Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-03-2012, 07:16 PM   #21
myall4him2
Loving Touch Wet Bags
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Vasectomy - anyone's partner have bad side effects?

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one out there with these concerns! I'm DONE having babies after this pregnancy. I'm just too mean, sore and grumpy. My body is tired (this is child #5), but I definitely don't want to put dh at risk. He's always of the mindset "nothing will happen to me", but that's not always the case, ya know?

Advertisement

myall4him2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 05:10 AM   #22
passthepickles
Registered Users
Formerly: shannbannan
seller

My Mood:

Sorry! I just saw this! We did go back for the check up, but his count was <200,000. They offered him a "touch up" which may or may not have improved the results but said we were very unlikely to get pregnant from a count that low. My husbands BFF has a low count like that and they have been struggling to get pregnant for years. They resorted to IVF and still can't get pregnant. We felt pretty assured it was not going to happen and knew it wouldn't be the end of the world if it DID happen. He (like probably most men would!) figured he had suffered through the surgery once and wasn't going to do it again if it might not even help, so we didn't bother. I know 3 other people who have had similar results with the newer procedure. We had tried for over three years to have my daughter without success, so in the end, it was purely faulty resigning on our part to assume it was an impossibility. Nothing is foolproof to sufficiently talented fools.
Old 06-08-2012, 05:47 AM   #23
jbug_4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

DH had his feb. He had a small infection on one side and he still gets little pains here and there. We're only 4 months out, but he hasn't had any real issues. He also hasn't turned in his 2 month sample for testing yet so we don't know what he is shooting right now.
Old 06-08-2012, 06:17 AM   #24
MDever
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We were all set to have DH have one and even went in for the consultation and had it scheduled. Turns out I was already expecting Poppy and we are THRILLED to have her. Close family that new we were planning on him having it done keep asking when we will do it but as I have done more research I chickened out. The chronic pain thing sounds awful. I am happy to get a copper IUD and we will worry about it in 10 years kwim?
Old 06-08-2012, 10:32 PM   #25
2much2luv
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDever View Post
We were all set to have DH have one and even went in for the consultation and had it scheduled. Turns out I was already expecting Poppy and we are THRILLED to have her. Close family that new we were planning on him having it done keep asking when we will do it but as I have done more research I chickened out. The chronic pain thing sounds awful. I am happy to get a copper IUD and we will worry about it in 10 years kwim?
That's where I am pretty much. The IUD is the perfect thing for us right now, and possibly forever.
2much2luv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 12:39 AM   #26
wildsissy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I was coming on here to discuss this.. My husband had his vasectomy in January.. he was just cleared last week. We both noticed a big difference in his ejaculation right away. There is like half the amount or maybe less, it doesn't spray out. Now just last night he finally told me that he has an almost total loss of sensation and hasn't had a "good feeling" orgasim since the surgery. I just googled "loss of sensation after vasectomy" and this seems to be VERY common. Before the surgery I was worried about increased cancer rates and found that to be untrue (or so my research on line and the dr said).... never did I even imagine this to be a side effect.
wildsissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 02:25 AM   #27
ExpatMama1990
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsissy
I was coming on here to discuss this.. My husband had his vasectomy in January.. he was just cleared last week. We both noticed a big difference in his ejaculation right away. There is like half the amount or maybe less, it doesn't spray out. Now just last night he finally told me that he has an almost total loss of sensation and hasn't had a "good feeling" orgasim since the surgery. I just googled "loss of sensation after vasectomy" and this seems to be VERY common. Before the surgery I was worried about increased cancer rates and found that to be untrue (or so my research on line and the dr said).... never did I even imagine this to be a side effect.
Oh gosh! That's awful! I hope it's an issue that will resolve itself!

I am really not too excited about getting an IUD, but after some of the comments here and the research I have done, for one DH is scared still and I just don't feel comfortable putting him at risk, but I will probably end up getting an IUD.

Thank you for the helpful replies!
Old 07-08-2012, 05:23 AM   #28
tygr2410
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My DH had his done june 29th...so 10 days ago. He's had normal pain and a tad but of swelling. We haven't dtd yet and I don't know if he's "flying solo" in that area to notice if things feel different. He's been a jerk lately though so idk if it'll be any time soon
Old 07-10-2012, 11:43 AM   #29
ma-meem
Registered Users
Formerly: ecoMama2b
seller

I've read a lot of bad things...and also from friends who's dh's had it done that had terrible chronic on-going pain issues...that's why he's not getting it done (even if it IS rare). We're sticking with fam I think
Old 07-12-2012, 12:29 AM   #30
wildsissy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tygr2410 View Post
My DH had his done june 29th...so 10 days ago. He's had normal pain and a tad but of swelling. We haven't dtd yet and I don't know if he's "flying solo" in that area to notice if things feel different. He's been a jerk lately though so idk if it'll be any time soon
well.. the odd thing about my situation is that after the surgery we did not dtd for the time the dr said he couldn't. After that time things were AMAZING... still using condoms but probably better sex than we have had in our entire 16 year relationship.. things started going bad around the time that his counts finally started dropping (he had to be tested 4 times before he was finally "cleared", not sure how common or uncommon that is?). It just progressively got worse. He was cleared and we tried to "celebrate" a few times and I thought he was having a good time and I was not able to reach O at all.. when I finally said "something's off" to him is when he told me what was off with him.
wildsissy is offline   Reply With Quote