Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-17-2012, 09:27 AM   #1
kushie tushie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Potty training- help please

We have been dont a few hours of naked time a day for months now. Getting DS used to the potty.

On monday he fought me trying to take his diaper off but once it was off he got it. No accidents at all. He was peeing and pooping in the potty consistently. Hes been diaper free since doing perfect but everytime I try to put a trainer on him he pees in it. What should I do? I've tried reminding him but he freaks out. I dont need to remind him when hes naked he just runs to the potty and goes.

I have to go to work on Saturday and have to take him with me and I really dont want to put a diaper back on him. I will gladly take any suggestions

Amanda . Blaming my phone for typos and crap.

Advertisement

Amanda- wife to DH. Mama to W (2010), L (2011), H (2013) & expecting #4 Jan 2016
kushie tushie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 09:31 AM   #2
Fairycat
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Potty training- help please

Maybe try undies at home, and let him see the repercussions of getting wet. I know it is hard to deal with the messes, but if you calmly tell him, things like now your wet, and things, they start to get it better. Honestly it is not uncommon to do perfect naked then back slide in trainers, but they do get it
Fairycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 09:31 AM   #3
Fairycat
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

dp

Last edited by Fairycat; 05-17-2012 at 09:37 AM.
Old 05-17-2012, 09:56 AM   #4
KaleidoscopeEyes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

we leave the potty chair in the living room and gave dd's reminders to use it during the day. she never wears a diaper anymore. we make sure to give her lots of compliments for going. now she just goes when she needs to and we only ask her to go before we leave the house or ask if she needs to go when we are near a bathroom out in public.
Super crunchy, atheist, vegetarian, liberal WOH and student mama to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wesley 16, Seth 9, Pandora Moonlilly 5 and Nevermore Stargazer 2, married to my awesome sahd artist hubby and partner to my amazing writer/techy boyfriend
KaleidoscopeEyes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 10:03 AM   #5
Kendalls.Mommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I agree with the undies. My daughter would get so upset with herself when she had an accident that it only happened like twice. Also, personal choice, but are you using a rewards system? That was what did it in our household.

TTC #2 finally.
Kendalls.Mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 10:04 AM   #6
kushie tushie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
He does great diaper free. That's the thing. I don't have to remind him. He runs right to the potty (we have a bunch all over the house).

Yesterday and today he peed in the trainers or undies everything I put them on him.

I need to take him to work with me on Saturday and I don't want to put him in a diaper and he can't run around naked. I just want to know ways to help him not pee in the trainer. He gets mad when I remind him...we give him tons of praise when he goes
Amanda- wife to DH. Mama to W (2010), L (2011), H (2013) & expecting #4 Jan 2016
Old 05-17-2012, 10:05 AM   #7
kushie tushie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendalls.Mommy
I agree with the undies. My daughter would get so upset with herself when she had an accident that it only happened like twice. Also, personal choice, but are you using a rewards system? That was what did it in our household.
Lol. Mini chocolate chips.... I'm all for bribery
Old 05-17-2012, 10:13 AM   #8
Fairycat
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Expect the trainers or undies to get wet. But make a big thing about stopping whatever is happening, changing clothes, and let him know calmly to tell you next time, so he doesn't get wet. Let him see the cause and effect. Honestly, they tend to get it after a couple days of seeing that they have to deal with clothes, and clothes don't hold pee. If you are super worried about work get some waterproof trainers to protect his clothes, but he still feels the wet. This was the hardest part for us pt ds, but they do get it.
Old 05-17-2012, 10:17 AM   #9
kushie tushie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairycat
Expect the trainers or undies to get wet. But make a big thing about stopping whatever is happening, changing clothes, and let him know calmly to tell you next time, so he doesn't get wet. Let him see the cause and effect. Honestly, they tend to get it after a couple days of seeing that they have to deal with clothes, and clothes don't hold pee. If you are super worried about work get some waterproof trainers to protect his clothes, but he still feels the wet. This was the hardest part for us pt ds, but they do get it.
Thank. Maybe I'll put a cover over his trainers.
Old 05-17-2012, 11:09 AM   #10
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

We rewarded to use potty & cheered. It sounds corny & probsably is but after moving & kid rverted some reminding using potty is big thing was great.
abunchoflemons is online now   Reply With Quote