Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-27-2012, 03:10 PM   #101
momof_3

Formerly: momof_2girls
seller
seller

My Mood:
Anyone know how I might get a few tide samples? I contacted the customer service and they said they only give coupons. I don't want to buy anymore big containers of detergent only to waste more money and detergent if my son can't handle it on his skin.

Advertisement

Old 05-27-2012, 03:14 PM   #102
thirdtimemomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Stop into a laundry mat. They usually have samples. Or the section were u get travel shampoo in the store. Or ask a neighbor for a baggie full... Or sears gave me samples of tide with my washer.

Sent from my "smart" phone
thirdtimemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 03:20 PM   #103
Catbutt Diapers
Registered Users
seller

Re: Gahh!! This is why so many cloth newbies have laundry issues!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof_3 View Post
Anyone know how I might get a few tide samples? I contacted the customer service and they said they only give coupons. I don't want to buy anymore big containers of detergent only to waste more money and detergent if my son can't handle it on his skin.
Could you trade another one of your failed attempt on FSOT? Or do you have a friend who uses Tide that you can borrow some from?
Old 05-27-2012, 03:57 PM   #104
a.merical
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'm new to CD'ing and think that this one "laundry" post has helped me more than all the confusing reseaching I've done the last few months!

Thanks ladies (:
a.merical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 11:09 AM   #105
RoccerMom
Registered Users
Formerly: Boo'sMama
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof_3 View Post
Look in the travel samples.

Awesome thread btw! Ive been struggling with ammonia since getting a water softener a couple months ago after no issues for the first 1.5 year cding. I use tide but now I'm thinking I should add more....
Old 05-28-2012, 12:14 PM   #106
Ummsamiyah
Registered Users
seller

I just have to say. I use soap nuts because DD has crazy dry skin and they work really well .

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum.
Ummsamiyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 03:16 PM   #107
NewMommy82
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

This upsets me a little because I'm one of the moms trying everything and failing (or used to be) and I most certainly got stink and repelling issues from too much Tide. I know because when I stripped them in the dish washer it took 11 hot, long washes to get the suds out. It took all day! Tide worked at first but then this happened. Anyway, I probably won't ask questions here anymore because I don't want everyone thinking I'm crazy or stupid.
Old 05-28-2012, 09:32 PM   #108
TutuEmily
Registered Users

My Mood:

We had trouble once with horrible staining and stinkies. I was using RnG at the time and had tried more/less detergent, different temperature washes/rinses, and the "rock a soak." Nothing helped. I did not want to strip simply because of all the wear that can cause and I had spent a small fortune on my stash. I literally contacted every big name in cloth diapers; they all asked if I used any other detergents for all my other laundry. I do. I use Gain. I have an extreme reaction to Tide. I have tried them all because of everyone in the CD community swearing by it. Every customer service rep I spoke with--including the owner of one of the lines--told me to use Gain on my diapers. I was actually told the soaking would void my warranty faster than using that detergent--it causes way faster breakdown, and they can tell if it was due to normal wear or soaking. So, I never soak, use Gain, and have never had a problem since. I have my fingers crossed that this works for my lo due in late July. Just my
TutuEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 10:55 PM   #109
garness
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I can't stand tide or gain or anything with scents. I am using SUN free and clear on clothes right now. Do you think that would work with cloth diapers.
Right before I potty trained my last, I was getting ammonia, had very soft water and got so many suds out of my diapers it was crazy. I tried a TON of different detergents and none really worked and I was even using flat diapers.
Old 05-28-2012, 10:55 PM   #110
garness
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I can't stand tide or gain or anything with scents. I am using SUN free and clear on clothes right now. Do you think that would work with cloth diapers.
Right before I potty trained my last, I was getting ammonia, had very soft water and got so many suds out of my diapers it was crazy. I tried a TON of different detergents and none really worked and I was even using flat diapers.