Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-18-2012, 09:19 AM   #11
jwjbbrown
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
You are a patient woman Janine. I would have considered just leaving by now. How frustrating.

Advertisement

jwjbbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 09:24 AM   #12
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Basically TGoodnessIFriday!

Morning mamas. I am still down for the count with whatever Ian has. It's sneaky, you sit or lay and feel fine, then you try to get up and do something and abdominal cramps from hell. And the afterburn is torture. I just need to get through this day, he was only sick two days.

We have some electricians here fixing stupid little things in the house. Like why does the upstairs light flicker when it's off, why does only one plug for the washer/dryer work, why does there appear to be no power running to the family room light fixture, etc. Being a 50yo house that has obviously had some changes in the wiring department, some suspect, they have their hands full. Then they keep pointing out stuff (hey, the wiring to your HVAC is original and frayed, do you really want to plug your freezer in the same outlet as your washer/dryer, etc) so they might be here all day.
Old 05-18-2012, 09:28 AM   #13
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Dali, Ginger was also a big baby. It was so frustrating, trying to get medical people to treat her severe reflux, torticolis, and plageocephaly seriously (and they were all medically necessary to be treated, not just for convenience), because they were normally used to little kids that failed to thrive having those problems, let alone have all three at the extent she did. She self-medicated by basically nursing ALL the time and just grew huge.

I agree with Jen, Janine, I would be inclined for an early release, LOL. But I guess it is fairly serious surgery for an adult.
Old 05-18-2012, 10:25 AM   #14
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
Formerly: whitehologram
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwjbbrown
You are a patient woman Janine. I would have considered just leaving by now. How frustrating.
I'm too scared to leave. They talk about bleeding like it's really very likely to happen. I love my kids too much to risk dying.

Sent from my SG-S2 using DS Forum... Currently in hospital, drugged up after getting my tonsils out. My posts may reflect that.
Old 05-18-2012, 10:31 AM   #15
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherylchoo
I agree with Jen, Janine, I would be inclined for an early release, LOL. But I guess it is fairly serious surgery for an adult.
I'm talked to a guy here last week, when I came for the pre operation check up, that did bleed and he really looked terrible just thinking about it again. He nearly died. He said the blood was spurting out of his throat and it was a close thing.

He only made it through it because he was here and they operated straight away.

Sent from my SG-S2 using DS Forum... Currently in hospital, drugged up after getting my tonsils out. My posts may reflect that.
Old 05-18-2012, 11:28 AM   #16
yaylucy
Registered Users
seller

Location: I live in Arlington, Texas, but travel for work. Currently located in Morgantown WV
My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~whitehologram~ View Post
I'm talked to a guy here last week, when I came for the pre operation check up, that did bleed and he really looked terrible just thinking about it again. He nearly died. He said the blood was spurting out of his throat and it was a close thing.

He only made it through it because he was here and they operated straight away.

That sounds terrible.
What a horror story! I'm sure that's definitely something to prod you into staying at the hospital... I would have such a hard time staying, but I'd feel so compelled after hearing about that

I really just hate hospitals.

I'm glad Dali is a big girl...I really hate onesies with the snap underneath, so it's good there are t-shirts that fit her.
Old 05-18-2012, 11:29 AM   #17
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

See, I'd be worried about that too Janine. Best to stay put, keep the headphones on and have H bring you some decaf tea LOL.

Oh, the wiring here is a mess. They will be here all day. Just as well, I guess, since I can't go anywhere. Just sent DH to get immodium. Ugh.
Old 05-18-2012, 11:34 AM   #18
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherylchoo
See, I'd be worried about that too Janine. Best to stay put, keep the headphones on and have H bring you some decaf tea LOL.

Oh, the wiring here is a mess. They will be here all day. Just as well, I guess, since I can't go anywhere. Just sent DH to get immodium. Ugh.
I'm will Cheryl

I'm sorry you're not well. I hope it passes quickly.... I'm loving all the house photos.

Old 05-18-2012, 11:38 AM   #19
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I've had no visitors today at all. The kids had school so no one came to see me.

I'm drinking volvic still water. I'd love a cup of tea though. And a bath! I've been having strip washes but that's no fun.

Old 05-18-2012, 12:01 PM   #20
jacksmommy1
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
What's volvic water