Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 05-16-2012, 11:12 AM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
does this sound like light duty

to you?
I went back to work part time on Monday I had an abdominal hysterectomy 3 weeks ago and I work in a child care center ages newborn to 2 yrs. anyway I'm in the 0-6 mth old class the youngest baby is less than 2 weeks from 4 mths old. the oldest is actually 8 mths but getting ready to leave so his mom does not want him moved to another class. anyway Monday and Tuesday then whole time I was there I rocked,feed,changed,played,sang,danced,laid on the carpet with them,bounced them etc while the other 2 played on their cell phones,ran in and out of the room looking for snacks for themselves,etc
we had 4 babies and 3 teachers. but after I got there of course it was mostly me and 4 babies. of course out of the 3 of us I'm the only one allowed to be left alone with them since I've had SIDS training,etc.
Don't get me wrong I love "my" babies and don't mind doing the things I did normally but I'm still recovering a bit and get tired easier right now.
I guess I'm venting or maybe I want validation who knows.

Sharon,mom 2 Kaitlyn 19,Tayler 17,Anna 9,wife 2 James 4 yr old lead Teacher at a childcare center.
kattayanna_mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 02:58 PM   #2
Registered Users
Re: does this sound like light duty

That sound ridiculous if they are not stepping up to take some of the load off you, though as I parent I might be glad you're back.
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 06:38 AM   #3
Registered Users
Formerly: mommy2wyatt
My Mood:

I'd be talking to someone if they weren't doing their job. But I know thats hard too. Maybe they don't realize your on light duty and what you can/cannot do?
Denise, building a life with B my farmer, Mom to L 09.2006, W 12.2006, A 04.2013, and B 09.2014 and one angel 10.24.2013
MrsCrafty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 01:13 PM   #4
Registered Users
My Mood:

I would be talking to your need to be taking it easy
Mommy to Emma 10-11-2008 and Madeline 7-24-2010
Join me at CROWDTAP
jenbengtson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 03:25 PM   #5
Registered Users
My Mood:

I would be talking to someone and not because you are on light duty. But because they are not doing our job. Both daycare's we use (one full time in the school year and one part time in the summer) have a no cell phone policy for employees. If employees are using their phones other than their break time they can get fired, and it has happened before. I'd be complaining for sure. They shouldn't be leaving you to care for 4 babies while they do not much. Do you guys have a camera on the room (we do again at both places) and it's linked to a password protected website so parents can look in on what's happening. If you have something like that, maybe a supervisor needs to be checking in with out anyone realizing.
hand spinning, soap making, sheep raising wife to my hardworking and FT WOHM to my 'lil & 6 angels in heaven & our rainbow baby that joined us safely this summer!
ISO: Formula Checks- if you have some you won't use we would love to have them!
NB Diapers for sale:
slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 04:24 PM   #6
Registered Users
My Mood:

I agree with everyone else.. that's rediculous. These other 2 employees need to step up and do their jobs. I would go to your director ASAP.. even if you weren't on light duty they should be actually working not worrying about themselves.

To me, what you were responsible for sounds like your regular role.. not light duty. I'm honestly surprised your even at work 3 weeks after a hysterectomy.. you certainly shouldn't be expected to carry the brunt of the workload right now and it sounds as though you are. Take it easy mama! When my mother had her hysterectomy 17 years ago, she was a childcare provider and she was instructed to take a full 6 weeks off before returning to work.
Mama to 4 Mini Humans Creature 1 (7), Creature 2 (7), Creature 3 (5), and Creature 4 (3)
LunaBirch is offline   Reply With Quote