View Poll Results: How often do you give the kids baths?
I give all of them, SO has never given a bath 27 12.92%
I do most of them 85 40.67%
We split them equally 43 20.57%
I do some of them 33 15.79%
I never give the baths, SO always does 21 10.05%
Voters: 209. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-29-2012, 07:21 AM   #41
DalesWidda
Registered Users
Formerly: savmaralamommy
seller

My Mood:
Re: Who gives the kids baths?

When DH was alive he did most of the baths, taking dd in with him. Well, that stopped after she noticed certain parts and wouldn't stop trying to play with it, lol! Now that she's older (3), she usually takes a bath with her 8 year old sister and my oldest takes her own shower. Once in a while I take her in with me but that's rare because I usually take showers, not baths.

Advertisement

Old 05-29-2012, 07:23 AM   #42
Rewind_Selector
Registered Users
seller
seller

It's just me so I do all the baths. My boys can shower themselves now so only about once a week I go in and give them a good scrub down. We stopped using soap at every bath to because of eczema.. We also only wash hair once a week because we all have curls and shampoo turns us into fuzz heads. So because of all that I don't mind letting kindergarteners bathe themselves.
Old 05-29-2012, 08:12 AM   #43
Almacham
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

DH is supposed to give them a bath every night but it's more like 2 times a week. He'll find an excuse somewhere. Drives me up the wall, too. I feel like if I change their clothes, do all of their laundry, change 95% of all diapers, do diaper laundry, brush their teeth every night, feed them most of the time, etc, etc., etc, then he can give them a frigging bath, brush their hair, and read them a bedtime story.
Old 05-29-2012, 08:18 AM   #44
happysmileylady
Registered Users
seller

We do them together. We throw both the little ones in the tub at the same time and we are both up there with them. Generally, I take the younger one, he takes the older one in terms of getting them washed up, pjs, etc.

Sometimes while they are playing before "clean up" time, I will run downstairs and fix the younger one's bottle or grab the pjs if we forgot them, etc. But for the most part we do the bath together.
happysmileylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 08:25 AM   #45
mommyfrog
Registered Users

I've always done most of the baths. Dh works long hard hours, always has. When I am very pregnant he does more of the baths, or an older kid will. Right now, I only have one kid who has to have full help and my 7yo needs help with her hair. 95% of the time it's me, about 4% of the time it's one of the older girls, and the other 1% is dh bathing the 4yo.
Jeanie, wife of Paul, mommy of Aurora-20 and married (5/23/94), Oliver-18 (12/27/95), Simon-15 (9/11/98), Savannah-14 (4/9/00), Harrison-11 (2/26/03), Genevieve-9 (2/24/05), and Sebastian-6 (4/24/08), Precious Baby Girl (lost 8/10), Magnus-(4/26/14)
mommyfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 08:28 AM   #46
KB'sMama1031
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

DH gives our son almost every bath, he works during the day, so it is their special time then he hands him to me and I dress him. DH does toothbrushing and a book, then I put him in bed
I am always either in the bathroom with them or doing dishes during the bath
it will probably change when we have another LO

Last edited by KB'sMama1031; 05-29-2012 at 08:30 AM.
KB'sMama1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 09:01 AM   #47
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

None of our kids really need us to give them a bath at this point, as the youngest is 5. I help her with her hair, but that's about it.

However, when the oldest was little, DH basically never gave her a bath. When DS came along, he still didn't ever really bathe the children. Finally, I started asking DH, but with option. I would tell him the kitchen needed to be cleaned and the kids needed baths, and would ask if he would do one or the other for me. Sometimes he would choose the kitchen, and sometimes the baths, but even that wasn't often.

Once the kids can sit and play in the tub and just need me close by, I don't mind the bath giving. That's usually when I would sit with a book and chill for a few minutes.
tallanvor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 09:06 AM   #48
carriek38
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeslittlewoman View Post
My oldest son is doing this. He is always about Daddy, and yells "go away" or "I don't like mommy". it is really starting to get to me. :-(
It's hard & I can tell it hurts DP's feelings . OTOH, for...oh, you know, about the first six months of life, she was all about mommy, since she was attached to the boob. "For everything there is a season" & all that I suppose...
Old 05-29-2012, 09:10 AM   #49
the_oz_girl
Registered Users

My Mood:

I said he never does. I'm sure he's given at least one or two in the last couple years. That would have been while I was ill (as in recovering from surgery or on the verge of needing ER care) and one of the children could not wait to be bathed. This would mean that there was an explosive bodily function or similar looking mess that needed to be dealt with before it spread (like spaghetti mixing with a one year old and beige carpet in a rental for instance). I don't remember these few instances, probably due to being mentally out of it will illness or pain killers, but I'm sure it happened at least once in each child's life.
the_oz_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 09:12 AM   #50
kelpie169
Registered Users
seller

Usually he does it. We're not very neurotic about baths so the kids get them maybe once a week, unless theres a huge mess or they were outside all day. Generally, we just wipe them down. But I hardly ever do bath time. That's daddy's special thing with them.
kelpie169 is offline   Reply With Quote