Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-28-2012, 10:27 PM   #11
drunkenmonkeysmommy1
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I love the I'm free, lol! My eight year old has had to buckle my 3 year old not one, not two , but 3 times after we have started driving. Younger ds buckles the top part himself and in the mist of packing everything in the car I have forgotten to do the bottom.
When he was in an infant seat( I am getting ready to make myself look really bad here), I turned a sharp corner, and I heard older ds yell. You guessed it, the infant seat turned over. I had buckled him in the seat but not the seat itself. I was so used to having the base, but it was on dh's vehicle

Advertisement

Old 05-29-2012, 12:03 AM   #12
nohollyhomaker
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Personal parenting fail # bajillion

One time I was driving down the road and in my rear view mirror pops up my 15 month old ds looking at me. I was talking to another mom at preschool and forgot I didn't buckle him yet. I almost did it another time too but dd told me mom I am not buckled.
nohollyhomaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 03:39 AM   #13
mamashhon
Registered Users
Formerly: m2bs11n5
seller

You don't suck, at all. It's totally hilarious that he was saying i'm free, lol. I tune my boys out all the time. My 4yo is autistic and always making noise. Always. He hums, makes this noise where he sounds like he's saying "ninga ninga ninga ninga" or recites movies word for word constantly. After a while, I tune it out, then feel bad when I hear him say "mom, can you hear me!!"

I've done the same thing with bucking it and realized right before we turned off our street. One time DH forgot to buckle our oldest when he was a squishy newbie. He was in the bucket carrier with blankets covering him, I didn't think to disturb him and check. I nearly killed DH upon driving home and taking him out and seeing he was unbuckled.

Last edited by mamashhon; 05-29-2012 at 03:43 AM.
mamashhon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 03:54 AM   #14
Happy Mommax4
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Ha! I'm free!! I've done this countless times and I'm sure I will again. Thank goodness my DD2, who I usually forget for some reason says "You forgot to buckle me!"
Old 05-29-2012, 07:11 AM   #15
Rewind_Selector
Registered Users
seller
seller

Well at least you didn't leave the baby on the top of the car in one of those carrier type car seats and drive off. Was this Ina commercial or something? I can see it so clearly. Maybe a T.V. Show?
Old 05-29-2012, 07:16 AM   #16
DalesWidda
Registered Users
Formerly: savmaralamommy
seller

My Mood:

You don't suck as a mom! The ones who suck are the ones who LET their kids be unbuckled. Or me, who forgot her CHILD in the car as I went into the store and started shopping, leaving her out in 30 degree weather!
Old 05-29-2012, 07:23 AM   #17
keowilliams
Registered Users
seller

I've done this. When DS1 was newborn, we were leaving my mom's. I tucked him into the bucket seat, and then while my mom and I were still talking, tucked his blankets around him. I never did up the straps! I didn't realize until I got home and pulled off the blankets. I felt terrible. Thank God nothing happened.
Old 05-29-2012, 07:45 AM   #18
Nerissa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

You don't suck. I have done this before. It was with DS1 and we were 15 miles downt he highway when I slowed to turn and he popped his little head in the front seat and said hi. Scared the crap out of me. I know I have done it with both boys as infants in their infant seats.

LOL at the I'm free
Old 05-29-2012, 11:33 AM   #19
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've done it. I have 5 kids who are close in age and I've had to help with all of them and managed to forget one at least once, probably a couple times. I felt horrible too. You get that "what if" pit in your stomach. Ugh!

We may be super moms, but we still have to realize, we are only human.
Old 05-29-2012, 11:36 AM   #20
I_run_with_scissors
Registered Users
seller
seller

im sorry mama i know that must have been really scary and upsetting for you, but i couldnt help but laugh at your story. Im glad you figured out he was really free before you got on the expressway ((hugs)) hes safe, and youre not a bad mom
TTC #4
I_run_with_scissors is offline   Reply With Quote