Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-22-2012, 11:39 AM   #1
leyash
Registered Users
seller

Miscarriage.

Found out I was pregnant April 7th. Found out I was miscarrying April 18th (started bleeding then as well), and I was about 5.4 weeks pregnant.

My question is, when should I expect to start my period after this miscarriage? I'm on CD 35 (since I started bleeding) and still haven't started. I've been having some little pains in my left ovary, and had some mild cramping last week, all of which is normal for me pre-pregnancy. Any ideas?

Advertisement

leyash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 12:08 PM   #2
newMama9.08
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Miscarriage.

Do you chart or try to track CM? Are your cycles typically 'normal' at 28 days? Have you tested to see if you're pregnant again (you're most fertile in the 3 cycles after a m/c if I recall correctly).

HTH!
newMama9.08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 12:31 PM   #3
leyash
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by newMama9.08 View Post
Do you chart or try to track CM? Are your cycles typically 'normal' at 28 days? Have you tested to see if you're pregnant again (you're most fertile in the 3 cycles after a m/c if I recall correctly).

HTH!
I do not chart or track CM, as I've never really learned how. My cycles are typically 33 to 44 days, and they have been that way for atleast the last 2 years or so. I have taken two tests (with the most recent one being about 3-4 days ago) and both were negative.
Old 05-23-2012, 05:30 AM   #4
babylove921
Registered Users
Formerly: mrsdrums1

My Mood:
My first cycle after my 8 week miscarriage was 50+ days. It can sometimes take awhile. Sometimes its the normal your use too. I typically had a 32 day cycle. The next month after the long cycle was normal for me.
Old 05-23-2012, 10:56 AM   #5
leyash
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by babylove921 View Post
My first cycle after my 8 week miscarriage was 50+ days. It can sometimes take awhile. Sometimes its the normal your use too. I typically had a 32 day cycle. The next month after the long cycle was normal for me.
I really hope that this is the case. We've taken necessary precautions for the most part, to make sure that we don't get pregnant again, but I really am not ready. I figure I'll wait a few more days, and take another test. Today been having some mild cramps and pain in my left ovary. I have a history of ovarian cysts, so pain in my ovaries is fairly normal, and it gets worse when my cycle is getting closer. I guess I will just wait a little while, and see how things go.
Old 05-24-2012, 06:16 AM   #6
cristy_1996
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
My cycles went back to normal after my miscarriage. Literally, it was kinda creepy actually. 14 days later, I ovulated and AF showed up 14 days after that...hope the same for you...it made our 2 cycle wait much more bearable!

http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/CristyGriffith
cristy_1996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 07:26 AM   #7
leyash
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by cristy_1996 View Post
My cycles went back to normal after my miscarriage. Literally, it was kinda creepy actually. 14 days later, I ovulated and AF showed up 14 days after that...hope the same for you...it made our 2 cycle wait much more bearable!
It doesn't look like that's going to be the case for us. I started bleeding from the MC on April 18th. It's been 37 days. Although, I won't really "worry" until I get to 44 days or later... I'm just ready for this to get started. I'm still crampy, and still having some ovarian pain, which honestly... kind of scares me. I had those pains, too, around the time that I found out that I was pregnant. Although, I have had pains like that for the last two years WITHOUT being pregnant, so it doesn't necessarily mean anything. I'm just not ready yet, because I don't see myself being able to go through that again. Will probably take another test on Monday if I still haven't started.
Old 05-24-2012, 02:24 PM   #8
babylove921
Registered Users
Formerly: mrsdrums1

My Mood:
Well if you took a test and it was negative then I think your ok. Stressing is probably making it worse.
Old 05-24-2012, 06:10 PM   #9
leyash
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by babylove921 View Post
Well if you took a test and it was negative then I think your ok. Stressing is probably making it worse.
I found out that I was pregnant on CD 28 in April. So I figure if I took a test around CD 32-34, and it was negative, then I think I'm probably not. However, I know that this isn't always the case depending on ovulation dates and such. I just really am not ready for this right now. I have such mixed emotions on it. We want another baby, but after the m/c, I'm just not sure that I can handle being pregnant again so soon. :/ It's so hard.
Old 05-24-2012, 06:51 PM   #10
twinpossible
Registered Users

My Mood:

It sounds like it might be a HCG thing. If your body slowly came down on your HCG levels from being pregnant then it will delay everything, ovulation, AF, etc. and could account for the ovary pain.
I had a m/c at 5 weeks and then got preggo right away but lost that baby at the start of the 2nd trimester. So all that being said, everyone is different. My experience was ovulating 17 days after the 5 week m/c and got preggo again. We weren't really ready yet either and only had intimate time once that month but we were really happy when we found out we were preggo again. After this m/c I am ready to try again but a little more fearful.
I highly recommend tracking your cervix and CM changes, every woman is different with that too but after a few months you begin to recognize signs of ovulation and pregnancy which really calms me. Best wishes mama.