Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-24-2012, 12:25 PM   #41
philliha
Registered Users

Re: Gahh!! This is why so many cloth newbies have laundry issues!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraElise View Post
I was terrified of washing cloth when I started 4 years ago with all of the complicated routines and special detergents.
This. Count me as another person thanking DS for giving me permission to use Tide and a simple routine.

Advertisement

philliha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 02:16 PM   #42
lizgrace07
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohirette View Post
Yep.

Although I do wonder why people can't figure out that a washer full of feces and urine sodden fabric might need MORE detergent, not less. I thought that advice to use a teaspoon or whatever was crap from day 1.
Amen sista.
Old 05-24-2012, 02:45 PM   #43
wildsissy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
I can't use Tide

I tried once and poor DS broke out into horrible eczema because of the scents in Tide. It's too bad, I was hoping to save money on the detergent.
yup this was me too.. I waited and now I used Tide in my first washasn' cycle.. she hasn't had any more eczema outbreaks than she normally has, so I think now she is older she is handling it better.. BUT on the flip side, Tide is not getting rid of my stink no matter how much I use, if I add bleach.. for me it seems to be all about HOT water..
wildsissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 03:56 PM   #44
dannic
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by crysm10 View Post
I am having horrible ammonia problems. My water is soft and nothing seems to work. I have tried 1 tbsp of tide and rng...horrible with both. Even though my water is soft, should I try using more tide? How much should I use?
I have soft water, soft, soft water, and I use to the 2 line (the whole scoop, basically) of ide Ultra with no problems. cold rinse, hot long wash, extra rinse. Easy peasy.
dannic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 04:32 PM   #45
nonipie
Registered Users
seller
seller

Oh gosh yes this drives me CRAZY. I had to stop going to another CD board since there are so many new CD mamas over there that have stink issues and will just pass around the most ridiculous information. It makes my blood pressure elevate because they will actually argue with you about using mainstream detergent or bleach. Like hey my diapers don't stink lady and I've been Cding longer than 5 days but you know what you're right go ahead with a thimble full of RnG. It makes no sense whatsoever. Or the ones that kill me are, "My diapers smell like poop, what could be wrong" and someone says buildup for sure so use less detergent. Nooo crazy they smell like poop because they're DIRTY. Hmm my kid pooped on this towel, I washed it and it still stinks. I must have clearly used TOO MUCH detergent. Yes that's the most logical answer clearly.

ISO:MM Optimus Prime, MM Time Lord and Supreme Dalek

Last edited by nonipie; 05-24-2012 at 04:34 PM.
nonipie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 04:49 PM   #46
editrix
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonipie View Post
Oh gosh yes this drives me CRAZY. I had to stop going to another CD board since there are so many new CD mamas over there that have stink issues and will just pass around the most ridiculous information. It makes my blood pressure elevate because they will actually argue with you about using mainstream detergent or bleach. Like hey my diapers don't stink lady and I've been Cding longer than 5 days but you know what you're right go ahead with a thimble full of RnG. It makes no sense whatsoever. Or the ones that kill me are, "My diapers smell like poop, what could be wrong" and someone says buildup for sure so use less detergent. Nooo crazy they smell like poop because they're DIRTY. Hmm my kid pooped on this towel, I washed it and it still stinks. I must have clearly used TOO MUCH detergent. Yes that's the most logical answer clearly.
I had to stop going to a store's Facebook group as well, because 1) it was driving me crazy to read all this bad advice, and 2) I think they were getting annoyed with my advice. LOL. Every time I posted something, I'd get a bunch of people contradicting me. There really is no convincing so many of these people. Then there were a few posts from people saying "I was thinking of cloth diapering, but this all seems so complicated and I don't want to deal with stink, so I don't know if I will now. Is there anybody who doesn't get it?"
editrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 05:03 PM   #47
MotoMommaNH
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Clearly if your diapers stink like poop they aren't clean...but what is the stink that tells you that you ARE using too much detergent? or is it just repelling from build-up?
Old 05-24-2012, 05:36 PM   #48
thtr4me
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Or the ones that kill me are, "My diapers smell like poop, what could be wrong" and someone says buildup for sure so use less detergent. Nooo crazy they smell like poop because they're DIRTY. Hmm my kid pooped on this towel, I washed it and it still stinks. I must have clearly used TOO MUCH detergent. Yes that's the most logical answer clearly.
Old 05-24-2012, 05:54 PM   #49
Nicolenutt
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nonipie
Lol
Old 05-24-2012, 07:49 PM   #50
twinpossible
Registered Users

My Mood:

you are all cracking me up! I have been CDing my twins for over a year and tried everything under the sun...other then Tide. My super lovely hippie friend confessed to me the other day that she switched to Tide and it worked. I tried it and I am a convert now It's a little out of my comfort zone since I don't use any traditional cleaning products at all but I was SO tired of silly diaper routines and with two in diapers something had to change. I hope this thread keeps getting bumped up so other mama's do not have to suffer my fate, I want my 1st CD year back!!