Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-18-2012, 03:53 PM   #1
AleahDeann
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Syler Lennox is here :)

Syler Lennox made his way into this world on May 16th 2012, his due date He was born at 2:17pm, 7 pounds 3 ounces. 19 inches long.

Quick birth story:

Tuesday night, early labor, contractions regular every 15 ish min apart, but not uncomfortable, I knew it was coming though. I slept tuesday ok, waking up about once an hour to a contraction. Wednesday morning contractions were gone, so went for a walk, contractions came back during walk, a little stronger but still 10-15 min apart.

After walk contractions ended for about an hour, then I started having nice strong contractions, this was at about 11:30am. Although they were strong contractions they were sporadic, no consistency and coming randomly.I let them go on like this for 1.5 hours, only having about 6 of these really strong, heavy contractions, Then I waited an additional half hour where I had 3 Super intense contractions and I decided it was time to go to the hossy and see what they say.

Our drive is about 15 min, I had 2 more of these intense contractions on our way to hossy. When we arrived they checked me and I was at 9 cm, 100% effaced, and they started freaking out. My midwife was on her way, but was about 15 min out. This was 2 pm. They transfered me to a room, on the way I had 2 more contractions, I could feel he was there and wanted out, I am sure I scared every mom there as I was going down the hall with some pretty loud birthing sounds. Once into my room, I had 2 more contractions, my water broke, they checked me again I was at a 10 and he was there just waiting for a push. i got on the bed on my hands and knees and waited, I wanted my mid wife, she walked in at about 2:15, gowned and gloved up, let me know she was there, I told her great because he was coming, I contracted, pushed and his head was out, cord around his neck but not tight, I told her the rest of him was coming and I pushed again, i couldnt even wait for another contraction. Out he came right into my husbands hands at 2:17 pm, the cord was wrapped around both arms like a back pack.

They passed him up under me, I rolled onto my back and he was beautiful, on my chest, sweet little baby. I was over joyed with his presence. With the next contraction I delivered the placenta and we were done. Amazing!!!

I chalked this up to be a 2 hour 47 min labor/birth. Next time I will be headed to the hossy a little sooner. Just to be sure we dont end up delivering in the car.

And some cloth diaper goodness. Just some of my own covers a premie and an XS, both with a premie prefold trifolded inside.

Premie cover

XS cover

Advertisement

Old 05-18-2012, 04:05 PM   #2
247mom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Syler Lennox is here :)

Congratulations!! Beautiful baby and great story, Mama!!
247mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 04:07 PM   #3
just1more
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Congrats, what hospital did you deliver at ? SWWMC or Salmon Creek ?
Old 05-18-2012, 05:48 PM   #4
B+EBabyDipes
Registered Users
seller

Congrats!!!! So cute
B+EBabyDipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 07:05 PM   #5
CutiePatootiesMama
Registered Users
seller

Oh my goodness he is so cute! Congratulations!!
CutiePatootiesMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 08:35 PM   #6
mariamommy
Registered Users
seller

right on the due date, that's amazing! Congrats. He's a cutie!
Old 05-19-2012, 06:14 PM   #7
mommieofpees
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Congrats!! What an awesome birth!
Old 05-19-2012, 10:41 PM   #8
AleahDeann
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by just1more View Post
Congrats, what hospital did you deliver at ? SWWMC or Salmon Creek ?
SWWMC They were great to me (minus the one nurse who wanted to start my IV port) I was even able to go home after just 24 hours. So nice. Huge birth rooms and they dont move you, so you stay in one room the whole time.