Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-29-2012, 08:53 AM   #11
danielle
Registered Users
Formerly: d*****
seller
seller

My Mood:
Becoming a parent brings out frustrations and insecurities you never thought possible. It's very normal. I had these difficulties and my husband and I wondered sometimes if our commitment to AP was all that and a bag of chips. After seeing what kind of child my daughter is becoming, I can tell you it is worth the effort. My daughter is kind, intelligent, and interested in independence outdoors and love and snuggles at home. We get compliments about her sweet nature so often I sometimes wonder what "other" kids are like. Anyway, you've received excellent advice here. Good luck.

Advertisement

Old 05-29-2012, 08:55 AM   #12
danielle
Registered Users
Formerly: d*****
seller
seller

My Mood:
Oh and I danced WITH my daughter! Twirled her all over the house.
Old 05-29-2012, 09:06 AM   #13
NATTYBATSMOM
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Attachment parenting frustration rant

Oh, hey, how about getting an exercise ball and bouncing on it? Might help with the energy thing. My DH used to do that all the time and you can even use a sling with it (I did it for some time with a Moby with my younger daughter).
My Blog: Sipping Life One Day at a Time
NATTYBATSMOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 09:13 AM   #14
GreyMum
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Does your local library offer any infant programs? It's a great way to meet other moms, and maybe plan some get-togethers from there.

Hope you can find away to get another ac unit or two. I can only imagine how hot it must be getting.
GreyMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 09:20 AM   #15
Kabuki24
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Sounds like you are a wonderful momma! My advice to you, maybe start off the day with a brisk walk (with your daughter in a stroller... it's okay not to wear her all the time) or some kind of exercise... maybe some sit ups, push ups, jumping jacks... jump rope.. or a quick work out video (30 day shread? ) Exercising just makes me feel good and have energy. Like PP said, get out of the house once a day. How far are you from the nearest mall? I hate hot humid weather and I know all about it (from MN...land of misquitoes and 100% humidity.... not as hot as TX, but we do understand humidity here).
Old 05-29-2012, 09:40 AM   #16
mcpforever
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

You've gotten some very good advice. I just want to chime in and say that all of the attachment parenting things you mentioned made LESS work for me and made it easier for me to be on the go all the time. Hungry baby? Just pop her on the breast and continue doing whatever you were doing. If you aren't yet comfy NIP, practice at home in front of a mirror. Get a nursing cover if it makes you feel more comfy. Learn to do it in a sling at home.

Then

Leave the house. Just do it. Go for a walk. Go grocery shopping. Go anywhere. Just get out of the house. Walmart here is nice first thing in the morning.

Being out and about will also entertain your baby and give you something to talk to her about. (I kid you not. I talked constantly while grocery shopping: "What else did we need to get? Oh, some bananas! I love bananas. This bunch looks right. Blah blah blah")

And you have to at least try swimming with her before you decide it's too much trouble. You may be surprised. Playing with her in the pool will get you moving and interacting with her.
Old 05-29-2012, 09:40 AM   #17
mcpforever
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

DP fairy

Last edited by mcpforever; 05-29-2012 at 09:52 AM.
mcpforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 10:48 AM   #18
waterisntsomething
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

maybe try to go for walks when your LO sleeps with her in the carrier. I have been taking walks like that with my LO since he was just a few weeks old. It doesn't get nearly as hot wear I live though. Take a bookbag and a couple bottles of cold water with you. If he is awake whe n Itake him I nurse in my mei tai as I walk and he almost always falls asleep. He also loves jsut seeing everything outside. I'm surpised your LO eats almost constantly at 5 months. Is she truy hungry or bored? I feel like being stuck in the same room all day would be kind of boring for both of you! As for your husband i find the easiest way to communicate stuff like that is to write a letter exlaining exactly why you feel the way you do.
And my vintage shop! http://www.etsy.com/shop/usedbutnotabused
waterisntsomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 10:52 AM   #19
MamaJules
Registered Users
seller

Is there someone you trust that you could leave the baby with for an hour at a time? I didn't do a lot of the AP stuff, but I'm guessing she could go an hour between eating, right? Maybe a couple times a week, let someone else stay with her so you can have a few minutes to do whatever you want to do.
Old 05-29-2012, 10:54 AM   #20
KaleidoscopeEyes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

being AP doesnt mean you have to be in the house all day. join LLL and meet some other AP mamas and start a play group, go for a hike, go out to lunch etc. get a jogging stroller and go rollerblading, go swimming. Learn to nurse walking around using a carrier. it's great
Super crunchy, atheist, vegetarian, liberal WOH and student mama to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wesley 16, Seth 9, Pandora Moonlilly 5 and Nevermore Stargazer 2, married to my awesome sahd artist hubby and partner to my amazing writer/techy boyfriend
KaleidoscopeEyes is offline   Reply With Quote