Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-20-2012, 05:14 PM   #11
beccatown
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Little vent about constant comments at work

People do say all kinds of crazy stuff, but I think most of them mean well. I suppose if they didn't care they wouldn't say anything at all.

Advertisement

Lane Louise Grace born 04/05/2011
beccatown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 08:34 AM   #12
fgg
Registered Users
seller
seller

I got really tired of comments too when I was pregnant, too. I was at the farmer's market one day (probably about 7 months along), and one of the "farmers" said "You aren't going to have that baby right now are you? I don't have my catcher's mitt!". Months later I wished that I had thought to say "Oh my!!! I think I really am going to have her now!!" and try to scare the heck out of him. No one said much annoying when I was pregnant this time, which was too bad, because I was ready to try to turn the joke on them. Maybe you can have a little fun with them?

The thing that really helped me at the time was that my midwife reminded me that in just a few more weeks no one would pay any attention to me or my body anymore, and just tell me how adorable my baby was.

Good luck, mama.
fgg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 09:29 PM   #13
remrath
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

coworker: You're still here?
you: You're still asking that?
Wife to Nick, 10 years now. Mom to Lydia (c/s) 6/6/07, Arwen (HBAC) 6/3/09, Silas (HBAC) 7/2/12 and Archer HBAC 10/15/14. Jesus loving, CDing, BFing, non vaxing , homeschooling SAHM who loves my new community is Spring Hill, TN
remrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 12:15 PM   #14
Liadan23
Registered Users
seller

ugh....it just gets worse. my due date was sunday. i left work friday to a round of applause (puh-lease) and everyone wishing me good luck on having the baby, since, you know, your due date is like a magical day when the baby just pops out without fail.

aaaannnndd.......here i am. walked back in to another round of applause and everyone being like "omg! you came! where's the baby?!?" still in my very large belly people. but thanks. everytime i get up from my desk to pee, SOMEONE in my near vicinity goes "omg! is it time! do you need help!" nope. just peeing. i know they mean well, but i'm on the edge....
Liadan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 06:04 AM   #15
jlsquire0324
Registered Users

I'm trying really hard not to share the actual due date this time.. It doesn't really matter except to my doctors, and I wanted to smack a lot of people last time. DD was 10 days late... Hopefully better success this time around
jlsquire0324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 11:28 AM   #16
darci
Registered Users
seller

Why do people have to be so obnoxious to pregnant women? I got tired of my coworkers talking about what if I had the baby at work, and giving me really strange advice about what to do if that happened. You expect me to cut the cord with WHAT!? And the people asking me if I was having twins! Ugh! And the belly touching!!! All the people who I didn't mind touching my belly were smart enough to ask first. I soo backed away from DH's Aunt who acted like I must have been public property. I wish I had thought of something clever to say. Then there was my Dad calling all the time, lol, I wonder how nervous he would have been if I went all the way to my guess date.
darci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 09:59 AM   #17
mom2corag
Registered Users
seller
seller

The ridiculous comments people think are appropriate because you're pregnant! I got plenty of the "I can't believe you haven't had the baby yet, you're huge!" and "You look really tired, you should sleep now because once that baby comes you will not sleep ever again". Really? I felt like responding "you look fat and tired, at least I'm pregnant, what's your excuse?"
Old 06-12-2012, 02:01 PM   #18
pottermomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I'm with you! I walk at least once a day if not twice (morning and evening normally) and don't get why people think that I should stop or I might hurt myself. It isn't like I'm running! If it gets painful (cramp or something) I slow down and am fine!

And if one more person tells me to tell my son he needs to come out or why isn't he here yet I'm going to scream! I'm only two days late and people won't stop badgering me for Weeks now. Honestly, if I haven't texted/called/posted that I'm in labor than nothing is going on! Asking for updates doesn't do anything but piss me off repeatedly stating that their are no updates! Especially when I say I'll update if something changes.

Sorry didn't mean to steal your rant.
pottermomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 02:11 PM   #19
Michelle_M
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

When I was pregnant with DS3, I kept getting Facebook messages from my MIL... "So do we have a baby yet?" ... "Any baby yet?" .... "Are you still pregnant."

I told my DH that if she asked one more time I WOULD find a way to punch her through the computer.

1. What's this " do WE have a baby yet?" Lady, here is no "WE" where you are concerned.. the WE is my husband and I.

2. Yeah, I had the baby a week ago, I just forgot to tell you *eyeroll*

3. And What the heck.. it wasn't even my due date yet!

And right now I'm just past 25 weeks. My baby is due Sept 23rd and I'm tired of being told "You're not going to make it to September." Why thank you for "rooting" for my baby to be a preemie! (Addressed in a post on the general pregnancy board, LOL).

All that to say.. yah... people are annoying sometimes.

God bless!

Send a custom greeting card from Just Because Stationery!Because you don't need a reason to show you care. Caring is reason enough!!!
Michelle_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 02:13 PM   #20
Michelle_M
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

And seriously.. I agree with some of you... why is it, that as soon as your pregnancy starts showing, do people think that the social rules no longer apply?

I think if a stranger comes up to me and just grabs my belly I'm going to start rubbing theirs. Then when they give me a weird look say "What? You did it to me first, I thought it was the new way to say hello.. you know, a new handshake."

God bless!

Send a custom greeting card from Just Because Stationery!Because you don't need a reason to show you care. Caring is reason enough!!!
Michelle_M is offline   Reply With Quote