Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-19-2012, 06:48 PM   #1
BabyCentric
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Bad habits

DS is starting to get some bad nursing habits. He is almost 10 mos and he's gotten to that stage where he pulls my clothes off whenever I hold him. He also likes to twist my nipple once he's done and gnaw on it sometimes (luckily he has no teeth). How do I teach him not to do these things. It hurts, but I have a hard time being mad at him because boobies make him so stinkin' happy! He smiles and hums and pats them, and lays his head on them. However, all of these things can be painful/annoying. Help?

Advertisement

Old 05-19-2012, 07:43 PM   #2
kelpie169
Registered Users
seller

My son did the same thing. I very firmly would tell him no and restrict access to the boob for a mi ute or two. He'd be mad and cry, but he wouldn't repeat the behavior when I let him back on. An he definitely had teeth at that point too....major MAJOR ouch.
kelpie169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 07:52 PM   #3
Teexie
Registered Users
seller

I agree with telling him no and setting him down for a bit. Then offer again, and of he does it again, all done! DD always giggles when I tell her no...but I guess that's better than crying when I set her down
Teexie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 10:46 AM   #4
GodLover
Registered Users
seller

Re: Bad habits

I'm sorry I had to giggle cause my 5 month old is starting to squeeze and "play" while nursing.
I too am learning to say NO
GodLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 12:14 PM   #5
kelpie169
Registered Users
seller

My husband remindedme of somethin. I made some teething/nursing necklaces when my son started that and it helped alot. Not entirely but something's better than nothing.
kelpie169 is offline   Reply With Quote