Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-17-2012, 06:38 PM   #11
TwinKristi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Wow! I think I'm like the last person I would consider a frequent drinker! A glass of champagne on new year's, a mimosa at Sunday brunch and a jello shot on the 4th of July just make me a frequent drinker! LMAO! Seriously, I know people have a glass of wine a few times a week with dinner and I still wouldn't consider them frequent drinkers.

But to answer your question... Smoking in the car/house, heavy drinking in the house, lack of supervision, bigotry, racism, etc.

Advertisement

Old 05-17-2012, 07:19 PM   #12
cacasey1981
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaNae
What if there were an emergency? Would someone who had drank (even 1 beer is 1 beer too many to be driving IMO) be driving my child to the ER?
I'm not really to the point of letting my son go to a friends house but seriously - no one is driving my kid to the ER - call me and I'll decide what goes on from there. If they feel like they can't call me first call 911.
Wife to Brandon - my high school sweetheart (Oct 00), delaying vaccs as best we can and WOH parents to Trent (Nov 08) our intact, formerly ERF, slightly son and Lilly (May 12) our , maybe one day , and (for now) daughter (my hypnobaby).
cacasey1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 07:25 PM   #13
Arabesque
Registered Users

My Mood:
Apparently I'm a frequent drinker. I would never drive my kids anywhere even after one drink. I'd call an ambulance if I was home alone with them after having a drink. Although come to think of it, I've never had a drink while I was home alone with the kids. I'd also never have a drink while another child was over without their parents.
Old 05-17-2012, 07:26 PM   #14
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:
Smoking in the house/car/around my kids period.
Cursing in front of the kids. I'd like to say sex offenders but honestly, how would you know unless they've been caught? Recreational drinking in front of kids. Lack of supervision of kids.

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 07:51 PM   #15
Hands&Fire Pottery
Registered Users
Formerly: hello2000
seller

My Mood:
Re: S/o what are your 'dealbreakers'

Basically anyone who I could not trust to take care of my kids- for any reason.
Hands&Fire Pottery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 08:02 PM   #16
moms5angels
Registered Users
Formerly: moms4angels

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands&Fire Pottery View Post
Basically anyone who I could not trust to take care of my kids- for any reason.
this
Old 05-17-2012, 08:34 PM   #17
MamaNae
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I drink like...once a decade LOL...I haven't had a drop since I had 1 wine cooler in 2009...

I don't like drinking at all around kids and don't want my kids around it. Thankfully I'd be hard pressed to think of a friend I'd permit to keep my kids who drink ever...

In 2006 my great-grandma died...someone thought it would be a fantastic idea for all the grandkids (my dad's generation) to go hang out at Kelly's (a bar) and reminisce about Grandma. In this time my 2nd Cousin's 1 year old son spiked a huge fever, had a seizure and aspirated vomit into his lungs. He almost died. Thank God my husband and uncle were there (2 of my dad's brothers elected to skip the bar night)...my DH is an EMT and my uncle was a Fire fighter...they saved that baby's life. My great-aunt called an ambulance and it whisked him off to the hospital. A cop took my cousins to the hospital. They were so drunk they couldn't rely information to the doctor properly. The doctor didn't know if he had allergies or anything because the parents were too drunk to get it and the grandparents weren't 100% sure...they were 99.5% sure he didn't but they couldn't say for sure.

Ever since then I vowed no one would be around my kids if they'd had a drop to drink...It scares me too much.

I stayed at a friends house once and her parents were not heavy drinkers at all but they had a party or something...her mom stayed stone cold sober (she never was a drinker) but Dad got completely plastered...he behaving like an idiot...it was terrifying to my 9 year old self. His wife recorded his stupidity...he never ever drank in the presence of children again and felt horrible for it...
Renae. Helpmeet to my hottie hubby, Josh. Devoted Mama to my Wolf scout-bookworm-sports-a-holic James (7), my Daisy Scout Princess Aldria (5) and my 2 year old Tornado Emmett and [COLOR="Magenta"] and my tiny squish Cora Paige! (May 2013)

Last edited by MamaNae; 05-17-2012 at 08:37 PM.
MamaNae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 08:34 PM   #18
meeshkasheeba
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I don't want my child in a house that uses heavy drugs or smokes inside.
Old 05-17-2012, 08:44 PM   #19
TheGreenBee
Registered Users

My Mood:
Smoking inside or in the car is my main one. Lack of supervision and people who parent drastically differently than I do. Most of my kids friends have great parents who we like. Drinking casually is not a big deal. By definition of the OP I must be an alcoholic as I do enjoy a bottle of wine on the weekends. Sometimes I will have a glass during the week too. My husband probably drinks 6-10 beers a week and will share a bottle of wine with me on a Friday or Saturday night. I definitely do not consider us heavy drinkers. When I drink wine I have a glass maybe two at most. A bottle will last me two or three nights or one night of DH shares with me.
Old 05-17-2012, 09:19 PM   #20
MamaNae
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

LOL...it's funny how upbringing colors your views.

My parents never drank...maybe one or two on New Years or 4th of July but even that was very rare. My parents mostly drink Pepsi, tea or Mountain Dew. I can count on my fingers the number of times my parents drank in my whole childhood...at least in my presence, who knows maybe they binge drank when my brother and I stayed with our grandparents LOL (I doubt it) My dad was a drug addict...but he never drank LOL

I think since I was never exposed to it, and DH and I choose not to drink...it just isn't something I'm used to or comfortable around.
Renae. Helpmeet to my hottie hubby, Josh. Devoted Mama to my Wolf scout-bookworm-sports-a-holic James (7), my Daisy Scout Princess Aldria (5) and my 2 year old Tornado Emmett and [COLOR="Magenta"] and my tiny squish Cora Paige! (May 2013)
MamaNae is offline   Reply With Quote