Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-25-2012, 09:26 PM   #11
cristy_1996
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: TTC After Loss Thread

Aw what an awesome idea. I had a blighted ovum back in February and am now 5 weeks pregnant. I won't lie and say I am not excited or that my hopes aren't up but I am absolutely terrified. I keep thinking "chances of another blighted ovum are so low....but there are a ton of others that just miscarry later and that is going to be me!!!" Gah, I absolutely HATE the fear I have right now. I am trying to give it to God but it is SO HARD. My OB is wonderful though and is doing an ultrasound June 4th. I know we won't see much but I think at this point, ANYTHING will be better than nothing as before.

Screen Name / Real name: cristy_1996/Cristy
m/c date(s) at 9w5d along: 2/20/12
TCC after m/c starting: Currently expecting again EDD 1/24/13

Advertisement

http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/CristyGriffith
cristy_1996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 09:51 PM   #12
twinpossible
Registered Users

My Mood:

mamato2boyz: Sorry mama Everyone deals with loss in different ways, for me it was a process just to change my signature here on DS! I finally told close friends and family on Facebook yesterday, I took the pregnancy pic I was going to use as our outing and put these words across my baby belly, "Here for only months for forever in our hearts." For some reason that helped me. Long term memorial is to add to my tattoo in a way that honors him. I have a tree of life with love birds in it representing me and the hubby and two birds flying around it representing our girls. I am going to add another bird that is only a color outline flying in to the sunrise behind the tree, I will post a pic when it is finished. I would love to hear how other mamas honored their lost angels.

wolffie: Oh mama, hugs to you! I am so sorry that you have gone through all of this and I can only imagine that if a rainbow baby is wanted SO badly he or she will come in time. Hopefully we will all give you the emotional support you need during this time of TTC.

cristy_1996: Congrats mama and no one would blame you for being nervous. By all odds my twins should have died but they are here and very healthy. Sending you "impossibly wonderful" baby dust for this bean!

Last edited by twinpossible; 05-25-2012 at 09:53 PM.
twinpossible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 09:55 PM   #13
brookglen
Registered Users

Screen Name / Real name: Brookglen/Sandy
m/c date(s) at __ along: 4/7/12 at 6 weeks
TCC after m/c starting: immediately

Hi! Great idea. Im sure I have spouted off my story enough. But I do want to add, tomorrow I'm 10 days past ovulation. I definitely feel optimistic but half of me is terrified. Last time my husband was out of business when it happened. I was alone with the baby. I'm scared that there might actually be something wrong with me. I travel and am on camera for work almost weekly. What if it happens when I'm out doing that? Anyway, these are my current fears. I'm really excited about testing this weekend, but also nervous.
brookglen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 10:08 PM   #14
RunawayBunny
Registered Users
seller
seller

Screen Name / Real name: runawaybunny /Meg
m/c date(s) at __ along: 1/24/2012 at 10 weeks
TCC after m/c starting: right away (on 3rd cycle post m/c now)

Great idea! I am terrible at keeping up on chat threads which is why I havent joined the others, but I will really try with this one! It could be just what I need. I am anywhere from 3 dpo to O'd today based on my chart. Its not making sense this cycle...

Anya - your tattoo plans sound beautiful. I would love to see it when its done.
Old 05-26-2012, 08:54 AM   #15
twinpossible
Registered Users

My Mood:

brookglen: Sounds like you are haunted by the past mama. My hubby is an MFT so we kinda over counsel everything but in this case I really think all of us could do with some therapy. I am a little worried it will happen again too but I keep reminding myself that I am healthy and the odds are in my favor. Keep the faith mama, we are here for you.

RunawayBunny: I am a little worried my cycle will not make sense for a while. I had really weird cycles before my girls were born, 26 days then 50 days. I became very regular but now I am concerned it will get all weird again.
I am really excited for my tattoo, I have wanted to add to it for a while but didn't know how I wanted to finish it. Angel baby inspired me. Most likely doing it in the next couple weeks, depends on the artist's schedule and then I will post pics when it is done!
Old 05-26-2012, 09:02 AM   #16
RunawayBunny
Registered Users
seller
seller

Any charting experts here? I started charting after my M/C and have trouble interpreting it which day I O, but I know I do. This month, I have no idea whats going on. FF says I O'd the day before I got a pos opk. I cant tell if I even actually O'd at all.

Any help would be appreciated!
My Ovulation Chart
Old 05-26-2012, 09:10 AM   #17
RunawayBunny
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinpossible

RunawayBunny: I am a little worried my cycle will not make sense for a while. I had really weird cycles before my girls were born, 26 days then 50 days. I became very regular but now I am concerned it will get all weird again.
I heard most women do go back to "normal" pretty quick. B complex and flax oil is supposed to help get things back to normal.
Old 05-26-2012, 09:54 AM   #18
twinpossible
Registered Users

My Mood:

I am seeing the 20th but it's not too big of a change. If you got a positive opk then I would go on that as your 48 hour time block. This is why I only do cervix and CM charting, my temps are all over the place. Well it might be me cause I get up to take care of the girls sometimes and I am not great at doing it the same time everyday.
Old 05-27-2012, 09:18 AM   #19
twinpossible
Registered Users

My Mood:

Any updates?

After a m/c I felt all "off" and just wanted to be "normal" again. What are some of the ways you helped yourself and or family return to a sense of normalcy? For us, we started doing more fun things as a family. We went to the beach, picked our own berries at a farm, dressed the girls up and took beginning of summer pics, etc.
Old 05-27-2012, 02:10 PM   #20
itsajoi
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Screen Name/Real name: itsajoi/ Jena
m/c m/c date(s) at __ along: early March 2012 at 10 weeks
TCC after m/c starting: now I guess....

I hate to sound ambivalent about TTC, but I'm really not sure how I feel. I absolutely know I want more children, but I guess I'm sort of mad at my body (?) or something. I'm mad at the process. I think I've become more mad as I chart and see absolutely nothing that makes sense going on. Right now I'm having my period, I guess, but that consists of gushing bleeding (sorry, tmi) in the morning that dribbles away to nothing by evening. And I mean nothing. Am I supposed to call that a period? I had a temp spike for one day last cycle and then it plummeted and I started this silly period like stuff. I know I should be patient with my body, and it's not even that I'm so anxious to be able to get pregnant, it's just that I feel like my body is being a rebellious teenager or something and it's just annoying. Straighten up and do what you're supposed to already! Again, I realize it hasn't been that long but ugh. I'm pretty confident I haven't ovulated since the m/c at all...I guess I just have sort of lost confidence in my body in this area. I had a miscarriage for no apparent reason, and now it can't even ovulate and menstruate correctly? What makes me think it's going to be able to care for a growing baby correctly.

Wow. Sorry that was sort of a rant against myself. lol. Sorry! What an intro, huh?