Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-28-2012, 09:56 PM   #41
triscuitsmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I'd like to join this thread.

Name: Alison
M/c: Sep 03 at 5 weeks, chemical pregnancy May 04, Dec 04 at 9 weeks, June/July 05 twins at 5 weeks and 7 weeks, chemical pregnancy Apr 08, May 08 at 5 weeks, Aug 09 at 7 weeks, Nov 11 at 5 weeks
TTC since: December 2011

We've never had six months pass where I wasn't nursing a wee one without me getting pregnant before. Staying pregnant has always been a problem, but now it appears getting pregnant is too.

I have a referral to start the testing process to see if we can start getting some answers. Appointment is June 6th.

Right now I'm CD8 and got a line on my OPK today. It's not yet dark enough to be positive but I'm hoping it'll darken up in the coming days. Its my first time ever using OPKs and my first one I took (yesterday) was stark white so I was happy to see any line at all today next to the control.

Advertisement

Old 05-29-2012, 01:32 PM   #42
RunawayBunny
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: TTC After Loss Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookglen View Post
So I got a positive yesterday. I was excited, now Im just worried. I can handle a miscarriage, but I don't know what I'll do if its actually caused by something.
Congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbitcrunchy View Post
Great thoughts ladies. I never thought of telling people as honoring the life.
I had a very subconscious, "not me" attitude about M/C before it happened. I felt very foolish that we'd announced so early. Someone offered that perspective to me after the fact and it just made me feel a lot better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinpossible View Post
Okay how about a little TMI conversation
First time we had sex after the m/c I chickened out twice! It wasn't even about being afraid to get preggo right away because I would LOVE that. Honestly, I have no idea what the issue was...I was just afraid? Anyone else? (we finally did have sex and it was nothing to fear LOL)
I was very hesitant, but DH was out of town most of my M/C and recovery so there was no temptation for a long while. I think i was mostly concerned it would hurt - it didn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by triscuitsmom View Post
Right now I'm CD8 and got a line on my OPK today. It's not yet dark enough to be positive but I'm hoping it'll darken up in the coming days. Its my first time ever using OPKs and my first one I took (yesterday) was stark white so I was happy to see any line at all today next to the control.
Forgive me if you already knew this, but since its your first time using them I thought I would mention this: you won't always get a progression from day to day like you would a HCG test so don't get discouraged if they don't continue to get darker. Some women do, but I think its the exception rather than the rule. I will have some light days, some dark days, more light days (all just random, basically) and then out of the blue I'll get a positive without any buildup before.

I am going to see "What to Expect When You're Expecting" (the movie) tomorrow as a going away night for a friend. The first time I saw previews for it I thought, "oh that looks cute... I'll definitely have to be pregnant before I can handle seeing it!" I am actually still excited to see it even without my bfp... probably because I am in the 2ww with all the possibilities that it holds.
Old 05-29-2012, 03:36 PM   #43
twinpossible
Registered Users

My Mood:

jaqie19: A sad welcome. Our baby was around 12 weeks as well and it looks like we have been married the same amount of years. Sorry for your loss mama, hopefully you get that sticky baby soon.

lizgrace07: Hopefully your next baby bean happens easily like the ones before, glad to have you here.

triscuitsmom: Oh mama, so much loss. I am so sorry, hopefully the next one carries till birth. I saw one of your losses was twins, we have a set now and this last pregnancy was another set but we lost one at 6 weeks and the second at 12 weeks. It's hard. I had a couple chemical m/c and then started using a homeopathic tonic called Welcome Womb, I really think it helped because the next cycle we got our BFP and that baby lasted until 12 weeks. It might be worth a try while you are waiting for some medical answers. We will all be here cheering you on for the next one!

RunawayBunny: Let us all know if it is worth seeing! When I saw the first preview I was preggo and really wanted to go see it but after I thought NO WAY. You have a good point though, I guess I am officially in the 2ww. Now that's a positive attitude!
Old 05-29-2012, 07:22 PM   #44
happymama1
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

twinpossible: thank you SO much for starting this thread....I really need it right now!!

I'm so sorry for everyone's losses It helps that we are not alone....I'll be saying for everyone's heartache and for super sticky BFP's all around!
happymama1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 07:47 PM   #45
twinpossible
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by happymama1 View Post
twinpossible: thank you SO much for starting this thread....I really need it right now!!

I'm so sorry for everyone's losses It helps that we are not alone....I'll be saying for everyone's heartache and for super sticky BFP's all around!
Thanks mama, everyone needs a little prayer now and then I am so glad this thread is helping more people then just myself!
Old 05-29-2012, 08:13 PM   #46
lizgrace07
Registered Users
seller
seller

Does anybody know if there's any truth to the idea that you are very fertile right after a miscarriage? I am finding conflicting answers. I am wondering if so, why? Does anybody have any experience with that or any good sources for info? What sort of fertility signs would I be looking for, the usual CM signs? Or would it not show the same signs?

