Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-28-2012, 09:02 PM   #1
blackberry75
Registered Users

Personal parenting fail # bajillion

After work I went to the building we're trying to renovate to pick up the hubs and kiddos. We get the kids and everything packed into the car and head home. Gman is in the back babbling away as normal (I was super tired and just kinda tuned him out). After a few minutes I realize he's saying "I'm free, I'm free" in this super happy tone. I say "you sure are", not really paying attention to what he's going on about, and turn around to look at him-the hubs was driving. He's not strapped into his seat! I put him in, put his arm through the straps but didn't buckle it or snap the chest part. I freaked out and yell for hubby to pull over ASAP, 'cause even if I unbuckled I couldn't reach Weeman to strap him in. So I suck as a mom. I'm just glad we figured that out before we got on the expressway.

Advertisement

blackberry75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 09:05 PM   #2
kushie tushie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
your not alone. I remember reading a thread were a couple other mamas had had that happen too. It's scary and I'm glad you noticed sooner rather than later.

Amanda . Blaming my phone for typos and crap.
Amanda- wife to DH. Mama to W (2010), L (2011), H (2013) & expecting #4 Jan 2016
kushie tushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 09:06 PM   #3
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Personal parenting fail # bajillion

lol - you don't suck as a mom.

I had DD out of her bucket in the grocery store, slid her back in to pay and then promptly put the bucket into the car.

Got almost out of the parking lot before I remembered that I hadn't actually buckled her into the seat.

these things happen. I guarantee you, it'll never happen to you again!
Old 05-28-2012, 09:21 PM   #4
Palooka
Registered Users
Formerly: jenn.***
seller

My Mood:

lol "I'm free!" That's hilarious. And no, you don't suck. We've all done stuff like that. At least he told you!
Palooka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 09:49 PM   #5
Tina5834
Registered Users
Formerly T***e
seller
seller

My Mood:
Lol! I'm free!
Tina5834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 09:55 PM   #6
MamaNae
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I did that with my oldest, stopped to get some much needed caffeine and then we were going to the city to play at the play place. Drove through town, got on the 4 lane highway, got my van up to 69mph (speed limit of 65, I know I know) and all the sudden something bumps my elbow. I look over and there stands my 2 year old between the drivers seat and the passenger seat. He smiles all big and says "Hi, Mama. I not kuckled." I told him to sit down (on the floor of the van) and as quickly as possible I pulled over on the side of the highway and buckled him up. Scared me to death...
Renae. Helpmeet to my hottie hubby, Josh. Devoted Mama to my Wolf scout-bookworm-sports-a-holic James (7), my Daisy Scout Princess Aldria (5) and my 2 year old Tornado Emmett and [COLOR="Magenta"] and my tiny squish Cora Paige! (May 2013)
MamaNae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 10:02 PM   #7
erin_c_odonnell
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaDeanette View Post
Lol! I'm free!
Too funny (and scary) but happens to most of us
Old 05-28-2012, 10:09 PM   #8
UnderTheStars
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm ashamed to admit that I have almost done this about three times....but thankfully my kids are very anal retentive about their seat buckles because the times I did forget, I was already hearing "YOU FORGOT TO BUCKLE ME!" before I even started up the car.
Old 05-28-2012, 10:11 PM   #9
Crankenstein'sMama0709
Registered Users

My Mood:

my friend did that the other day, she was so upset with herself. I told her that I knew others that it happened to as well.
Old 05-28-2012, 10:19 PM   #10
MyPerfectLife
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm free cracks me up. Also, "you sure are" LOL! I can totally see myself doing the same thing.
To make you feel better, I spend the day at the beach yesterday with my four kids and put sunscreen on everyone (including myself) except my oldest DD . Pretty sure she's got some sun poisoning going on ...
you feel bad about it and at least cared enough to stop the car to buckle him in. IMO, that makes you a GREAT mama
Abby, SAHM mom to Maddy (10), Benny (7), Annie (3.5),and Joshy (1). Wife to my traveling hub for 11 years! Almost FT student (2nd time around). My life is not perfect, but I keep telling myself if I say it enough I will believe it!
MyPerfectLife is offline   Reply With Quote