Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-27-2012, 11:05 PM   #31
twinpossible
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: TTC After Loss Thread

caption read: "We thought it was time to share with all of you that we lost a baby this month. We are still grieving and not ready to discuss what happened but it is important to honor this child and hold him dear to our hearts. Please be patient in our silence."

The pic was taken 2 days before baby died.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	angelbaby.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	54.0 KB
ID:	106647  

Advertisement

Last edited by twinpossible; 05-27-2012 at 11:06 PM.
twinpossible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 08:58 AM   #32
RunawayBunny
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinpossible View Post

caption read: "We thought it was time to share with all of you that we lost a baby this month. We are still grieving and not ready to discuss what happened but it is important to honor this child and hold him dear to our hearts. Please be patient in our silence."

The pic was taken 2 days before baby died.
That was a really nice way to announce the baby's passing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbitcrunchy View Post
twinpossible- Thank you so much for starting this thread. What a great idea really. SS for your loss
Agreed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbitcrunchy View Post
Have you all told anyone about your loss? Only my parents know about all of them, my inlaws know of 2 I think. Part of me wants to just share with whomever just so people know that yes it happens, and happens often. But on the other hand I don't really know what I'd want from people that know..pity? sympathy? IDK. It's just really lonely and if not for online boards like this and my girls depending on me, I just don't think I would have gotten out of bed some days.
We had announced the pregnancy at 8 weeks (after we heard a heartbeat) so I did have to announce the miscarriage as well. DH hated that and decided for us that we'd never announce a pregnancy early again. He is a very private guy with his emotions and that was just too visible. I, on the other hand, loved that I could talk openly about what happened. I think if I had to keep it inside I would have felt shameful and even more like I had done something wrong. I appreciated the support from friends that I had no idea had miscarried a baby once upon a time. Plus, I love that baby and would want others to celebrate that it lived and pray/think about its well being now that he (no idea if the baby was a boy, but I always called it a boy) is no longer with me. We may or may not announce early next time around. I figure I'll get preggo first and then worry about it

I am at a coffee shop (we don't have internet at home - just smart phones)today trying desperately to finish DS's 2 year photo album before he's 3. It'll be a great distraction from my 2ww if I can manage not to go on FF.com!
RunawayBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 09:24 AM   #33
brookglen
Registered Users

So I got a positive yesterday. I was excited, now Im just worried. I can handle a miscarriage, but I don't know what I'll do if its actually caused by something.
brookglen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 10:37 AM   #34
twinpossible
Registered Users

My Mood:

RunawayBunny: I felt the same way about announcing the m/c. We waited to tell almost everyone that we were pregnant, only our parents and my two close friends knew. One of my friends pointed out that it was a little odd that a child was here with out most people knowing. When she put it like that I felt bad for poor angel baby, he was a life and he deserved for people to know he was here. Next time around I will still wait to announce the baby until I get past the point where we lost this one. That 2ww is SO annoying, keep busy mama!

brookglen: CONGRATS!!! Try to just be happy for now. I always think of it this way, if the baby lives through pregnancy and birth then I was keeping him in a happy, excited place (which could only help). If the baby passes then I spent my days with him being happy, even if only for a short time. No one can fully protect her heart by worrying about the baby, you are in it to win it so try to enjoy your time. We are all cheering you on, please stick around!!
Old 05-28-2012, 01:56 PM   #35
lilbitcrunchy
Registered Users
Formerly: lovnbabygabi
seller

My Mood:
Great thoughts ladies. I never thought of telling people as honoring the life. DH is very private so he can't even understand me telling my parents as soon as I get a bfp. If I get a bfp this cycle we can hopefully share at our family reunion when I'd be right at 7 weeks. Since I guess there's no totally safe time that would be nice to share in person.

Brookglen- congrats!!!!! Stick baby stick!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 05-28-2012, 03:43 PM   #36
brookglen
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinpossible View Post
RunawayBunny: I felt the same way about announcing the m/c. We waited to tell almost everyone that we were pregnant, only our parents and my two close friends knew. One of my friends pointed out that it was a little odd that a child was here with out most people knowing. When she put it like that I felt bad for poor angel baby, he was a life and he deserved for people to know he was here. Next time around I will still wait to announce the baby until I get past the point where we lost this one. That 2ww is SO annoying, keep busy mama!

brookglen: CONGRATS!!! Try to just be happy for now. I always think of it this way, if the baby lives through pregnancy and birth then I was keeping him in a happy, excited place (which could only help). If the baby passes then I spent my days with him being happy, even if only for a short time. No one can fully protect her heart by worrying about the baby, you are in it to win it so try to enjoy your time. We are all cheering you on, please stick around!!
That is an excellent way to look at it. I went ahead and joined my ddc. I really want this to be a fun pregnancy.

Thank you ladies! I still plan of sticking around here to cheer everyone on!
brookglen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 06:16 PM   #37
twinpossible
Registered Users

My Mood:

and for us to cheer you on as well!
Old 05-28-2012, 07:55 PM   #38
twinpossible
Registered Users

My Mood:

Okay how about a little TMI conversation
First time we had sex after the m/c I chickened out twice! It wasn't even about being afraid to get preggo right away because I would LOVE that. Honestly, I have no idea what the issue was...I was just afraid? Anyone else? (we finally did have sex and it was nothing to fear LOL)
Old 05-28-2012, 08:42 PM   #39
jaqie19
Registered Users

My Mood:

Can I join?

Screen Name / Real name: jaqie19 / Jackie
m/c date(s) at __ along: 4/24/2012 (our 8th wedding anniversary) at 12 weeks
TCC after m/c starting: Not sure yet???

brookglen congrats!
Old 05-28-2012, 09:50 PM   #40
lizgrace07
Registered Users
seller
seller

I'll join.

Screen Name / Real name: lizgrace07 / Liz
m/c date(s) at __ along: 5/24/2012 at 6 weeks
TCC after m/c starting: July or whenever I have a normal cycle, whichever comes first. Actually it will be more of a NTNP thing with hopes of a conception. In the past I have got pregnant very easily, so I am hoping that will be the case after this m/c.