Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2012, 06:18 PM   #1
Michelle_M's Avatar
Michelle_M
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Arlington, Tx
Posts: 15,899
My Mood:
S/O What to pack in the "go bag" for a birth center birth?

Here is what I have so far.. I think that's it.. am I forgetting anything?

I have to pack
For Me:
-A bottle of peroxide with spray nozzle
-Waterproof bed pads
-Snitary pads
-Three nursing tanks (birthing tub available if I want it... so one to wear, one to change into if I get out of the tub before the baby is born, and clean one for after baby is born)
-Labor skirt
-Snacks/energy drinks
-Snacks for daddy
-Cell phone charger
-Toiletries if I want to shower at the birth center after.
-Going home clothes
-MP3 Player with music, small speakers
-Digital camera
-Cell Phone
-Wallet
-Chapstick
-Hair elastics

For Baby:
-Going home clothes
-Diapers

For big kids (7, almost 5, and 2):
-A few books
-Trains and train tracks
-Snacks/drinks
-Portable DVD player with a few movies.

Did I miss anything?

DS3 was born at the same birth center, but my mom was here so she watched my two older boys at my house. This time they will be going to the birth center with us, as the two older ones want to watch Baby Sister being born.

My water broke at 4:45am. I got to the birth center about 8am. DS3 was born at 11:02am. I was at home eating food form the What-A-Burger drive through at 2:30pm.

God bless!

Advertisement

__________________
Christian wife to my hubby, mamma to three little men and a little lady!

Send a custom greeting card from Just Because Stationery!Because you don't need a reason to show you care. Caring is reason enough!!!

Last edited by Michelle_M; 06-10-2012 at 06:39 PM.
Michelle_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 06:23 PM   #2
kushie tushie's Avatar
kushie tushie
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 8,018
My Mood:
Hair elastics and chapstick

Amanda . Blaming my phone for typos and crap.
__________________
Amanda- wife to DH. Mama to W (2010), L (2011), H (2013) & expecting #4 Jan 2016
kushie tushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 06:39 PM   #3
Michelle_M's Avatar
Michelle_M
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Arlington, Tx
Posts: 15,899
My Mood:
Re: S/O What to pack in the "go bag" for a birth center birth?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kushie tushie View Post
Hair elastics and chapstick

Amanda . Blaming my phone for typos and crap.
Ah.. Thanks!

God bless!
__________________
Christian wife to my hubby, mamma to three little men and a little lady!

Send a custom greeting card from Just Because Stationery!Because you don't need a reason to show you care. Caring is reason enough!!!
Michelle_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 10:49 PM   #4
Hillargh
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 7,903
My Mood:
Witch hazel pads if they don't provide them would be a must for me!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DS Forum
Hillargh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 02:36 PM   #5
Michelle_M's Avatar
Michelle_M
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Arlington, Tx
Posts: 15,899
My Mood:
Re: S/O What to pack in the "go bag" for a birth center birth?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillargh View Post
Witch hazel pads if they don't provide them would be a must for me!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DS Forum
I've never used them. What are they for?

God bless!
__________________
Christian wife to my hubby, mamma to three little men and a little lady!

Send a custom greeting card from Just Because Stationery!Because you don't need a reason to show you care. Caring is reason enough!!!
Michelle_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 09:58 PM   #6
OnAnnaTime's Avatar
OnAnnaTime
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Missouri
Posts: 1,352
You might have used them if you had hospital births and tore a bit- they're like tucks pads. My hospital nurse had me line them along my pad in my panties and it was really soothing.

A cup with a lid and a straw. I forgot mine in our car, so I used a glass from the birth company but was nervous bc it was glass and no lid, kept worrying I was going to pick it up an drop it with a sudden contraction.

Plastic bag for wet things.

Check list for when you leave- I forgot baby's hat from the birth company in the bed when we left. Luckily they have extras and I got another one but I'm still a little sad I don't have the actual one she wore immediately after birth.
__________________
Wife to Jeremy (2/06)
Mama to Nella (10/07), Ezra (9/09), and Eisley Marie born April 13, 2012 in the water
OnAnnaTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 11:22 PM   #7
tootsy_toes's Avatar
tootsy_toes
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Cleveland, TN
Posts: 1,342
My Mood:
Re: S/O What to pack in the "go bag" for a birth center birth?

Nursing pads, since this is baby #4, your milk may come in quickly.
__________________
Joselyn...

Christ following wife to Andy , and Mama to N-bug ; J-bean ; and lady-K .

Blessed every day!
tootsy_toes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 01:36 AM   #8
Hillargh
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 7,903
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle_M

I've never used them. What are they for?

God bless!
Only the best post partum item ever! Witch hazel naturally soothes. They were my saving grace for being able to sit upright with stitches in an odd place, and for tenderness relief. They practically numbed/soothed the pain away for me. If you stick them in the freezer, they can double as soothing ice packs I didn't know about them until my midwife gave me some.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DS Forum
Hillargh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 04:23 AM   #9
gingerpeachee's Avatar
gingerpeachee
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,915
Re: S/O What to pack in the "go bag" for a birth center birth?

peroxide?
__________________
Mae- Mama to Gustavo 10/07, Joey 12/10 and Henry 5/13
“No matter how big the lie; repeat it often enough and the masses will regard it as the truth.” ― John F. Kennedy
gingerpeachee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 10:14 AM   #10
Michelle_M's Avatar
Michelle_M
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Arlington, Tx
Posts: 15,899
My Mood:
Re: S/O What to pack in the "go bag" for a birth center birth?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnAnnaTime View Post
You might have used them if you had hospital births and tore a bit- they're like tucks pads. My hospital nurse had me line them along my pad in my panties and it was really soothing.

A cup with a lid and a straw. I forgot mine in our car, so I used a glass from the birth company but was nervous bc it was glass and no lid, kept worrying I was going to pick it up an drop it with a sudden contraction.

Plastic bag for wet things.

Check list for when you leave- I forgot baby's hat from the birth company in the bed when we left. Luckily they have extras and I got another one but I'm still a little sad I don't have the actual one she wore immediately after birth.
My cup with straw and lid.. wetbag.... awesome additions. And I'll have to look into the witch hazel pads! Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tootsy_toes View Post
Nursing pads, since this is baby #4, your milk may come in quickly.
You think it could really come in THAT quickly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillargh View Post
Only the best post partum item ever! Witch hazel naturally soothes. They were my saving grace for being able to sit upright with stitches in an odd place, and for tenderness relief. They practically numbed/soothed the pain away for me. If you stick them in the freezer, they can double as soothing ice packs I didn't know about them until my midwife gave me some.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DS Forum
Sounds nice! Where do I get them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerpeachee View Post
peroxide?
I think to help with clean up.... but I didn't need it last time since I had a waterbirth. It's on the list, so I'll pack it.

God bless!
__________________
Christian wife to my hubby, mamma to three little men and a little lady!

Send a custom greeting card from Just Because Stationery!Because you don't need a reason to show you care. Caring is reason enough!!!
Michelle_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright © 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.