Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-10-2012, 10:00 PM   #31
Riverdavidsmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Is your baby head down yet?

Congrats! My babe is still breech. starting moxibustion on tuesday. Thanks for asking. I am 33 weeks today...

Advertisement

Old 06-10-2012, 10:05 PM   #32
Riverdavidsmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by momomom View Post
Just saying sorry for that triple post!!!

BTW, my baby flipped breech on Sunday after 3 stressful things happened- 1, a doula palpated my belly and caused a uterine spasm because she sucked at it, then I pulled a muscle swimming, then I spent 8 hours packing on Sunday.

Today I woke up with a head above my belly button, like NO QUESTION! I did some inversions, pelvic tilts, and then 1/2 hour of yoga. Then on hands and knees, I had my oldest get down at the bottom of my belly and talk really sweetly and ask her to put her head back down there.

Then I drove ds 1 hour to and from dance camp, then took a nap on my left side and when I woke up, head was back down, and much deeper in the pelvis than b4. Phew. But she is still moving a LOT more than usual, so I will try to do 1/2 hour yoga 2x per day with lots of hands and knees crawling. I was crying all morning, so I do feel your pain, mama. I will pray and hope your baby flips!!!
You too! There is still hope for me! I don't know if I have ever felt my babe head down. I realized after my ultrasound that hiccups down low mean nothing.
Old 06-11-2012, 12:01 AM   #33
alliecatn1
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecomother
Just wanted to drop in and say I had a 4D ultrasound at 30 weeks and he is vertex!! I was sooooo happy to see that! I don't think he's flipped since then because they showed me how he was laying and it finally all made sense, lol!

OP, how'd your u/s go?
I keep trying to wrap my brain around where/how baby is laying, but I just can't figure it out!

Over the moon!! After 17 months of TTC, our sweet miracle, Corwin Gregory, was born August 29, 2012!! ...And our surprise baby #2 is due April 16, 2014
alliecatn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 08:33 AM   #34
challmeyeralways
Registered Users
seller
seller

I am with you Allie... I have NO IDEA what he is doing in there! The only "guess" I have has to do with where the little jabs are... I most often feel him above my abdomen (up by my ribs) so I assume he is head down, but that may not be the case... I have an appointment on Friday... we will see what the doc says.
Old 06-11-2012, 10:42 AM   #35
1healthylady
Registered Users

MW said Friday that the baby is head down, though I suppose that could still change over the next week or two. Going just by kicks I have no idea what's going on in there. Right now I'm feeling jabs high, low, left and right. This child is going crazy in there!
Ina May's Spiritual Midwifery explains how to tell the position. I tried last night, but I guess its hard to tell on yourself. I couldn't relax my muscles enough but I'm fairly certain I felt the butt up high. My whole abdomen was lopsided!

Sent from my Android using DS Forum
Old 06-12-2012, 01:55 PM   #36
mama2seth&trey
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Mine goes loopsided all the time. My friend looked at me the other day and mentioned it.
mama2seth&trey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 11:14 PM   #37
alliecatn1
Registered Users
seller
seller

MW confirmed today baby is head down!

Over the moon!! After 17 months of TTC, our sweet miracle, Corwin Gregory, was born August 29, 2012!! ...And our surprise baby #2 is due April 16, 2014
alliecatn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 05:59 AM   #38
jcalumna
Registered Users
seller
seller

I had my 32 week prenatal visit this week with the doctor who delivered my first born via emergency c-section. When I asked about the baby's position she told me that she's not really concerned about it right now and that the baby usually turns at about 36 weeks. She assured me that even if the baby is not head down by 36 weeks not to worry because "they can flip like pancakes".

I had an anterior placenta with my first baby & did not feel her move that much. This baby is so vigorous! Sometimes I feel like he's going to just bust out of my belly SERIOUSLY! The doctor explained that it's "normal" to feel that way.

Last edited by jcalumna; 06-14-2012 at 06:02 AM.
jcalumna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 06:23 AM   #39
1healthylady
Registered Users

MW came yesterday and the baby moved to a transverse position. She won't be worried until 35 weeks, and at that point she'll have me do some exercises to try to get baby to move.
Old 06-19-2012, 08:44 AM   #40
Sydsmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My doctor is convinced I can only carry breech babies, this is #3 and he's breech just like my others