Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-27-2012, 09:21 PM   #11
jessieof5
Registered Users
seller

Re: My mom had C-Section, will I have one too?

my mom had 2 out of 3 kids. I am on my 4th preg and have not had any. I really dont see how hers would have any connection to yours unless you shared some kind of genetic thing like with your hips or something? I wouldnt worry about it. i never thought I would just because my mom did.

Advertisement

jessieof5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 10:40 AM   #12
raffelsol
Registered Users

No. No one in my family ever had a c-section..on my hubby's either. My DD was really large and just wouldn't descend. I ended up with one after pushing for 2 hours, but it has nothing to do with genetics.
raffelsol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 11:11 AM   #13
mamaerica
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My mom had 3 c-sections (the 1st one was due to failure to progress, the 2nd and 3rd were just repeat).

I have had 4 vaginal births. The first birth was very hard and I didn't progress quickly. However, they have gotten easier from there (I was in labor with the 4th for a total of 1 hour and 45 minutes).

mamaerica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 11:16 AM   #14
bigmamakelsey
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Nope, it has absolutely nothing to do with genetics. A LOT can depend on weather you have a c-section or not - her medical history/conditions, her pelvic size, medicines or drugs during labor, overdue/premature, water breaking, long labors, ect.
Old 05-29-2012, 02:30 AM   #15
eahcapemay
Registered Users
seller
seller

My mom and grandmother both had c-sections I had a natural birth. You can do this! Will you have someone with you during labor who is supportive of a natural or at least vaginal birth?
Old 05-29-2012, 03:38 AM   #16
maecuddlez
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by eahcapemay View Post
My mom and grandmother both had c-sections I had a natural birth. You can do this! Will you have someone with you during labor who is supportive of a natural or at least vaginal birth?
Everyone I've known here support the natural birth. The thing I feel like I don't want anyone in there with me at all. I just moved here and then it makes me feel uncomfortable to have someone I'm not really close to be in the room. My mom and hub couldn't be here.

I want natural birth tho so I think I will be fine. Doctor also never offer c-section to me. I've heard hospital here in Okinawa wont let you have c-section unless you really need it.
maecuddlez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 09:49 AM   #17
Lovinmama3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My mom had 3 natural, vaginal births and I've had 2 c-sections. No link there at all and honestly I would tell your mom to shut her trap, lol.
Old 05-29-2012, 09:08 PM   #18
I_am_Blessed
Registered Users
Formerly: Beth's_Mommy
seller
seller

I was disappointed that I didn't follow my mom's footsteps with labor/delivery. My sister and I practically fell out of her (I was the longer labor of the 2 at a whopping 45 minutes). My sister has had 4 children, and all were extremely quick/easy births. I on the other hand, ended up with an emergency CS with DD, and will be having my third CS with DS2 next Friday. I get a tad jealous thinking about how lucky they were to have their babies naturally, but know that it really doesn't matter, and that I am just as lucky to have my babies out and in my arms.

Mama to 3, soon-to-be-4

I_am_Blessed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 09:22 PM   #19
dncegrl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
My mom didn't have a c section and I have had 2.
dncegrl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 09:23 PM   #20
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I don't think they are related. My mom had 4 natural births, big babies too. A nine pounder a ten pounder, and then my other brother and I at just over seven pounds. No problems, no meds to induce, all was well. I thought that meant that's how it would go for me too. Nope, I ended up with a C section, and yes you are right you won't be in much shape to be alone after. I needed help for several weeks after. My sister in laws who had natural births were up and around in a day or two. If you can try for the natural birth, I've only had a csection and I wish I'd had another option. Can you hire a doula in Japan? They are a labor coach who can help you achieve the birth you want. Good luck, you aren't doomed just because your mom is trying to scare you. And in the long run, a c section isn't the end of the world if it does happen. I still have a happy healthy baby same as someone who delivered naturally.
slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote