Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-22-2012, 01:28 PM   #21
SeaChellsRun
Registered Users
Formerly: ChellySnow
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Home birth mamas

Prepare meals ahead of time. DH kept saying it was no big deal he can make food blah blah blah. Um... Nope. AGAIN I was hungry all.the.time. So next time I will be buying and hiding snacks for the first week pp so I don't have to continually bug dh.

We had a doula with dd1 and she took some video and pics of the labor which was awesome. They're no way professional but I love that I have something to look back on. The 2nd mw for dd2 took some pictures but I really wish someone was videotaping or there just for pictures as dd2 was breech and I'd love to be able to share some pictures of that experience.

We didn't have anyone to watch dd1 during the birth and thank God it happened while she was sleeping as I'm pretty sure she would've been freaking out and I needed my DH and quiet.

Advertisement

DD1 1/09 *** DD2 4/12
SeaChellsRun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 04:28 PM   #22
JennTheMomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

The video camera on
JennTheMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 11:43 PM   #23
2much2luv
Registered Users
seller
seller

Pictures! It makes me cry a little when I think about how few pictures there are. I wish I had asked one of the midwife's assistants and/or our babysitting friend to take tons of pictures. I had planned to but it just got overlooked. Pictures. And maybe even a little video.

More towels. We used a lot more towels than I thought we'd need.

That's about it!
2much2luv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 03:12 PM   #24
strongwoman
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

This time around I will definitely have someone to take care of my two little ones. That way my hubby can be with me throughout the labor and delivery without having to manage the little ones. Also, going to have a water birth for the first time. We're using our regular bath tub. Hopefully there will be enough room for my midwife and hubby to be in the bathroom with me. We'll see!
strongwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 07:46 PM   #25
lilly12
Registered Users
seller

Nothing!

I am truly blessed to have had an amazing midwife and husband.
They cleaned up everything for us afterwards , too.
During labor I barely ate, I didn't feel like it.
lilly12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 08:07 PM   #26
chameleon607
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I would have clarified to my mother that I needed her to be "me" in the house for a few days after the birth and been much more specific with my hopes/expectations- I thought I had, but apparently not. She was here for my first 3 hospital births and took care of my kiddos with me out of the house. I guess I thought that she would do the same and given me a couple of days of complete rest. I wanted to bond with my baby and my husband- not have to decide meals and still manage our 3 other kids. My husband wanted to have a couple of days "off" too, but he felt like he was taking care of me, the kids, and houseguests as well... We really would have felt better if they weren't here- then we would have operated as our family- and not had any other hopes/expectations of any other help.
(Man, that sounds really ungrateful...I don't mean it to be!!)
Old 06-25-2012, 08:13 PM   #27
solarbabies
Registered Users
Formerly: ja***nes
seller

My Mood:

nothing that I can think of. I LOVED my hb experience with both of my kiddos. I had 2 different midwives and both were awesome!
Old 06-25-2012, 08:20 PM   #28
erin_c_odonnell
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Almost all of the first page posts

We just did our second homebirth in Jan and I did manage to make sure dh was in the know where supplies were.

We did meals in advance but if we get another chance DEFINETELY more snacks AND gift cards for fast foods (dh and mil do NOT cook!)

I like some of the ideas of having someone hired to come clean. My house was insanely messy and it stressed me out way too much. I did tell mil and dh this time OVER and OVER before I went into labor I would NOT be cooking for 2 weeks after birth. Yea- day 3 I was cooking all the meals
Old 06-25-2012, 08:21 PM   #29
erin_c_odonnell
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh and more pics!
Old 06-25-2012, 08:45 PM   #30
sh0rtchica
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I blew up my tub too far in advance and filled it 24 hours before I actually needed it, so I wish I'd sprung for one with a heater! I was only in it for an hour and a half, but by that time the water had cooled enough (even with the heat cover) that baby and I were both pretty chilly after the birth. Took us a while to get warmed up. Oh and I had no Gatorade on hand. That would have been awesome.
sh0rtchica is offline   Reply With Quote