-breastfed poop. Can EC be done for just poop? She usually poops in the morning and sometimes evening. Where do I start to research it? Should I get a potty? or one of those bumbo toilet seats?

Advertisement

https://www.etsy.com/shop/PumpkinsandMe
Montessori and Waldorf Inspired Toys
chandni3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 11:51 AM   #2
2DaneMama
Registered Users
seller

Re: EC just for poop?

You definitely can. You might want to just try holding your LO over the toilet in the morning or when you think she might need to go.

I do like our little potty by baby bjorn...it's the med. sized one with the removable insert (the smaller one was discontinued).
Mama to one sweet girl, 2 ginormous pups, and due 5/2015 w/#2

I need some NB BG AIOs. Love trades, or will buy.
2DaneMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 12:22 PM   #3
bb2011
Registered Users
seller

I started just poops and then ended up doing it part time cuz it got addicting. I found that it really helped, now that ds is 16 months, he's started telling me he has to (or has, loll) poo poo'd.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/UrbanSophis...ref=ss_profile

http://www.facebook.com/Urban.Sophisticated?ref=ts
bb2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 04:29 PM   #4
SeaChellsRun
Registered Users
Formerly: ChellySnow
seller
seller

My Mood:

If you're just doing poops and you know when she needs to go I highly suggest putting her on a little toilet set on the toilet. Non-BF poops in the bjorn are gross to clean!

DD1 1/09 *** DD2 4/12
SeaChellsRun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 07:15 AM   #5
bellaphira
Registered Users
seller

That is pretty much we do (all of it by accident). I started holding Bean over the potty a few times a day when she was just a week or so old. For me, it was easier to catch the poops than the pees, especially after she started eating more solids because she kind of poops on a schedule. It's SO nice to RARELY have to spray/swish a poopy diaper. The only times we have trouble with it is when she isn't feeling well (which is rare, thank goodness)
bellaphira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 01:41 PM   #6
mamma_z
Registered Users

We are just starting (or thinking about it) as well, and DS is 8 months.

SeaChells - Will one of the seats that sit on top of the toilet be OK for that age? I see that they are marketed towards toddlers, so I wondered if it would be too big or too high up. DS is just beginning to crawl, and I'm worried he'll just try to lunge off the seat.
mamma_z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 01:42 PM   #7
mamma_z
Registered Users

SeaChells - Will one of the seats that sit on top of the toilet be OK for that age? I see that they are marketed towards toddlers, so I wondered if it would be too big or too high up. DS is just beginning to crawl, and I'm worried he'll just try to lunge off the seat.
mamma_z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 04:18 PM   #8
SeaChellsRun
Registered Users
Formerly: ChellySnow
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamma_z View Post

Your DS will need to still be supervised on the seat, I'd sit on a stool next to the toilet. I have the bjorn potty seat for on the toilet and it has a small hole whereas the regular ones are a little larger and you may still have to old your DS.

DD1 1/09 *** DD2 4/12
SeaChellsRun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 08:34 AM   #9
JadeScarlet
Registered Users

I mostly just go for catching the poops. The look on DS's face is very obvious. I put him on the potty every morning and usually catch a poop. If he doesn't do anything, I watch his face closely while feeding him and usually he has one pretty soon.

Sometimes he'll surprise us and poop 3-4x a day though, then not do any the following day.

I put him on the potty at every diaper change to see if he will do anything, and in the afternoons I'll let him play diaperless to give him some air. I put a couple of waterproof pads and some prefold diapers on the floor.

Laundry is so much easier with poop-free diapers. Sometimes our soaking bucket stays empty for up to 2 weeks!
Old 05-25-2012, 08:53 AM   #10
farmermissy
Registered Users

My Mood:

IMHO poops are much easier to catch. I had an easier time reading his signs (grunting, staring off into space, moving his legs) Now that DS is 3 months, he goes on a more "regular" schedule so I offer him the potty when he wakes up in the am and after naps. The past few days his poos have slowed down (only 1-2 a day) but before that I was catching all poops in the potty. We did the sink thing until he was able to sit up assisted on the Ikea potty. His butt wasn't big enough until about 12 weeks!
farmermissy is offline   Reply With Quote