Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-31-2012, 01:18 PM   #11
tmwmommy
Registered Users
seller

Re: Placenta Previa C-section

I had complete placenta previa with my first pregnancy at 17 weeks. We rechecked it at about 23 weeks and it was completely out of the way. I was cleared for a vaginal birth but other unrelated complications arose and I had a c-section. The c-section recovery wasn't horrible for me but I do recommend arranging for as much help around the house as possible because you likely will not be feeling up to doing much for the first few weeks.

Advertisement

tmwmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 09:56 PM   #12
triscuitsmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
My placenta previa was discovered at 22 weeks and we found it because it was causing heavy bleeding. It was totally covering the cervix. It's true that total previas are less likely to clear and ones that are bleeding even less so and still mine moved completely and I had a vaginal birth. When I started asking for the experiences of others I realized that "more likely" is relative. It's still much more likely your placenta will be totally moved than that it won't statistically speaking. 20 weeks is altogether too early to tell.
Old 06-04-2012, 07:53 AM   #13
KatesCakes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by triscuitsmom View Post
My placenta previa was discovered at 22 weeks and we found it because it was causing heavy bleeding. It was totally covering the cervix. It's true that total previas are less likely to clear and ones that are bleeding even less so and still mine moved completely and I had a vaginal birth. When I started asking for the experiences of others I realized that "more likely" is relative. It's still much more likely your placenta will be totally moved than that it won't statistically speaking. 20 weeks is altogether too early to tell.
Thank you for your story! It makes me feel much better about it moving in time.
I changed my OB doctor, mostly b/c we weren't clicking, but also b/c of how she said it was unlikely that my placenta would move.

Thanks again mamas for all of your stories and encouragement!
Kate~SAHM to my two boys Elliot 2/19/09 and Alec 11/2/10 Expecting #3 Oct 12
KatesCakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 01:01 PM   #14
jac1976
Registered Users
seller

If it doesn't move, they will want to schedule your c/s early to avoid you going into labor. My situation was complicated since they didn't discover the previa until right before I delivered, but I started hemorrhaging badly at 37w4d which is when I was rushed to the hospital and OR for an emergency c/s. Apparently as I started to dilate, the placenta started to abrupt. My doc said if they had known about the previa I most likely would have been scheduled around 36-37 weeks.
Old 06-06-2012, 01:32 PM   #15
KatesCakes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jac1976 View Post
If it doesn't move, they will want to schedule your c/s early to avoid you going into labor. My situation was complicated since they didn't discover the previa until right before I delivered, but I started hemorrhaging badly at 37w4d which is when I was rushed to the hospital and OR for an emergency c/s. Apparently as I started to dilate, the placenta started to abrupt. My doc said if they had known about the previa I most likely would have been scheduled around 36-37 weeks.
Wow, that would be scary! But glad you went in right away and they could get you in for an emergency c-section! Now I know there is a very good reason why they schedule the c-section early. So, I'm happy I know about it and can plan accordingly. I'll be 28 weeks July 20...I know I will be very anxious to have the ultrasound then.
A good family friend of mine is due very close to me and she also has placenta previa, so I have a friend to talk to about it.
Kate~SAHM to my two boys Elliot 2/19/09 and Alec 11/2/10 Expecting #3 Oct 12
KatesCakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 03:12 PM   #16
Lovinmama3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatesCakes View Post
WOW, thank you so much for ALL the advice! I will refer to this a lot.
Hey- I sold you some trainers, hope they are working out for you and potty training is going good!
Your welcome. Got the trainers, they fit great on my son, but we haven't started with the training yet. Soon though...hopefully!
Old 06-07-2012, 03:15 PM   #17
sunshine_mama
Registered Users
seller

I had full placenta previa at 20 weeks with all 3 of mine. It moved before delivery with all 3 (I needed c sections for other reasons.)
Old 06-08-2012, 10:34 AM   #18
jac1976
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatesCakes View Post
Wow, that would be scary! But glad you went in right away and they could get you in for an emergency c-section! Now I know there is a very good reason why they schedule the c-section early. So, I'm happy I know about it and can plan accordingly. I'll be 28 weeks July 20...I know I will be very anxious to have the ultrasound then.
A good family friend of mine is due very close to me and she also has placenta previa, so I have a friend to talk to about it.
It was scary- I remember saying "I don't care what you have to do, just get my baby out and get him out alive." My OB said my son and I were VERY lucky (if they had known about the previa earlier, I would have been monitored much more closely), but after a short NICU stay, my son came home and he is now a happy and healthy 7 year old. Hopefully your placenta will move and this will all be moot!
Old 06-08-2012, 11:29 AM   #19
Rdesonia
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

My placenta moved!

But I did talk with my OB and the L&D nurses as I was really worried that a CS would cause bonding problems. They told me as long as the baby was healthy (No breathing problems), They would after cutting her cord... put her on my chest! I would be allowed some bonding time in the OR. I could even nurse her while they were sewing me up etc. Then DH would be allowed to do Skin to Skin and regardless be allowed to stay with her the WHOLE TIME. (I was scared they would give me a glimpse and wisk her away for hours) She would be allowed in the recovery room as long as DH or another adult was there to help me. After talking with them about my options, I felt a lot better. Although I didn't want a CS and was very glad I didn't have to have one. My final u/s at 36 weeks was the one where they finally cleared me for a vaginal birth! I also was told I would have to have the baby early to prevent natural labor.

My Come Swag with me! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/rdesonia
Rdesonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 11:29 AM   #20
Rdesonia
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

oppsy DP

My Come Swag with me! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/rdesonia