Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-22-2012, 11:04 PM   #1
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
Formerly: whitehologram
seller

My Mood:
Basically it's woolly Wednesday!!!

Advertisement

Old 05-22-2012, 11:15 PM   #2
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Basically it's woolly Wednesday!!!

What is it about men that they have to take a perfected morning routine (that has 4 kids up, dressed, medicated, washed and ready to leave in 40 minutes max) and mess it up so badly that the kids are running around screaming and no one is ready??! The kids didn't even have a clue as to what they were meant to be doing.

It's not like he doesn't know the routine....it's just that he has to rebel and do everything differently. He has to do it his way even if it's the longer way and it messes up everyone around him....He doesn't care.

It's like on Monday I wanted to stop off at the pet shop on the way home from Aldi. I know the shortest way from my Aldi and told him that this is the shortest way and where to turn but he wouldn't...he had to go a different way...that was longer. He just winds me up SO MUCH!!!
Old 05-23-2012, 12:37 AM   #3
maman08
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~whitehologram~ View Post
Does anyone know of anything my brother really has to see while he's in Virginia?
If he's in Fairfax that's close to DC, how long is he there? If he's there over a weekend he should totally go into the city and walk around the National Mall/Reflecting Pool area, he can see the Lincoln and Jefferson Memorials, the Washington Monument, the Vietnam Wall, the World War II Memorial, and a ton of other iconic DC stuff all in the same area. I don't know how close to the metro he is in Fairfax, but it may be easier to take the metro in (I think the Smithsonian stop on the blue line is the closest to the mall but I can't totally remember) than to try to find parking in the city. The Smithsonian museums are mostly close by and admission is free.

For eating in the city, it's a little bit of a cliche but I've always loved Old Ebbitt Grill. Chinatown also has some good places to eat although it's not nearly as big as Chinatown in New York or San Francisco.

If he doesn't want to go into the city, there's stuff out in Fairfax county as well. Mount Vernon (George Washington's home) is a beautiful place to spend a couple of hours. If he's into aeronautics, the Udvar-Hazy Museum is loads of fun, tons of planes and even a space shuttle as I recall.

I'm glad we're not living there now, but I do miss visiting DC. I think Tif lives in the area, she might have a better idea of how things are now. I haven't been in DC for a couple of years now and haven't lived there permanently since 2008.

maman08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 12:44 AM   #4
maman08
Registered Users
seller

on the rough morning, Janine.

S is back in school after two days home with pinkeye. Thankfully no one else seems to have caught it. These past two days have made me seriously anxious about this summer, S and N were into all kinds of trouble and driving each other crazy, and that was without me being tied down with a nursing infant. DH will take 3-4 weeks off and my parents were supposed to come for a couple of weeks when he has to go back to work, but now my dad may need additional surgery on his knee soon so who knows if that will happen. I feel like there's going to be an awful lot of and and and and .

maman08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 01:15 AM   #5
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by maman08 View Post
If he's in Fairfax that's close to DC, how long is he there? If he's there over a weekend he should totally go into the city and walk around the National Mall/Reflecting Pool area, he can see the Lincoln and Jefferson Memorials, the Washington Monument, the Vietnam Wall, the World War II Memorial, and a ton of other iconic DC stuff all in the same area. I don't know how close to the metro he is in Fairfax, but it may be easier to take the metro in (I think the Smithsonian stop on the blue line is the closest to the mall but I can't totally remember) than to try to find parking in the city. The Smithsonian museums are mostly close by and admission is free.

For eating in the city, it's a little bit of a cliche but I've always loved Old Ebbitt Grill. Chinatown also has some good places to eat although it's not nearly as big as Chinatown in New York or San Francisco.

If he doesn't want to go into the city, there's stuff out in Fairfax county as well. Mount Vernon (George Washington's home) is a beautiful place to spend a couple of hours. If he's into aeronautics, the Udvar-Hazy Museum is loads of fun, tons of planes and even a space shuttle as I recall.

I'm glad we're not living there now, but I do miss visiting DC. I think Tif lives in the area, she might have a better idea of how things are now. I haven't been in DC for a couple of years now and haven't lived there permanently since 2008.
Thanks Heidi. I C&Ped that into a FB message for him. I'm sure he'll find it useful.
Old 05-23-2012, 01:16 AM   #6
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by maman08 View Post
on the rough morning, Janine.

S is back in school after two days home with pinkeye. Thankfully no one else seems to have caught it. These past two days have made me seriously anxious about this summer, S and N were into all kinds of trouble and driving each other crazy, and that was without me being tied down with a nursing infant. DH will take 3-4 weeks off and my parents were supposed to come for a couple of weeks when he has to go back to work, but now my dad may need additional surgery on his knee soon so who knows if that will happen. I feel like there's going to be an awful lot of and and and and .
Sorry about the rough times with the kids.
Old 05-23-2012, 02:04 AM   #7
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Heiner and FIL are working on the kitchen, MIL is messing about in the girls room in the wardrobes (IDK why).....I'm staying well out of it.
Old 05-23-2012, 02:26 AM   #8
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

The worktop is in the kitchen. The underside has been oiled, the top side is going to be coated in beeswax...from FIL's own bees!
Old 05-23-2012, 02:33 AM   #9
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Heiner's gone to take Shannon to her doctors appointment. I cant imagine what's wrong with her but she's had this odd blotchy rash for a while now.

Cami did great at her blood test this morning. Poor kids had numbing plasters on both arms and it didn't work, he had to get the blood from her hand. She was a star though.

My doctors appointment went ok too, I forgot about the lumps in my neck b
ut I remembered to get meds for the pain and he said I'll be off work next week too. I have to go back on Tuesday for the follow-on sicknote.
Old 05-23-2012, 06:00 AM   #10
jwjbbrown
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I have been awake since 4:30....not sure why. Bean soup in the crockpot with yummy fresh stock that cooked all night.

MH has her preschool testing this morning. I have no idea how this will all go..... Then she will stay at school with us. My parents will pick us all up at school when they are done with the dentist. Then we will head back here for bean soup.
jwjbbrown is offline   Reply With Quote