Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-24-2012, 08:45 AM   #1
risata
Registered Users
seller

I'm new and I have questions :)

We're just beginning to use cloth with our 2 year old, sort of testing the waters because I think I want to CD full-time with the next baby (when he or she comes along.) I've been stalking DS for a couple of weeks and I've learned a lot. Buuuuut I have a couple of questions that I can't find the answer to (If this thread is in the wrong forum please let me know and I'll delete it or move it if I can.)

What does it mean when someone requests to be spammed?

On some WAHM sites I've seen a description of hidden PUL. I know what PUL is, but what does it mean to be hidden? Does that just mean the the treated side of the fabric is inside the diaper, or does it mean that there is a second layer of fabric between the inner and outer layers?

Thanks! I'm sure I'll be back with more questions!

Advertisement

risata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 09:52 AM   #2
megs715
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: I'm new and I have questions :)

Being spammed is having someone tell you that they have whatever you are asking for to sell. For instance if you asked about OS fitteds made with OBV, some of the WAHM may link to their sites where they have what you are looking for available for sale.

Hidden PUL means that there is PUL between the inner most and the outermost layers. So your diaper looks like a fitted but acts as AIO or AI2.
megs715 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 09:54 AM   #3
risata
Registered Users
seller

Aha! Thank you!
risata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 10:07 AM   #4
KdEMomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

Welcome...
Usually you asked to be spammed if you are looking for something specific and want to see if a WAHM makes them, or sells them, or if someone has one available that they might part with.
Hidden PUL means that the PUL layer is between to other layers of fabric so that no PUL actually touches the LOs skin but the diaper would not need a cover.
KdEMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 12:35 PM   #5
YiddleDoppers
Registered Users
Formerly: mama2lumpynoodles
seller

to the above ... there is a subforum specific to CDs questions/answers here: http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/...splay.php?f=10 ,where newbies (and oldies) post questions ... WELCOME TO THE WONDERFUL WORLD OF CLOTH DIAPERING
"Mandie" wife to one awesome dude and Mama to a brood of active boys. Also the heart and hands behind Yiddle Doppers™ on HC and Y.Woman™ on Etsy. Looking for OOAK, rare and HTF items? Stalk us on Stalkerazzi Congo
YiddleDoppers is offline   Reply With Quote