Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 05-29-2012, 02:46 PM   #1
Registered Users
Formerly: mrsdrums1
My Mood:
Levi Joseph's birth story.
I felt really bad Saturday, May 12th. My church had a Mothers Day Brunch, so I went with my mom. I had been having small contractions since I woke up but since I had been having them for 2 weeks didn't think anything of it.
I wasn't feeling right though, I just ignored it all.
Got done with the Brunch, drove home, called Jason told him I had to get Asher out of the house I need to take a bath, and Asher was gonna be too much energy for me to handle. He took him to the grocery store, I took a hot bath, turned on the radio and drank some ice water. Felt great in the water. But I got out and those stupid contractions were still around, not painful just annoying. Jason got home. Decided to start making dinner. Eventually I was timing contractions, very abnormal and further apart, but still there. Ate dinner, Asher went to bed at 8pm, Rays game came on. Watched, but couldn't pay attention, all of a sudden, contractions came back with a fury and 5 minutes apart. Waited 30 minutes, now 3 minutes apart. Grabbed Asher went took him to sitters. I was now crying silently and at the same time, laughing and talking to you ladies.
I had been 2-3cm, 50% for weeks. When we got into hospital and checked I was 4cm, 80% and -2. So within 30 or so minutes of monitoring, everything looked good, so me and jason walked the halls. We walked 30/45 mins and I got back to the room and was now 5cm, 100% and a bulging bag. Decided to get the epidural. Waited about an hour before it was ordered, and in and could feel good. Dr said i'd have a baby within the next hour, I laughed, so the anesthesiologist. gave me what he calls a "dense" epi. Well the nurse came in as soon as I felt nothing did the catheter, and checked me and my water broke and I was 6cm, 100%, -1. About 30 mins and levi's heart rate dropped. So nurse comes rushing in with oxygen and I did that for 30 minutes and everything was fine. Ended up the cord around his neck and the way I was laying aggravated him. So I turned on my side and he was happy again. Checked again by Dr. I was now 7cm and still -1 and she determined he was sunny side up. So we moved to the other side, I was facing Jason and my mom.. boom, dr came in 30 minutes later, took off the oxygen, checked me, his head was right there and I was complete. She asked if I wanted to push, 3 pushes and he was out. Skin to skin for a few minutes. Apgar was 8. He wasn't screaming.. but when they took him from my chest he freaked. Then he breastfed quickly after that.

Megan, wife to Jason. Mommy to Asher, 2, Levi, 1 and Rebekah coming September 10.

Last edited by babylove921; 05-31-2012 at 08:45 AM.
babylove921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 01:07 AM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Levi Joseph. 5/13/12 4:12am

Congratulations mama!
Hope -wife to Mark -mommy to Jack(2-15-07) Silas(12-18-08) Mercy(8-13-10)
blesdfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 08:56 PM   #3
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Levi Joseph. 5/13/12 4:12am

Sarah, mom of many
Almacham is offline   Reply With Quote