Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-17-2012, 01:52 PM   #1
Djrose
Registered Users
Formerly: Xains Mommy
seller
seller

My Mood:
38wks praying for a vbac But....

Ive had no progress down there and while I know that doesn't mean anything its still a tad worrisome. Also My dr who has been very VBAC supportive thus far said that I had to schedule a repeat c-section no later the June 5th which would put me at 40w6d...(which I haven't scheduled) My husband would prefer me to do a c section on a friday so all his time he is allowed off can be spent at home with me and the kids and not at the hospital since last time he was only able to stay home the 1st day I was home from the hospital. I'd like that (him being home with us) too but I still wait to give it as LONG as I can but despite my pleading to get Dr to wait til June 8th she wouldn't budge on the date.

I dont know if it matters but with DS I was 39w2d 3cm and 75% when I got induced (due to high blood pressure) but labor stopped at 8cm so apparently he just wasn't ready. I really want to do this all Natural. I hate the thought of another c-section. But I think I also have a mental brain block up because we still have SOOOO much to do before this baby gets here. WE are pretty much "moving" the whole family upstairs. Which hopefully will be done this weekend. So currently ALL of my babies things are washed but in boxes in a closet. What to do........

Advertisement

Djrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 06:51 PM   #2
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: 38wks praying for a vbac But....

I think even if I was a VBAC I'd want to try a gentle induction before skipping right to a repeat section.

But try not to worry right now you still have lots of time!
Old 05-17-2012, 08:25 PM   #3
mariamommy
Registered Users
seller

Why do doctors make it so stressful for VBAC mamas....ugh. I am sorry for the pressure. C-sections are just too convenient for them.

I hope you go into labor before then too, you have lots of time!
Old 05-18-2012, 04:24 AM   #4
tygr2410
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Just schedule it to keep the peace and then call the day before (if needed) and say you can't make it till Friday. Your doctor is not your best friend, you don't owe them anything, but courtesy of canceling in advance.

For what its worth, with ALL 3 of my previous births I was dilated 2-5cm by 39 weeks. With this baby-zero at 39w4d. She came on her own at 39w6d with no help induction wise
Old 05-18-2012, 10:36 AM   #5
Djrose
Registered Users
Formerly: Xains Mommy
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Just schedule it to keep the peace and then call the day before (if needed) and say you can't make it till Friday
That may be just what I do! Thanks... I tried calling and just talking to someone that schedules but she made me transfer to my drs personal nurse so she wouldnt do anything without talking to the dr... ggggrrrrrrr

Im half tempted to try to change drs. I know its super late but Im hoping if I do that Being as I haven't had ANY issues someone would take me..
Djrose is offline   Reply With Quote