Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-30-2012, 02:56 PM   #21
Computermama
Banned

My Mood:
Re: My mom had C-Section, will I have one too?

without knowing why your mother or grandmother had a section, there's no way of telling. If it's something that's potentially genetic - ie a medical condition that makes it unwise to birth vaginally or a predisposition to small pelvic openings, then maybe. Chances are outside something like that, no, their sections won't affect your chances of having a natural birth.

Advertisement

Computermama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 03:05 PM   #22
~Cricket~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Nope - my mom had 8 c-sections, and my sister and I have each had uncomplicated vaginal deliveries.
If you're going to be delivering on you own, I HIGHLY recommend a doula!
All the best for a wonderful, natural birth,
Old 05-31-2012, 08:41 AM   #23
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

A friend of mine's mom had 3 c-sections, and absolutely tried to tell her that she would have one too. My friend had a high-risk pregnancy and a posterior baby, and still birthed vaginally after 36 hours! She was determined and had a supportive doctor and nurses.
Old 05-31-2012, 11:32 AM   #24
maecuddlez
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimy72 View Post
I don't think they are related. My mom had 4 natural births, big babies too. A nine pounder a ten pounder, and then my other brother and I at just over seven pounds. No problems, no meds to induce, all was well. I thought that meant that's how it would go for me too. Nope, I ended up with a C section, and yes you are right you won't be in much shape to be alone after. I needed help for several weeks after. My sister in laws who had natural births were up and around in a day or two. If you can try for the natural birth, I've only had a csection and I wish I'd had another option. Can you hire a doula in Japan? They are a labor coach who can help you achieve the birth you want. Good luck, you aren't doomed just because your mom is trying to scare you. And in the long run, a c section isn't the end of the world if it does happen. I still have a happy healthy baby same as someone who delivered naturally.
I only know one doula here. She ask for 300$ which I cant afford it. I later save that fund for my baby. I think I may ask my friends stay there with me cuz they really support me about that.

I will prop avoid my mom tho. She will freak me out again. haha That sounds bad by avoid but I dont wanna depress when I try to push my baby.

Thank you for your advice.
maecuddlez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 11:36 AM   #25
maecuddlez
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by songbird516 View Post
A friend of mine's mom had 3 c-sections, and absolutely tried to tell her that she would have one too. My friend had a high-risk pregnancy and a posterior baby, and still birthed vaginally after 36 hours! She was determined and had a supportive doctor and nurses.
That's awesome but I don't wanna be in long labor tho. Hopefully mine will be quicker than that. I really believe I will have vagina birth cuz stuff at hospital really support and like I mention they wont schedule c-section to anyone unless it's really bad case.
maecuddlez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 12:02 PM   #26
MyBelgianAzzy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I was born via c-section, but pushed my daughter out after about 24 hours of labor. I had some intervention (epidural LOVE) and had her in a hospital.
MyBelgianAzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 12:09 PM   #27
maecuddlez
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyBelgianAzzy
I was born via c-section, but pushed my daughter out after about 24 hours of labor. I had some intervention (epidural LOVE) and had her in a hospital.
Everyone keeps telling me to take epidural. Haha. They said take it whenever stuff offer it. Do not wait! So yup I will go with that.

I'm too scared to feel the pain and long labor.
Old 06-02-2012, 09:19 AM   #28
shan1212
Registered Users
seller

No one in my family had ever had a c/s before I had one with my first daughter, but my father's mother had a hard time delivering him. At 36 weeks my OB always told me my pelvis was horrible - platypelloid and narrow and she said there was "no way" I could have a baby vaginally. But by the end of my pregnancy my pelvis opened a lot and was even called "roomy." Anyway, I wonder if I could have gotten my paternal grandmother's pelvis because my mom and sister had no problems. I believe if my pelvis did play a role in my first c-section, it was a minor one, because I went on to have a VBAC with my second child. (With my first the problem was too many unnecessary interventions, IMO.)
Old 06-02-2012, 10:55 AM   #29
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by maecuddlez View Post
Everyone keeps telling me to take epidural. Haha. They said take it whenever stuff offer it. Do not wait! So yup I will go with that.

I'm too scared to feel the pain and long labor.
I'm not anti-epidural, but the attitude of "take whatever they offer whenever" is not always the best idea, especially if you don't have care providers who are very pro-vaginal birth. A woman who has an epidural is often limited to bed (can make labor longer), and also the epidural comes with lots of potential complications like making your blood pressure go down (not good for baby or mom) or causing a fever which leads to antibiotics...etc. Also, a baby that is posterior may need mom to get out of bed or into other positions that are much more difficult to do with an epidural. Not impossible, but difficult, and many times nurses/doctors won't tell mom "your baby is in an unfavorable position". Instead they say "your pelvis is too small", which is really often not the case.
Epidurals can be great, but if you go into labor afraid of a long labor and afraid of the pain...you are setting yourself up for all kinds of interventions and complications. It's best to avoid the epidural, or to get it after you've already progressed quite a bit in your labor, and to be an active participant and decision-maker.
And honestly, you never know what your labor will be like, so don't freak yourself out unnecessarily. Do everything you can to make it as easy as possible (eat a good diet with lots of vitamin D, exercise, avoid an induction, etc), and then when the time comes, take it one contraction at a time and see what happens and how you feel about it.
Old 06-02-2012, 01:42 PM   #30
maecuddlez
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by songbird516

I'm not anti-epidural, but the attitude of "take whatever they offer whenever" is not always the best idea, especially if you don't have care providers who are very pro-vaginal birth. A woman who has an epidural is often limited to bed (can make labor longer), and also the epidural comes with lots of potential complications like making your blood pressure go down (not good for baby or mom) or causing a fever which leads to antibiotics...etc. Also, a baby that is posterior may need mom to get out of bed or into other positions that are much more difficult to do with an epidural. Not impossible, but difficult, and many times nurses/doctors won't tell mom "your baby is in an unfavorable position". Instead they say "your pelvis is too small", which is really often not the case.
Epidurals can be great, but if you go into labor afraid of a long labor and afraid of the pain...you are setting yourself up for all kinds of interventions and complications. It's best to avoid the epidural, or to get it after you've already progressed quite a bit in your labor, and to be an active participant and decision-maker.
And honestly, you never know what your labor will be like, so don't freak yourself out unnecessarily. Do everything you can to make it as easy as possible (eat a good diet with lots of vitamin D, exercise, avoid an induction, etc), and then when the time comes, take it one contraction at a time and see what happens and how you feel about it.
I honestly think about use no drug for a couple day. I feel like what if my labor is just easier when compare to another people. I wanna go over my birth plan again. I will need to talk to my hub about it. I know he will always support me but I still need to think over it.

I feel like everyone keep telling about epidural that why I wanna go with it. I don't know it still looks scary to put something in my spine tho. Ugh.. I really don't know what to do.

Maybe I shud go with the flow. Haha.