Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-23-2012, 07:54 PM   #1
B's Mommy
Registered Users
Formerly: All Fleeced Out
seller
seller

My Mood:
Cloth Revolution Pattern/Diapers

Has anyone made (or bought some that someone else made) the Newborn and "Medium" diapers from the Cloth Revolution pattern and use them on their baby without there being a point with both diapers not fitting (the newborn being too small and the medium being too big)? There is no small diaper, and the newborn says it fits from 5-14lbs and the medium fits from 12-24lbs...The medium fits my 20 pound toddler fine, but I'm worried the legs will be too big for a 12 pounder, and I'm worried the newborn diaper won't fit as long as it says...has anyone had experience with this hopefully?

Advertisement

Old 05-23-2012, 07:58 PM   #2
B's Mommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Cloth Revolution Pattern/Diapers

Oh, and pictures welcome if you have any!
Old 05-23-2012, 09:21 PM   #3
theonenonlymrssmith
Poet Laureate

I made 3 nb and 3 medium for a friend. Her baby fits into both right now, but she prefers the mediums on her little girl who is 2 months old and was born around 7.5 lbs. hope that helps! I also tried the nb on my ds when I was sewing them and at 13lbs a small fit him (barely but it fits!) and the medium fits quite nicely.

I'll try and get some pictures up tomorrow of a medium on my little guy!

I

Last edited by theonenonlymrssmith; 07-08-2012 at 12:40 PM.
theonenonlymrssmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 01:49 PM   #4
theonenonlymrssmith
Poet Laureate

These were all made with the pattern as is.

I talked with my friend and she said her little one is 10lbs now, the smalls fit her, but are a bit tight, and the mediums fit perfectly no leaks., but they do both fit. Hope this helps!

Sorry for the bad cell pix.

Last edited by theonenonlymrssmith; 07-08-2012 at 12:40 PM.
Old 05-24-2012, 04:24 PM   #5
B's Mommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Awesome =) Thanks!
Old 05-25-2012, 02:31 PM   #6
jjgammon
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

SO cute! Have you made any of the larger size ones yet? I downloaded the pattern ages ago and never used it. I'm thinking about digging it back out since DS has developed allergies to 'sposies and we are on a very tight budget. How many larges can you get out of 1 yard of PUL?
jjgammon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 05:39 PM   #7
theonenonlymrssmith
Poet Laureate

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjgammon
SO cute! Have you made any of the larger size ones yet? I downloaded the pattern ages ago and never used it. I'm thinking about digging it back out since DS has developed allergies to 'sposies and we are on a very tight budget. How many larges can you get out of 1 yard of PUL?
Aww thanks.
Medium is the biggest I have made , so I really can't help you, and so far I have also only worked with diaper cuts. I can get one nb and one med. From a diaper cut. The pattern has a page that tells you how many you can get from a yard, I think its like 6? Depending the the width of the fabric. I am a huge softbums fan, and that is what I use inside, so I chose to trim down the pattern a bit in between the legs, since I find the original a bit bulky. (I imagine this would be good if you use fitted though) anyways, the pattern fits great! And it was super easy to follow. I love that its free and I found it much better than the instructions that came with babyville's book that I got as a gift.
Old 05-25-2012, 07:11 PM   #8
jjgammon
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by theonenonlymrssmith View Post
The pattern has a page that tells you how many you can get from a yard, I think its like 6? Depending the the width of the fabric. I am a huge softbums fan, and that is what I use inside, so I chose to trim down the pattern a bit in between the legs, since I find the original a bit bulky. (I imagine this would be good if you use fitted though) anyways, the pattern fits great! And it was super easy to follow. I love that its free and I found it much better than the instructions that came with babyville's book that I got as a gift.
Awesome. I'll have to dig it back out & take a look.
jjgammon is offline   Reply With Quote