Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-05-2012, 11:31 AM   #1
CountryChicMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Running with a stroller

I've never had a jogging stroller, so please bear with me if these sound like stupid questions. Is it difficult to push a fixed-wheel jogger around a curved track? How well is the steering/pushing if you have two very different size kids (5mo and 2.5yo)? What if during your run you go from paved track to up and down high curbs, over railroad tracks, in the grass, etc? Are they hard to get up and over things or do they glide over bigger dips/bumps?

I was interested in getting the Phil and Ted Explorer inline, but am not really sure it would make a good jogging stroller (since they even state it's not for that), particularly with the terrain I sometimes run on. Plus, my oldest two are right at the weight limit for the two seats (DS1 42lbs, DS2 31lbs) though I'd normally be carrying my younger two, I'd like the option for DS1 to ride. I would like something I could also use for shopping, etc but everything looks so big/bulky.

Any suggestions??

Advertisement

Old 09-05-2012, 11:38 AM   #2
Done at 3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I love love love my Bob revolution. I use it for everyday, it looks like a beast but it turns on a dime and has a good size basket for shopping. It is the best stroller I've ever pushed! The dualie fits through standard doorways. My friend has that one and loved it as well.
Old 09-05-2012, 11:54 AM   #3
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
Re: Running with a stroller

I see people here use the bike trailers to jog with too that have 16 inch or so wheels I think. Space for groceries in back & like 100lbs limit most of them. Not greatest ffor little babies & such.
abunchoflemons is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 11:55 AM   #4
Macyllehub
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Both Bob and Chariots ROCK.

It's not hard to run with a fixed wheel up front. I don't mind the resistance and think of it as toning my arms. I find the bigger the wheels and the metal wheel really help with bumpy terrain. It's a smooth ride for the kids with minimal resistance.

That being said, I use a Trek trailer/stroller and love it. I bought it for 100$ on craigslist and have put 20 miles on it every week for 4 months straight.
Expecting someone small Sept 2014
Macyllehub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 02:57 AM   #5
MamaZnR
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
A bob all the way!!
MamaZnR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 05:27 AM   #6
CherryPie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
We love our Schwinn. The front wheel can lock or swivel.

GetSafeScents.com- New Spring/Summer 2014 catalog is out!
Join Scentsy | Scentsy Closeout Section
Follow me on Instagram: @SarahB00)
CherryPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 06:52 AM   #7
KelseyH
Registered Users
seller

We have a BOB Ironman for our DS right now and I LOVE it. It's something like the most narrow jogger on the market at only 22 or 24" for the single. The front wheel is fixed but it's never really bothered me or hubby. He runs 5 miles every other day and it still looks brand new. I can't offer any advice for 2 kids since our next LO is still only about the size of a raspberry lol. But I am pretty sure we will be getting a BOB Revolution *drool*
KelseyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 02:14 PM   #8
mebl0901
Registered Users
seller

I have a Jeep jogging stroller. It's nothing fancy and I've had it for quite a while but I like it because it gets the job done. It has a fixed wheel and it is kind of a pain but the reason I chose it was because I read some reviews that said if you aren't a super experienced runner and comfortable with a jogging stroller, it's best to get a fixed wheel. Why they say that, I don't know, because it can be kind of a pain. If I were to get a new jogging stroller, I would get one that didn't have a fixed wheel.
Old 09-07-2012, 09:59 AM   #9
CountryChicMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mebl0901 View Post
I have a Jeep jogging stroller. It's nothing fancy and I've had it for quite a while but I like it because it gets the job done. It has a fixed wheel and it is kind of a pain but the reason I chose it was because I read some reviews that said if you aren't a super experienced runner and comfortable with a jogging stroller, it's best to get a fixed wheel. Why they say that, I don't know, because it can be kind of a pain. If I were to get a new jogging stroller, I would get one that didn't have a fixed wheel.
Thanks for posting this b/c I was just coming back to ask about that. Most all the BObs I can find of CL have fixed wheels and I really don't want to buy new if I can help it. :/
Old 09-07-2012, 12:42 PM   #10
Done at 3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
The bob revolution has a rotating front wheel that can be locked to function as a fixed wheel.