We just lost our little one last Thursday. Today the bleeding has really slowed way down, so I am thinking maybe it's almost over. I am wondering what to look for/expect next fertility wise.

The OB I saw for this whole ordeal said he likes people to wait a while before getting pregnant again. Why would that be? I see him for a (hopefully final) visit this Thursday and I'll ask him all these things, but I am just wondering if anyone has any ideas or advice in the mean time.

to all of you and prayers for peace and for a sweet little baby to hold soon!

Last edited by lizgrace07; 05-29-2012 at 08:14 PM. Reason: spelling
lizgrace07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 09:16 PM   #47
mamato2boyz
Formerly lyndibri
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizgrace07 View Post
Does anybody know if there's any truth to the idea that you are very fertile right after a miscarriage? I am finding conflicting answers. I am wondering if so, why? Does anybody have any experience with that or any good sources for info? What sort of fertility signs would I be looking for, the usual CM signs? Or would it not show the same signs?

We just lost our little one last Thursday. Today the bleeding has really slowed way down, so I am thinking maybe it's almost over. I am wondering what to look for/expect next fertility wise.

The OB I saw for this whole ordeal said he likes people to wait a while before getting pregnant again. Why would that be? I see him for a (hopefully final) visit this Thursday and I'll ask him all these things, but I am just wondering if anyone has any ideas or advice in the mean time.

I am wondering that too, actually. I miscarried 2 weeks ago tomorrow and I seem to be getting ready to ovulate. I am getting really EWCM. I totally wasn't expecting this.

The DR I saw said that I should wait until I have at least one period because you want your uterus to be "back" in shape and more importantly, she said, so you can date the next pregnancy more accurately. I dunno.

I'm sorry about your loss. I wish I could be in a room with everyone and just give them lots of

Is anyone doing herb/natural things to help get back into shape? My midwife told me to take Cotton Root back extract and keep drinking red raspberry leaf tea.
Old 05-29-2012, 09:20 PM   #48
leviandgarettsmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizgrace07

So sorry for your loss. Every doctor has a different opinion about TTCing after a m/c. Some think you should wait like 3 or more cycles to give your body time to recover & get back on track hormonally. Some want you to wait one cycle just to help with a more accurate time of conception. The amount of time it takes the HCG to leave your body, & not exactly when you started bleeding, is what plays a major part as to when your body will ovulate again. AFM: my doctor gave me the go ahead to try again immediately after my 5w m/c (natural, like a late AF) in Dec. I conceived again on my 2nd cycle post m/c, but m/c again @ 8 wks, for which I opted for a D&C. While he did ask me to abstain from sex immediately following my D&C, he gave me the go-ahead at my 2 wk post procedure follow-up. We have been NTNP since just because I needed a break to focus on my family instead of letting 2 miscarriages & TTCing consume me. But we are looking forward to actively TTCing once we get back from our family vacay the first week of June.
As for advice for you...do whatever you feel you are ready for & can handle emotionally.

Last edited by leviandgarettsmom; 05-29-2012 at 09:26 PM.
leviandgarettsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 09:20 PM   #49
happymama1
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizgrace07 View Post

Hi mama! I'm very sorry for your loss

As for waiting...I've read conflicting things, but I really think it is up to the couple. I think that you can be fertile right away again....but sometimes it depends on how far along you were. For me, the time it took to get back to "normal" was always pretty equal to how far along I was at the time of my loss. I had one cycle between my first m/c and my youngest DD...and then another m/c in April....which was "technically" a chemical pregnancy....but I really hate that term since. Anyway....as for being fertile right away, I know of people who conceive about 2 weeks after a loss....most recently this may have happened to me (or i may have just had false positives on my wondfo tests....probably won't know for sure), but if I did...then I had two very early m/c back to back....which would be consistent with the statement that you can be extra fertile right away....

all of that to say....I don't think there is any medical reason to wait. It can be helpful for dating the next pregnancy if you conceive again right away....but if you are charting and tracking ovulation, that can be just as effective. I think it is possible that if you had to have a d & c with a m/c....you might need to wait one cycle for your body to heal from it....but even that I'm not sure of.

hope all of my rambling helped a little...
happymama1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 10:13 PM   #50
triscuitsmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I've been super fertile after miscarrying, but I havnt always been open to conceiving again right away. In 2008 I had a chemical pregnancy, got pregnant again right away (ovulated 10 days post bleeding starting), miscarried and then got pregnant again without having a cycle and he was born in early 2009.