Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-05-2012, 05:50 PM   #411
SaraElise
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: TTC After Loss Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by happymama1 View Post
This happened to me too with a close friend. It was hard...but my guilty pleasure is that my little one who was born 10 weeks after our shared due date, is developmentally ahead of her very normally developing child. I know 10 weeks isn't much...but I know it drives her crazy....somehow, in some crazy way, it makes me feel better about the fact that she got to have her baby and I didn't....although I MUST add that I am SO grateful for my sweet little daughter that wouldn't have existed if it wasn't for my loss. I don't know if that makes any sense....but I'm at peace with how things worked out in the end...even though I miss the baby we lost almost every day

and welcome to our group!
That does make sense, I'm Catholic, and have been feeling overwhelmingly even before our TTC journey started (long story) that I just need to trust God's plan for our family. I can't help but think that because this baby wasn't able to stay with us, that it is so we are able to concieve the baby that will. If that makes any sense. Plus now I know we have a little saint in heaven specifically interceding for our family.

It doesn't make the pain go away, but it has brought me so much peace.

Advertisement

Old 07-05-2012, 05:54 PM   #412
happymama1
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraElise View Post
That does make sense, I'm Catholic, and have been feeling overwhelmingly even before our TTC journey started (long story) that I just need to trust God's plan for our family. I can't help but think that because this baby wasn't able to stay with us, that it is so we are able to concieve the baby that will. If that makes any sense. Plus now I know we have a little saint in heaven specifically interceding for our family.

It doesn't make the pain go away, but it has brought me so much peace.
I'm Catholic too, and I completely agree with you....you put it very beautifully mama!
happymama1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 08:01 PM   #413
twinpossible
Registered Users

My Mood:

Wow, so many Catholics! We are too
Old 07-05-2012, 08:49 PM   #414
happymama1
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinpossible View Post
Wow, so many Catholics! We are too
happymama1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 07:43 AM   #415
jamiejo
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsajoi View Post
Welcome, mama. I was in that ddc, too. Seems like there are quite of few of us...

Yes, there were lots of losses in our little group. I cried with each one before mine, then I left. I couldn't cope with it.

I too think a forum, or sub forum is very much needed.
Old 07-06-2012, 08:08 AM   #416
lilbitcrunchy
Registered Users
Formerly: lovnbabygabi
seller

My Mood:

SaraElise- I'm sorry

twinposible- That is an amazing gift!
Old 07-06-2012, 09:51 AM   #417
twinpossible
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiejo View Post

Yes, there were lots of losses in our little group. I cried with each one before mine, then I left. I couldn't cope with it.

I too think a forum, or sub forum is very much needed.
I couldn't stay, it was too hard to see everyone's updates. I posted about River's death and stayed for a day then left but I stayed in contact with a couple ladies. Our poor little group saw a lot of loss, many were really early on but some were around my time as well.
Old 07-06-2012, 12:34 PM   #418
jamiejo
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinpossible View Post
I couldn't stay, it was too hard to see everyone's updates. I posted about River's death and stayed for a day then left but I stayed in contact with a couple ladies. Our poor little group saw a lot of loss, many were really early on but some were around my time as well.
Thats exactly what I did. There is one that checks on me, and 2 that are in my old DDG from NOV'09 that I adore and keep in close contact with.

TMI Q here. How have your AF's been since your loss? Mine is heavier, more clots, less cramps, lasts longer and then I spot for several days. I was not surprised at this the first AF, but it happened again this last time. Crazy strong O's too, with a week of EWCM and O cramping the day of for about an hour. Never experienced this before, the O cramps. And Never have I spotted after the flow stops. Will it regulate on its own? I'm taking EPO, and someone suggested RRL tea as well.
Old 07-06-2012, 12:49 PM   #419
carriek38
Registered Users
seller
seller

Jamie, I can't speak to O, as I just started AF for the first time since a May loss. I had only stopped spotting from the mc for a few days before I had some old blood spotting w/ EWCM...ostensibly, a phantom O, but I did have some yucky cramps. Now, this AF is very, very heavy (sorry, TMI, but I've had to change tampons about every hour). A little bit of spotting Wednesday night, then a regular to light flow yesterday, which got heavier in the evening. Cramps like crazy yesterday (I had to take Motrin 800 twice yesterday), but mostly gone today, though the heavy bleeding is tough. My regular periods are heavy normally; spotting for an evening, fairly light day 1, days 2 & 3 pretty heavy (changing every 1.5-2 hrs), lightens up, then pretty much done by day 5 & possibly some spotting day 6.

Now, it has gotten heavier since I was doing the meds w/ IUIs, which makes sense, b/c they do help thicken uterine lining, but I had nothing in my system this month & the volume of blood & clots are leaving me feeling a little ill.
Old 07-06-2012, 06:23 PM   #420
twinpossible
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiejo View Post
Thats exactly what I did. There is one that checks on me, and 2 that are in my old DDG from NOV'09 that I adore and keep in close contact with.

TMI Q here. How have your AF's been since your loss? Mine is heavier, more clots, less cramps, lasts longer and then I spot for several days. I was not surprised at this the first AF, but it happened again this last time. Crazy strong O's too, with a week of EWCM and O cramping the day of for about an hour. Never experienced this before, the O cramps. And Never have I spotted after the flow stops. Will it regulate on its own? I'm taking EPO, and someone suggested RRL tea as well.
I have only had one AF since the m/c, it took a long time for my cycle to show up again. It was 5 days long and pretty much "normal". I don't think I O'd between my m/c and my AF but I am sure I did this time. I had O cramps TWICE a day apart (twins run in my family, River was actually a twin with the other baby measuring a couple days smaller but we lost that one at 6 weeks) I would suggest testing your iron levels if you have no already and there is an herbal supplement called Welcome Womb that is awesome for helping you recover from a m/c.