Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-18-2012, 06:07 PM   #21
Aingeru
Registered Users

Re: Newborn Stash Speculation...

I have 2 dozen orange-edge GMD organic prefolds, and several different covers: Thirsties, thirsties duo, Bummis Super Brite, Blueberry. I also got several different AIO's to try (1-2 of each, before committing to one). I'm loving the look and feel of the Tots bots Tini fit. Also the Blueberry Mini Deluxe looks nice. The Lil' Joeys are adorable, and tiny, I'm sure she'll fit into those first, but will probably outgrow them first, too. I also have a couple of Swaddlebee's Simplex nb and XS BG AIO, and 2 KL0's.

BTW, this is my first time CDing a newborn, with DS I started at 4 months with OS pocket diapers.

Advertisement

Old 06-18-2012, 06:08 PM   #22
reithegenki
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have a similar stash to what I had for my son (most are hand-me-downs) so, I think I know what we'll like, but a couple of my BFFs (met on DS ) sent me some new fluff so we'll see.

This is what I have going on.

We'll be taking the following for use in the hospital (same as with my son and it worked perfectly with him):
18 preemie prefolds, 2 covers (an xs BSWW and size 1 duo), and a snappi.

Then when we get home we have:
24 preemie/xs prefolds of a few brands/types
1 xs BSWW
3 size 1 duos
2 WAHM covers
1 Imse Vimse cover
1 wool wrap (brand or wahm unknown)
5 KL0s
3 BG 3.0 AIO xs
3 BG bamboo xs
3 snappies

So, going on what I know. I am thinking that we'll hate the BG AIOs (they are uncomfy and leak), LOVE the BG bamboos, like the KL0s, like prefolds/snappi/covers. We went coverless in the hospital mostly and at home during awake times until the kid grew into his OS pockets.

Life is good.
reithegenki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 06:10 PM   #23
Cadensmum
Registered Users
seller

I know that the cheapest way to start is with prefolds but I'm doing AIOs and pockets. I have mostly thirsties (5) and bg (6) but I do have some grovias (2), tiny Tush elites (2), swaddlebees (3), and a blueberry to try and I want to get 2 lil joeys to try as well. (:
Cadensmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 10:43 PM   #24
just1more
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

we are using 12 gmd orange, 18 mama made fitteds, 12 3-layer bamboo inserts and 6 nb proraps. Once my milk came in at the hospital she pees through her gmd's and bamboo liner in an hour. I cant wait till she fits into her small gmd flats.
Old 07-08-2012, 09:48 AM   #25
fluffymailaholic
Registered Users
seller

Baby girl is now 5 days old and just under 7 lbs now I think. The only diapers that fit her under the cord are the ones I made her! I used the free darling diapers newborn pattern and made some pockets/AI2s of both tiny newborn and regular newborn. The tiny newborn fit better right now. Surprisingly no other ones fit! Not my XS BG or FB or my NB bummis super lite or brite over a preemie prefold. What I love about the DDNB pattern is it fits nice and trim between the legs so she can keep her legs curled up which is just adorable.

And of course, here are some action shots!

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3282685874.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	45.4 KB
ID:	111906

Name:	image-2490011011.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	39.7 KB
ID:	111904

Name:	image-3991020434.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	47.9 KB
ID:	111905

Tiny pocket diapers made using the free darling diapers newborn pattern.

Last edited by fluffymailaholic; 07-10-2012 at 04:01 AM.
fluffymailaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 03:41 PM   #26
Cadensmum
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffymailaholic View Post
Baby girl is now 5 days old and just under 7 lbs now I think. The only diapers that fit her under the cord are the ones I made her! I used the free darling diapers newborn pattern and made some pockets/AI2s of both tiny newborn and regular newborn. The tiny newborn fit better right now. Surprisingly no other ones fit! Not my XS BG or FB or my NB bummis super lite or brite over a preemie prefold. What I love about the DDNB pattern is it fits nice and trim between the legs so she can keep her legs curled up which is just adorable.

And of course, here are some action shots!

Attachment 111904
Attachment 111905
Attachment 111906
Tiny pocket diapers made using the free darling diapers newborn pattern.
Do you make customs to sell? Or do you know anyone that does because id love to get sometto try! (:
Old 07-08-2012, 04:01 PM   #27
mabelinoad
Registered Users
Formerly: Mabelino
seller
seller

My Mood:

Sarah, so cute! What top is she wearing, love it!!
Old 07-08-2012, 10:55 PM   #28
fluffymailaholic
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadensmum

Do you make customs to sell? Or do you know anyone that does because id love to get sometto try! (:
I don't make any to sell yet but I could think about it. Although I know there are some using this pattern on etsy. The darling diapers newborn pattern allows anyone to sell diapers made with the pattern. I think most people make fitteds or AI2s with it. I've been using mine as an AI2 with a preemie PF just laid inside.
Old 07-08-2012, 10:56 PM   #29
fluffymailaholic
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mabelino
Sarah, so cute! What top is she wearing, love it!!
I made the top too! I found a free pattern for it online and I made a matching mommy and baby going home outfit we wore home from the hospital! I need to get that picture from hubby.
Old 07-09-2012, 08:20 AM   #30
calex99
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffymailaholic View Post
I made the top too! I found a free pattern for it online and I made a matching mommy and baby going home outfit we wore home from the hospital! I need to get that picture from hubby.
Sarah, I would also be interested in getting some from you if you decide to do it or sell some of the ones you already made. I am expecting a tiny tiny baby, so I am worried NOTHING is going to fit him Sounds like your dipes might fit him perfectly
calex99 is offline   Reply With Quote